Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruña [R] Pre/Post Match

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Catfish, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Barca are finally rolling. Depor are coming to Camp Nou and this should be a good match. But in the end I think a 2-1 victory for FCB will be just about right. 'Dinho and Eto'o will both score for the Catalans.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    You're scoreline is way too low. Oh and there's no way Depor will manage a goal. I'm thinking 5-0 to Barca. But I ask to go easy on us. 2 or 3 goals will be more than enough to finish us off.

3. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Deportivo always play well at Camp Nou.
    We have to respect them and play at 100 % to overcome them.

Will be a good match though.

4. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    With all due respect, I have to agree with you. I just don't see anything less than 3-0...

5. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    maybe u should wear glasses ;)

6. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    We'll see about that after the game :)

7. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Deportivo had problems with scoring goals this year, especialy when they have to dictate the rytem of game. Thats why they lost almost all home matches and played way below their quality against teams which played defensive football. But when they have played defensive they manage to score a goal and took atleast one point. For example: Against Real in Madrid and against Liverpool away.
    This is going to be very dificult match. We will have problems if we dont score a goal soon enough. I expect the game similar to that one against Milan. And I hope again with happy ending for Barca :D

Forza Barca

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca down early from a fran goal in the 6th minute.

Depor 1-0 Barca

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1
    xavi levels in the 23rd min or so.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woohoo! Xavi puts us level in the 23rd!

Barca 1-1 Depor

Fran (6)
    Xavi (23)

12. Hamilton

Hamilton New Member

Jun 23, 2003
  13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh, this is a good one.

Barca 2-1 Depor

Fran (6)
    Xavi (23)
    Eto'o (34)

14. silentryan

silentryan New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Cambridge, MA
    And it's a final, 2-1 Barca.

15. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say that right now, you guys have probably one of the top three sides in the world right now. This is just ridiculous seeing as howyou guys have a large portion of your players right now and you guys are still at the top of the table with a good chance of getting the double.

16. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Absolutely mesmerizing 1st half, I just wanted it to go on forever. Though we conceded a goal very early on, somehow, I knew it was only a matter of time before we leveled. Great goal. Marquez played a FK quickly to belleti inside the area, who delivered an excellent assist for Xavi to coolly slot home. Second goal came after a barrage of Barca shots, all hitting Depor's defence. Great unselfish play by Giuly in the end to give Eto'o his 9th goal in 10 games (1 ahead of Comedicos total output).
    2nd half was a much quieter affair. We still had the majority of the best chances, our defence was excellent, and we were just simply the better side all night long, by far. Eto'o missed a 1 on 1 in the 1st half after a breathtaking through ball by Dinho (quiet game,but still some excellent stuff nontheless). Molina made an excellent intervention.
    On a more sour note, The Stretcher haunted Camp Nou once again as the marvellous Belletti seemed to twist his ankle. Radio reports I've heard indicate an absence of maximum 3 weeks :( Hopefully, it's nothing serious.
    All in all, Barca steamrolls yet again!

Here are the goals:
    http://strefatechno.host.sk/bar-dep/xavigol.avi
    http://strefatechno.host.sk/bar-dep/etogol.avi

17. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    We did it once again, great match with Barca winning 2-1.

Already in 6th minute we recieved a goal. Oleguer wasnt fast enough to catch speedy Munitis whos cross find Fran. Great shoot and it was 0-1 for Depo. I think Belletti should have better marked Fran.
    We were little lost somehow after that goal but soon came nice chances. There were so many of them in entire match that I cant remember all of them. Anyway in 23th minute Deco was foult. I think Marques took a fast pass, find Belletti and his cross found Xavi who scored a nice goal with his left foot. After that is was only Barca. And we had some nice chances too. First Giuly was near after Etoo set him up for a shoot. Deco shot was also near the post went only few inches wide. Etoo should have scored in his one on one with Molina, but goalkepper saved superbly. Luckly Etoo scored a second before that. It was a long action. First Xavi almost scored a goal but defence make a good block. Then Deco set up the ball for Marques who almost fully missed the ball. With very much lucky ball came to Giuly->nice pass left to Etoo who finished the action with his 9th goal in La Liga this year.
    In second half we also have some good chances. Marques, Xavi, Ronaldinho and Giuly were all close. But it stayed 2-1. We fully deserved a win and the resoult could be even higher. But I wont complain, win is a win. Even better if it is a nice one against a rival :D

Player by player:
    Valdes: in 6th minute he could do nothink, the shoot was to powerful to stop it. But later he made some nice saves and looked very secure. Good game by him.
    Belletti: I think he should better mark when we recieved a goal. Anyway, later he set up a goal for Xavi, nice pass. He had some nice moments in this game but also some stupid ones. But as a whole I can say that this was one of his better matches in last games. In the end he got injured (damm). It looked preaty ugly, I think he broke his ankle. He will be probaby out for atleast two months!!!, hopefully not but we will see what doctors say.
    Gio: a good performance. He had a lot of work with inform Munitis, but as a whole good match by him.
    Oleguer: he has a lot of problems with defending in counter attackes. Speed isnt his best excellence, but ground marking is. In the beginingg he made some mistakes but later was a rock. Good performance looking as a whole.
    Puyol: the captain is always one of the best man in the squad and so was tonight. Without him I just dont see Barca winning games. Excellent match.
    Marques: he found his new home in midfield. He is doing excellent there. Great match by him. Superb work in defensive dutys and he almost got a goal twice. Once after his header and once after his shoot from the free kick. Great match by him.
    Deco: I think he had a great match. He does a lot of ugly work in the midfield but at the same time he makes some great passes and playmake game. He is great footballer, great game by him.
    Xavi: boy wonder, best playmaker in the world at the momnet, man of the match in my opinion. There is no words do describe his play, you realy has to see him playing. Wonderful performance once again.
    Giuly: he is becoming old Giuly before he got an injury. He was preaty unlucky not to score tonight, but he assisted for the second goal and also make some great moves. Nice from fans to gave him a standing ovation when he was sub.
    Ronnie: hm, good game by him too. Perhapy not for his standards but good enough for me. He made some nice assistents again, but some times he over reacting with his dribling and he should shoot some times not just assist. Anyway, good game by him too.
    Etoo: african golden boy scored a 9th goal of the season, made some nice moves and should score a second one after one on one with Molina. As a whole great game from great guy.
    Iniesta: he played last 15 minutes and have a great chance, but his shoot just missed the goal. Dont know what to tell about him, good performance.
    Larsson and Gerard didnt play enough to tell somethink smart about their game.

I think best Deportivo player was Munitis. We realy had problems by stopping him. Great match by him, luckely he didnt have support from other teammates.

So, 2-1, great match, I am very, very happy with my Barca and I am waitting Betis next weak.

Forza Barca

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, so it wasn't a dominating performance, but we did get the 3pts....so life is grand.

19. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    we could win this match but we will teach u lesson in riazor ;) and i want remind u that we are in our worst season in recent years.
    those people who saw 3-0 victories maybe they learnt that sometimes they should use glasses ;) specially in depor matches !

20. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    hmmm, actually it turns out we're just fine without glasses. If you didn't see that the scoreline could have been much much higher, then well, I say you give them glasses a shot yourself ;)

21. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belletti out 2-4 according to EMD

Belletti se lesiona, pero podría estar para el clásico

El lateral sufre un esguince del ligamento lateral externo

07/11/04 03:00 h. A Juliano Belletti se le dobló el tobillo izquierdo en el minuto 88, prácticamente en la misma parcela de césped donde a Gabri se le había roto la rodilla. Y como éste, Edmílson, Motta y Sylvinho, el lateral se cayó solo, haciendo temer lo peor al tener que ser retirado en camilla. El parte médico emitido ayer hablaba de “esguince del ligamento lateral externo” de una articulación en la que Belletti ya tenía 'tocado' el tendón de Aquiles. Hoy se le practicarán pruebas para concretar la gravedad del citado esguince, pero todo apunta a que es de grado 2. De confirmarse, Juliano estaría de baja entre dos y cuatro semanas y podría acabar jugar el Barça-Madrid

22. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Postmach comments:
    Giuly:

"These three points are very important for our league position"

"I'm happy with the result and also with the fact that we have three days off ahead of us"

"Deportivo played some good football, but we knew how to react after they scored"

"This was my best game since the injury"

"It felt great to be applauded by the crowd"

"The fact I didn't score is not an issue because I know I'll score next week"

Van Bronckhorst:

"It is a very good result"

"We didn't play well for the first twenty minutes, the pace was extremely fast"

"After Deportivo scored we started playing really well and created loads of goalscoring opportunities"

"We got three points and that's important, but we've got the men to score even more"

Speaking about Deportivo's goal: "If I leave my zone and leave Munitis behind it's always going to be dangerous"

"After the first twenty minutes I didn't move up as much and in the second half we defended better"

Márquez:

"I have a great understanding with Deco and Xavi. When I move up into attack, they cover me behind"

"We have to avoid going a goal down and having to come back from behind"

Speaking about Eto'o's goal: "My assist worked out well because Giuly was there to follow on and Eto'o finished the job"

23. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Nice win for Barca, it was nice of you guys to let us a score a goal. I think we've forgotten what it's like to actually play with a lead.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    what a game!
    i just wanted to add that marquez is really impressing me more and more in each game. i'm starting to think that barca might be better off looking for a defender in the transfer window than a DM. especially now that gerard is finally back.