Barcelona v Bayern television????

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Kirium, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Kirium

Kirium Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Edmond, OK
    Is this only on ESPN Deportes???

I don't show it on ESPN classic. I've got Liverpool v Chelsea on ESPN2 but no Bayern except for the spanish channel which is subscription only.

Is this true?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It's also on Setanta USA live (and on replay).

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=982176 (goto post #14)

3. Korsaaven

Korsaaven New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    it sucks! the bayern vs barca game isnt going to be shown on espn classic. I dont have espn deportes and no im not shelling more bucks to watch it on what can be a poor quality setanta feed.

i think im happier now that FSC is getting the rights for the champion's league next year. at least we will know that it will be shown in FSC and not be worried if espn is going to show it or not.

4. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    up till yesterday it was set to be shown at 4:00 CST on Classic but as of today they are showing classic Masters Golf which apparently is all of a sudden more important. They're also showing Master Gold on classic tomorrow all day as well. Must be very important. :(

I noticed they were giving score updates of the Barca match and wondered why and then found out the fools at ES*N have decided not to show a UEFA Quarterfinal matchup on tape delay today like they've done all season. Why not change now that we've got to the QF stage? :confused: (sarcasm)

I hate ES*N, I'm glad FSC has the new contract.

5. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be willing to bet $50 that they wouldn't have dropped coverage if it featured an English team.

6. Kirium

Kirium Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Edmond, OK
    I think you are exactly right. Just like the english teams are always on the HD channel with espn2 and the other leagues teams are on espn classic.

this sucks. I'm not shelling out the $20 a month so I can get 25 spanish speaking stations I dont want just to see 1 game a month maybe.

7. interglory

interglory Red Card

Mar 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    you shouldn't be glad that fsc got the rights for cl, because on fsc will be the same. epl teams will always be shown on hd and other reams if they show them at all will be on LQ TV feed . i just know one thing if they start to do with what espn was doing for last 11 yeats and only show epl teams i am cansaling my fsc chanel

8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Not sudden, their schedule has been showing Masters highlights for a while now...and it is obviously more important to ESPN.

Instead, ESPN Classic is showing Barca-Bayern THURSDAY at 5pm.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Errr... all the games that ESPN has shown this season have been on low-quality, standard definition. Just because something is shown on an HD channel doesn't mean it is broadcasted in high-definition.