barcelona US tour

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by DonEliasFigeroua, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anyone know which players are scheduled to appear at the event? Also, will they be signing autographs?

Thanks..

2. migeru13

migeru13 New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Hi, I’m from Spain
    Kobe Bryant, Ronaldinho and Márquez are the stars of the Nike event at Hollywood & Higland Complex. They are confirmed by FC Barcelona and Nike
    It’s a Nike event so I think only Nike players will be there, players like Puyol, Iniesta, Giovani dos Santos, Victor Valdés, Zambrotta or Belletti
    Barça players will play Joga 3
    Barça have said that LA Coliseum will be filled, is it possible? 92.650 on a friendly game would be unbelievable, well it’s a Barça game not just a friendly :cool:

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the boards migeru

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Where precisely did you get this? I couldn't find it on the MLSnet site. Have there been any updates?

5. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    it's sold out. :eek:

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone else going to the event today? Well, it will be too late to here your replies.. I'm off to Hollywood and Highland right now.. :cool:

8. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    im going later to the practice thing a HDC. but have fun loco

9. joejoe3515

joejoe3515 Member

May 2, 2005
    let us know how it is...im gonna go watch in new york.

10. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho and Kobe together ... my dream came true :D

Will there be video of this ?

11. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Whoever goes to these publicity events - can you post back with reports? I'd like to know about the atmosphere, how many people went, whether or not Kobi Bryant was actually there and speaking Italian, which of the Barca team members were there (especially Messi), etc. Just wishing I was a fly on the wall.

And...92,000+ LA stadium sold out?! Could it be true? If so, I think that this is a real threshold moment for World Soccer. That's a crazy number, and I honestly will have to see it to believe it. Be great if it were true.

12. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Selling out the Coliseum is definitely an accomplishment...BUT...it is Barcelona, the Champions of Europe and the Chivas from Guadalajara (they have an absolutely HUGE fan base in the LA area). I went to the Chivas vs. America game at the Coliseum last summer. It was sold out and the atmosphere was rediculous. It rivaled any USC football game I've been to.

p.s. I'm definitely going to the H&H event, I'll have my camera with me...I'll try to post them, but I'm not really sure how. If anyone can help, that would be great.

13. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'll be taking some pictures with my buddies camera (he's a prof photographer). It's a 35mm so it might take a few days to post, but I will.

14. rey arturo

rey arturo New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    And...92,000+ LA stadium sold out?! Could it be true? If so, I think that this is a real threshold moment for World Soccer. That's a crazy number, and I honestly will have to see it to believe it. Be great if it were true.[/QUOTE]

Aside from the fact that Márquez is allready an established superstar among Mexican fans, we have all been drooling over Dos Santos' development. Further, Chivas -arguably the most popular team in Mexico- recently reached the semifinals in the Copa Libertadores for the second time. You mix that with the fact that LA has the largest Mexican population outside Mexico City and the possibility of filling a stadium with 92,000 is not that surprising.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    In the website it says:

Thursday, August 10
    16.00, Nike Town Events. Central Park

I went by the Nike Town today and the people that worked there weren't really specific about anything. A guy said that they get all the new Barca merchandise on Wednesday and that "we might see them around there".

On the website it doesn't say anything about a "Nike FCB Fan Rally @ Sara B. Roosevelt Park" at 3:30 as was posted before :confused:.

16. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To all fans of FC Barcelona, I've asked this in a previous post on this thread, I think it would be great if EVERYONE posts here on this very same thread ANY information in terms of ANY EVENT that you go to regarding the Barca Tour while they are here in the States. Whether it's a practice, a game, or any other marketing event through Nike. Since the big even in Hollywood happened today, I'm dying to hear details about the event from fans who were able to go.

Please post (as was previously requested) how many people went (approximately if you can), how the atmosphere was, did Kobe show up, what went on, you get the picture, as much info. as you can.

Also please post any stories you have about being able to get close enough to the team players in terms of being able to get pictures taken with them and/or Autographs. Obviously please be kind enough to include the pictures in your post.

Thank you all in advance, and Visa el Barca!!!

17. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    WOW

Let me just say that as an American, but a European at heart, fan of Football/soccer finally European soccer is on television. FINALLY my college roomates can truly see how incredible European football/soccer is, without being forced to drag them kicking and screaming, to a bar in DC.

Now my question is will this match as well as the other Euro vs American club matches be on TV, if so what channel and when.

Thank you so much

Best of Luck to Barcelona, (Does anybody know if Ronaldhino will play?)

18. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I just got back from the so called "event".

Great atmosphere, but the event itself was shiet. The players showed up about two hours late and Dinho showed up in flipflops so he had to borrow a pair of socks and running shoes from the security to play in a 4 on 4 football match with the little kids. All 4 players who played (Dinho, Marquez, Dos Santos and Puyol) looked as if they were being forced to do what they were doing. Also, it was ridiculous to see them just kicking the ball around with no enthusiasm whatsoever. Not that it would have been any less ridiculous to see them bust out crazy tricks against 7 year olds....

19. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    I was at the practice tonight. The entire squad was there from Ronaldonkey to the furious Eto'o. The event wasnt organized like say even an mls side. They made us wait an hour for hte team to come out because the bus arrived late. Kobe bryant unfortunately was not there. Alot of people ran on the field at the end. Security wasnt fan friendly and the stupid thing was they made u show your ticket when you wanted to enter the stands, which was stupid considering the entire stadium was general admission. Barcelona players didnt have any autograph signings, didnt make any speeches to the crowd. I got saviola's attention and held up my arsenal scarf pointing to it cuz we will be getting him hopefully. There was about 7000 people there today. And let me say that most barcelona jerseys i saw today were faker than michael jacksons nose.

AND 20 BUCKS FOR PARKING WTF!!! NOT EVEN LAKER GAMES ARE THIS EXPENSIVE

20. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Like I said in the previous post, GREAT atmosphere, but the event itself was crap.

Kobe showed up, but no, he didn't speak Italian. I did see him talking to Dinho and Eto'o a lot tho. I have no idea how they were able to communicate with eachother.

Pretty much the whole team but with exception of Dinho, Puyol and Marquez, not one of them spoke a single word or bothered to do ANYTHING during the "event" which means that they were just standing on the stage the whole time. lol.

21. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Maybe they'll do a tap dance in NYC?? :rolleyes:

22. joejoe3515

joejoe3515 Member

May 2, 2005
    so let me get this straight, at the nike event, all the players were there but only 4 of them played? and none of them signed?

also, does anyone know where it will be in NEW YORK?

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well the info is not really that good. But if they are gonna be at the Nike Town it's located at 57th St and 5th Ave.

The practices will be at Giants Stadium.

24. joejoe3515

joejoe3515 Member

May 2, 2005
    why do i hear differnetly though? if anyone finds out the definte answer, let us know? anyone else going to the new york thing?

25. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, only 4 of them "play". Remember, it's only a kick around with 4 other 7 year olds. And no, they don't sign autographs but I saw Messi signing autographs for some people while he was walking towards the stage.