barcelona US tour

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by DonEliasFigeroua, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm too lazy to read every page in this thread, so I ask you guys if Ronaldino et. al will be coming over? I watched FSW Report and they said that the WC guys are still resting, but they didn't say when and if they come back.

2. lnfected

lnfected New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    usa
    those fsc guys are idiots. and that that other guy saying he heard a rumor about the stars not coming, dont easily beleive rumors. whats the point of barca even coming if the stars arent coming? its been confirmed that ronaldihno, messi, marquez etc. are gonna be playing in the games, yes A team. go on the barcelona site it says it all their, plus they have been advertising stating ronaldihno etc. are coming. i called around diff places and also got confirmation. how much more do you need, seriously get a grip son. get slapped

3. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Well the LA Barcelona Training for the season or partial season holders is on saturday august 5 at 6:30 pm at the home depo center track and field stadium. cuz i just got my tickets...

4. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    they weren't gonna train at the center...I thought they where training at LMU?:confused: Season holders, for Galaxy or what?

5. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    from what I read in the Barcelona based sport paper, Frank Rijkaard doesnt think the stars, just joining prior to the tour(Deco, Dinho, Zambrotta, Thuram), will play in either of the two opening matches because they dont have enough training sessions under their belts. This was the reason for bringing so many youth and B squad players to America.

6. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Infected, I believe you were referring to me as the "other guy saying I heard a rumor about the stars not coming". I think you misunderstood me, and in an effort to not confuse anyone else, I'd like to reiterate what I was saying.

The guy I spoke to at the Nike store in NY is the one who was telling me about the different rumors that they had been hearing about Barcelona going to visit the store on Thursday 8/10. The rumors were strictly about the store visit, nothing else. In order to help those who are lazy and choose not to read through the past posts, I won't get into detail but I will confirm for them, that by the time the team arrives in NY they will have all of their players, all of the stars, Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi, EVERYBODY.

Lucho is correct about what the sports papers from Barcelona said as far as some of the players missing the first few games but I don't think that is the case as far as the pre-season games are concerned. What I mean is that it's written into the contract that Barcelona signed for this tour, it probably states exactly how many minutes (minimum) the STAR players HAVE to play in these pre-season games. Again all I'm saying is that the STARS WILL BE HERE, they WILL play the pre-season games the only thing we don't know is how long they will play in each game. Obviously SUM is aware that the people who will want to come see Barcelona play, want to do so in order to see the superstar players not their B squad players, regardless of how good Dos Santos is and will be in the future, so don't worry the stars will be here in the U.S.!

Hope I was clear enough.

7. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006

i am a chivas usa season holder. cus its also a chiva usa doulble header game. so im 100% sure its at the home depo track and field stadium because i have the tickets.

8. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guys will any channel show these games .... in US or Canada ????

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ronaldinho and other are required to play atleast 30 minutes a match. Link

FSC, Fox Soccer Channel

10. Adriana10

Adriana10 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    There seems to be lots of confusion!

The Nike press event on Saturday in Los Angeles is going to be AMAZING. It's totally free, open to the public, no tickets necessary. Just show up! It's at the Hollywood and Highlands mall courtyard. 3:30 - 5pm

Will be back on later this afternoon with more details about where you can pick up the free tickets to the training session.

11. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    sweet thnxxxxx:D

12. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hi Adriana,

Don't know if you've had a chance to read the PM I sent you.

But in case you haven't here is my question:

Since you work with Nike Soccer directly, I was wondering if you could provide information for those of us on the East Coast that would like to get confirmed information as to the possible Barcelona trip to the Nike Town Store in NY on Thursday 8/10 per the itinerary that was released.

I am hoping that if you don't have information about the NY visit, maybe you could direct me to someone at Nike who could provide me with information.

Feel free to send me a PM with that person's contact info, so I can reach out to them.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

I'm VERY envious of the Barcelona fans on the West Coast that will be able to attend the Saturday event sounds like a blast.

Visca el Barca!

13. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just called LMU to see i their training sessions are open to the public. Unfortunately, they are not...nothing. The girl said she was getting alot of phone calls from people asking about them...she didn't even know who they were and why they were so popular :rolleyes: . Soooooooo, it looks like the Hollywood & Highland event is the only place for non VIPs.

14. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    From the looks of the picture previously posted, the parking lot or area around the stadium fence shouldn't be too off of a view.

15. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Adriana, if i want to take my 4 year old son to the Home depo training on sat. do i need a tickets for him to enter even thought i have a ticket for my entry?

16. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    lol, would it count if I had tix for the chivas usa game that day? So they're gonna train at LMU and the HDC then?

17. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all the East Coast fans, I've been informed by the Red Bulls NY that of the 2 practices that were provided in the team itinerary, the Friday practice at 7pm is the one that the passes are being mailed out for to the season ticket holders. When I asked about the Thursday practice, they told me that practice will not be open to the public.

So unless Andrea from Nike Soccer provides us with some information about the NY Store visit, the Friday practice might be the best and only hope to get some autographs.

18. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Below is the most up-to-date tour calendar:

(+) indicates event is open to media.
    (P) Indicates private event; coverage provided by pool reporter/photo/video.

Los Angeles
    Friday, August 4
    3:00 PM - Tour Kick-off news conference @ Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey (+)
    7:00 PM - Training session (with player media availability) @ Loyola Marymount University (+)

Saturday, August 5
    10:00 AM - Training session (with player media availability) @ Loyola Marymount University (+)
    3:30 PM - Nike FCB Fan Rally @ corner of Hollywood and Highland with Kobe Bryant and other athletes/entertainers to be named (with some player availability) (+)
    7:00 PM - Training session (no player media availability) @ Home Depot Center Track and Field Facility (+)

Sunday, August 6
    10:00 AM - Training session (no player media availability) @ Loyola Marymount University (+)
    4:00 PM - Chivas USA vs NE Revolution / FCB vs. Chivas de Guadalajara

Houston

Monday, August 7
    2:00 PM - News conference @ St. Regis Galleria (+)
    7:00 PM - Training session (with player media availability) @ Reliant Stadium (+)

Tuesday, August 8
    10:00 AM - Training session (with player media availability) @ Reliant Stadium (+)
    Noon - Post-training photo-op with Houston Texans players @ Reliant Stadium (+)
    3:00 PM - NASA Tour (P)
    7:00 PM - Training session (no player media availability) @ Robertson Stadium (+)

Wednesday, August 9
    10:00 AM - Training session (no player media availability) @ Reliant Stadium (+)
    7:00 PM - Houston Dynamo vs. LA Galaxy / FCB vs. Club America

New York

Thursday, August 10
    1:30 PM - News conference @ Hard Rock Café Times Square (+)
    3:30 PM - Nike FCB Fan Rally @ Sara B. Roosevelt Park in Lower Manhattan with other athletes/ entertainers to be named (with some player availability) (+)
    7:00 PM - Training session (with player media availability) @ Giants Stadium (+)

Friday, August 11
    7:00 PM - Training session (no player media availability) @ Giants stadium (+)

Saturday, August 12
    7:30 PM - FCB vs. New York Red Bulls
    got it from mls site..

19. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    sorry for the n00bness but, what does (with player media availability) mean?

20. PaulyJee

PaulyJee New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    no its cool. well i think i might mean that players will b able to be interviewed bye the media or something like that..

21. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    More details about NIKE events on the FCB tour

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  23. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
  24. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Tuesday, Aug. 1st, at the US Open Cup match between LA vs Roma FC, they gave out general admission and parking passes to Barcelona's open practice at the HDC on Saturday, August 5th at 6:30pm. I'm assuming that if you didn't get one of these general admission tickets that you're out of luck. However, if you go to the LA Galaxy forum, you may be able to PM someone who is giving away their tickets.

Good luck. I hope that this helped. :eek:

25. SiccMade

SiccMade New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Damn, thanks for the info Red. Well if anyone here has passes they don't want...pm me?