barcelona US tour

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by DonEliasFigeroua, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    lol...What I meant to say was that you posted earlier somewhere that Barca was going to train at the USC Training facility...now I ask you, do you know for sure if they were going to train there?

2. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Exactly...

F'n Redbulls, I hate their sorry asses even more now... Can't wait for the 12th when Barcelona tears them a new one.

3. Lobezno1

Lobezno1 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To all the folks who were looking forward to the possibility of getting close enough to the Barcelona players in New York during practice(s) to try and get pics and autographs, I understand your frustration.

It does suck that the practices will only be open to the Season Ticket Holders of the NY Red Bulls, and I'm sure some of them wouldn't be able to pick out the Barcelona players out of a line-up as was previously mentioned by someone else here.

But if you think about it, this Barcelona Tour to the US is being put together by SUM the Marketing arm of MLS. It stands to reason that the MLS teams in the cities that Barcelona is going to will try to "thank" their season ticket holders in some way. They obviously have chosen the passes to the Barcelona practices as this "thank you" for being Season Ticket Holders of the Red Bulls (or Chivas USA). I'm not 100% sure if L.A and Houston will do the same thing as far as the practices, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. I suggest if you are in those cities you call the MLS teams directly and ask them about the Barcelona Practices and whether or not they will only be open to the Season Ticket Holders of those MLS teams. Please post here your answers once you've done that, I'd be interested in knowing whether this is the case or not.

The last time Barcelona was here (2003) it was handled by a company called CHAMPIONS WORLD and what they did is they sold tickets to the game and a VIP ticket which was more expensive would get you the ticket to the game and tickets to go to the practice as well. I'm sure those of us who are not Season Ticket holders of the Red Bulls would prefer if the practice tickets were made available to the general public, and I am upset that they are not, but I understand why it's being done the way it is right now.

The one thing that I am upset about is that in order to get tickets to the Barcelona game, you had to buy some sort of ticket package for the Red Bulls, that does seem VERY cheesy/corny to me, but again, from a business standpoint, I can understand why MLS chose to do it that way, let's face it, they know that Barcelona's coming here will attract non MLS fans to the game and they are trying to take advantage of that and get us to help them profit. Definitely NOT COOL, but from a business standpoint it make sense.

Just my 2 cents!

4. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The "VIP" passes might be available on ebay or craigslist.

5. speedjunky626

speedjunky626 New Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Los Angeles
    i called the chivas usa hotline and they told me that the team will be arriving on friday (8/4). i asked if they knew anything about an autograph session they said they didnt. oh yea about the training session, they told me that the team was going to be practicing on saturday night at the home depot center and that there was tickets on sell for that, but the tickets can only be purchased through ticket packages. so i checked it out on the home depot center site for more information and it just confused me cuz the x games are going to be held on that weeked so how the hell is barca suppose to practice there. im planning to call again later in the week to c if they can give me the right information

6. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    I don't think the X-games are gonna take up the entire center...there should be a few fields reserved for them to practice...Thanks for the info..keep us updated mang! p.s. how much are the packages?

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    I never knew the guy's english was that good...

9. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He is dutch!.....basically a mandatory second language

10. Adriana10

Adriana10 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    I have some information that you guys will like (in LA)!

We (Nike Soccer) are giving away 1,000 tickets to see FC Barcelona train at Home Depot Center on Saturday Night. These tickets can be picked up at a specific retailer next week - we will announce it soon.

ALSO, we're rolling out the red carpet on Saturday at 3:30pm in Hollywood. This is an event for press and for fans, held at Hollywood and Highlands with around 18 members of the team (Ronaldinho, Marquez, Puyol, Mendes, Iniesta, Belletti, etc) along with celebrities and other athletes. This will be the best chance to get autographs, so come decked out in your facepaint and jerseys....free giveaways also!

More information to come.

11. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    sweet :D

12. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    This is GREAT NEWS!!!!! Where did you get this info? Please let us know. I would really love to see them train @ home depot. Thanks Adriana10. :)

13. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This might be the dead giveaway "We (Nike Soccer)".

14. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    oooops, sorry Lucho. I mean do you have a link to the news article. lol :)

15. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    news article? again, (Nike Soccer)...Nike itself homie.

16. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Battlecat, just checked with Nike directly. Nothing is confirmed. The only thing that is confirmed is that they will train @ home depot.:)

I want to see them just as much as you guys. I'm not going to travel all the way to spain. Screw that. :) It' all good homie. Hopefully we can get a confirmation pretty soon. :) . Please chill out with the sarcasm. Thanks.:mad:

17. Adriana10

Adriana10 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    The event at Hollywood and Highlands is confirmed.

I am from Nike Soccer (not the Niketown store if you're calling there).

Also - Dirk from Sam's Army...I'm looking for you. Hit me up!

18. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    lol, where's the sarcasm? Adriana10 is from NIKE directly...why source to a news article when she (assuming) just told you so?

19. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Please forgive my ignorance guys. As you can see I'm a newbie. I apologize to Battlecat and Lucho. I would also like to apologize to Adriana10. I'm just very excited that Barca's coming into town. Thanks.

20. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    it's all good man, i'm a n00b too. Just try to stay calm...lol :D Did you get some tix to see them at the coliseo?

21. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dont go getting arrested.....and make sure to register with the local for Megans law

22. chingadera

chingadera New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Yeah, I got section 5, 4th row. Is this a good view? I have not been to the Coliseo since I was about 10 years old. How about you?: )

23. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    should be...you're like right in the middle...I got sec. 9 row 3

24. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    lol, it's not that bad here...

25. American Red

American Red Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Bavaria
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We are talking Saturday the fifth right?