Barcelona SC- Part II (2008/2010)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by ecuajhony, Jun 23, 2005.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    So BSC is on the look for a new GK and is rumored to be trying to get Dida. Honestly I dont want him to return to Ecuador much less BSC. I think BSC should try to get Daniel Azcona he is Nationalized or Cristian Bonilla or both for that matter. I feel like Bonilla would be perfect for BSC as their main GK Azcona for back up.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I just noticed that BSC is planing on nuking this whole team lol

Players leaving:
    Banguera
    Frascarelli
    Erazo
    Gonzalez
    Herrera
    R.Oyola
    Lastra
    Perez

Marcos Caicedo is also rumored to be out I think they should let Esterilla bounce as well. Alvez to and get Cifuentes back. Also Cevallos and Mendoza release them. Cevallos at this point isnt going to break into a big team he should stay at a small team where he gets playing time. Mendoza is 25 now and I never saw anything interesting from him that would want me to have him on a big team like BSC. Sign 2 GK and promote a youth for 3rd option. Also rumored to have signed Emanuel Matinez and Dida ? Dida I really dont believe.

Signing I think they should make:
    GK
    Cristian Bonilla
    Daniel Azcona

DEF
    William Riveros
    Gustavo Vallecilla
    Jairo Jimenez

MID
    Bruno Pinatares
    Emanuel Martinez

FW
    John Cifuentes

Starting 11:
    Bonilla
    Velasco, Aimar, Riveros, Pineida
    Marquez, Pinatares
    E.Martinez, Aleman, F. Martinez
    Cifuentes

Copa Ecuador
    Azcona
    Castillo, Vallecilla, Jimenez, B.Caicedo
    Montano, Calderon
    S.Caicedo, Diaz, Arce
    Campana

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Primitive Ways repped this.
  5. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I couldn’t watch the last 20 minutes. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

javer repped this.
  6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Ngl i couldn't either i was streaming it on my phone at work and I had to leave my phone so I could focus and when I came back it was done.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was reading a few articles talking about the liquidity issues with the team...and with covid-19 affecting ticket sales and TV deals, where does Barcelona find financial solvency for the year? Despite the win (well deserved), what is the long term prospect for the team? A few lawsuits loom on the horizon and the money is just simply not there (for the time being)

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Budget was lowered from 17 million to 10 million. Jonathan Alvez was let go, was making $40k a month. Money is coming from Copa Libertadores, I believe BSC earned $5 million.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Financially a lot of teams are in disarray. Qualifying for copa libertadores was huge for BSC. They should also look to sell a player or two. Byron Castillo is an option. That's about it. Their squad for the most part is older. The league should have lowered the foreign player quota from for 6 to 4. A whole bunch of teams don't even have the money to pay their players yet they bring in overpriced Argentineans. Makes no sense.

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Got myself the championship jersey.

4B0F6B79-DEFF-42D9-834B-70C7B3D7B56C.jpeg

Cris 09 and javer repped this.
  11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    https://www.futbolecuador.com/site/...del-idolo-no-es-llamado-a-la-seleccion/135132

"“No sé si el término es presionar (para que convoquen a Castillo), nadie puede discutir el buen momento y buen nivel que presenta Byron. Creo que Byron, si puede jugar aquí (Serie A), ha jugado Copa Libertadores y no ha habido inconvenientes, podría jugar en la Selección si hacen la consulta, siempre y cuando estén convencidos en el cuerpo técnico”, inició Pepe Pancho."

This is lame and irresponsible. As we've seen from announcements, Castillo's case is still open and pending regarding this possible forgery of documentation. If the issue is still left unresolved, we could be in big trouble if the court proceedings don't lead to a favorable result IF he ever touches the pitch in an official NT cap. Be responsible and let things play out with absolute certainty before throwing the kid on the pitch. Can you imagine CONMEBOL or FIFA docking points from Ecuador at this moment as punishment? We're BARELY holding 3rd place in the eliminatorias.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luca Sosa and Joao Ortiz to Bsc.

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Jorge Celico at work.

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Adonis Preciado finished his plays better he could be playing in a better league. The dude has speed and athleticism that can't be taught.

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Diaz just scored an Olympic goal that I've never seen before in my life. Crazy.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gabriel Cortez was arrested for alleged links to a criminal group/gang in Ecuador...along with 17 or 18 other people. These gangs all probably have MX cartel links.

At a professional level, this is a distressing update, and I'm wondering if Barcelona has made a public statement or if they're planning to at some time.

We hear of these updates from US-based musicians and some other athletes, so I'm not surprised it happens in Ecuador, too. If he's actually guilty, this is the end of his career as I'm guessing he'll see some legit jail time. He might get looks to keep playing in Ecuador if the sentence is short, but I doubt the big clubs won't take that risk. He's a toxic asset.

All around disappointing and upsetting news.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He was playing well too. I think he leads Liga Pro in goals. Had he kept it up he could have gotten a look with the NT. Probably could have gotten another opportunity abroad. BSC is probably waiting for more information. It could be that his childhood friends are involved.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    F4A5CB12-CA94-499E-9B22-4AF883D89AC5.jpeg

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Cartels related crimes are growing in drastic numbers all across LATAM. Small cities that rarely had any major crime now have sicarios y tiroteos. Crazy to see Ecuador having this level of crime all across the country.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I haven't read up that much on the case but Gabriel Cortez's career might be over. Maybe a small club in Ecuador will give him a chance. I think he had a chance to make another move abroad. Given how he was playing he was probably on the NTs radar. Dude is a modern enganche. Fast, strong, good technique, versatile. He had the talent to play in Europe.

21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aimar's form is poor. It wasn't too long ago (2019) that he last played for the NT. The injury he suffered last year probably has something to do with it. Prior to Alfaro releasing his first convocatoria his name popped up.

How many more chances will Garces get? Playing with him is playing with one less. Dude's confidence is shot after missing that penalty in Copa Libertadores. Penilla also hasn't contributed much. Celico should give Yanez and Edwin Valencia more opportunities.

Given what's going on with Cortez, Fidel Martinez may return to BSC. I haven't heard anything but he's not getting much playing time in Mexico. I don't see him going to MLS or Brazil. I think he'll go back to Ecuador.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

This has to be regulated. Given the number of nationalized players they'll have and foreigners not many Ecuadorians will get a chance to play. They'll probably look to nationalize Mastriani and Piñatares too.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If they spend enough time in Ecuador, to me, it's not an issue. I'd take grievance with a new entrant coming in and immediately getting nationalized- then we have problems. Burrai has been living in Ecuador for 5 years.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've got no issues with Burrai getting nationalized. The fef should regulate the number of slots a team can designate to foreign and nationalized players.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    They will have 4 if they both get nationalized. Although Lucas Sosa is on Loan and Diaz is about to be 37 it is something teams and BSC specifically has exploited in the past. I dont think there a league that limits nationalized player and I dont think we will. Aucas has 3 atm too. Frascareli, Sergio Lopez, and Juan Manuel Tevez.

It a good thing we expanded our league otherwise this would be a bigger problem but I dont think other fans and FEF really care that much bout it TBH. I just really hope we can expand Seria B tbh. Torreros, Rocafuerte, Deportivo Quito, CS Norte America, Athletico Kin would be amazing to all have in Seria B at once.