Barca - Zaragoza [R] pre/post match comments

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Feb 24, 2006.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I know we all have Chelsea in our minds right now but its time to think again about La Liga. It 25th round and we are playing Zaragoza, away. We all know what kind of problems we ahve with Zaragoza. We hardly draw in first match and they beat us in Copa del Rey. So we will need to be extra careful this time and make no mistakes.

Rijkaard choose following players for this match:
    Valdés, Jorquera, Iniesta, Van Bommel, Gabri, Van Boronkhorst, Puyol, Maxi, Motta, Deco, Márquez, Larsson, Sylvinho, Belletti, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Edmílson and Messi.

NO Oleguer, Ezquerro and Giuly. First two are rested whiel Ludo is still injured.

I hope players are too tired after very difficoult match in London. It would be very importent to score an early goal. As I said we might have problems with tiredness towards end of the game.

I guess starting line up might look like this:

Valdes
    Belletti Puyol Marquez Sylvinho

Van Bommel Edmilson Deco

Messi Etoo Ronaldinho

Instread of Messi Iniesta or Larsson might start. It depends on his phisical condition after Chelsea match.

Game is on saturday, 22.00 CET.

2. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to say, Santi could use some rest. ;)

3. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It looks like the game wont be on GolTV :(

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VERY important match. A win is needed, a draw at worst.

5. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i would want Motta and MVB playing sometime because they both need much match fitness and if we are going to be successful in Europe, then these two will need to be at there best or atleast close to it

6. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    This is a crucial match we need to win given that both RM and Valencia are expected to easily win thier matches. Guily is out but we should have him back next week or midweek. Zaragoza is at full strength so we need to be on guard.

I believe we will get a good result from this match and prepare for the CL. Ole and Santi are rested, Belleti should be ready to go.

7. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't feel great about this match. This is one of the form teams of La Liga at the moment, and they give us problems. Our players have to be a little tired after running through the swamp on Wednesday.

I'm going for 1-1. Puts a little pressure on us down the streach, but most of our tough games are at home from here out.

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I am more positive about this match. It surely wont be an easy one but we proved against Chelsea that we can also play very smart. Zaragoza wont have an easy job. We might be tired but we are also full of confidence after London. In contrast to Copa we are going to play with our full squad. Puyol is back in defence, Etoo is in attack, Ronnie will try to revange for his red card... We have some in-from players. All that should give us an advantage. We will need to play smart and wait for Zaragoza mistakes. I dont believe that Zaragoza will play defensive football. They need a win as much as we do. They will try with high tempo to make us tired but this should be our chance. We all know what Etoo can do when he is given a space. Messi is in fine form too while we all know Ronaldinho.

I have a good felling about this one. Not an easy match but a 1-3 victory would be great. Zaragoza might have played well in Copa but their form isnt that good in La Liga. I dont believe that can beat us. I am sure we are going to win!

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we start Giuly, Iniesta and Van Bommel w/ Motta as DM. Belleti in for Oleguer and Sylvinho at Left-back.

10. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Were gonna win 3-0 :D

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean 0-3 :D

12. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody know of a stream for this one?

13. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    PPLive: CCTV Soccer

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also

cctv5(800)

cctv5

actually, those might be showing the olympics. the one posted by the madrista works tho

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    should have been a penalty against rafa

16. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Boring game.

17. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Man talk about a tense couple of weeks... Matchday 26 & 27 are going to be a dogfight for all the top 3 teams

Matchday 26
    Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid (winners of 6 straight)
    Barcelona vs Deportivo
    Valencia vs. Malaga (ok thats the exception)

Champions League
    Arsenal vs. Real Madrid
    Barcelona vs. Chelsea

Matchday 27
    Osasuna vs Barcelona
    Valenica vs Real Madrid

I have to give the edge to Valencia... to gain points in this time period... they have a guarnteed 3 points against Malaga and no distraction of Champions League Matches.

19. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. We look pretty void of ideas. I wish Giuly was availible to inject some life and fresh legs. Of course, he'd probably just frustrate me by missing chances.

Watching so far, I do think we can grind out a result. One moment of brilliance is all we need.

20. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    is anybody watching it on PPlive, if so, what channel, because CCTV5 is showing some dancing

21. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    X&X, click the link that Madridi provided.

FR's adjustment at half seems to be that Eto'o goes to the left with Ronaldinho playing centrally. I hate it when we go to this formation because Ronaldinho sits too deep and things get congested in the middle. Its basically like playing without a striker at all.

22. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's on cctv-soccer.

23. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    is that what the channel is called because i cant find it, what are they showing right know, i am asuming the second half started already?

Edit:nevermind i found it thanks

24. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Larsson on for Messi...I think he can help us out in this game. We need someone to play like a striker.

25. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Penalty against zaragoza