Barca - Valencia [R] pre/post match comments

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I think its time to forget disaster in Nou Camp against Atletico Madrid. We are playing against in-form Villa in Valencia this coming weekend.

With Etoo and Edmilson back and some rest for other players I hope we are going to produce better performance as we did in our last matches. Bad news is that Messi (injury) and Ronaldinho (suspencion) wont play. But also Valencia wont have all players. Vincente is injured and Marchena suspendend.

This wont be an easy match but for the lasst several seasons we always played well in Mestalia (last year we won thanks to two wonderful goals from Ronnie and Etoo). Valencia is our direct rival for La Liga title and we may not lose this match. I think this is going to be one of the most importent matches in season after first defeat in La Liga in 15 matches. And we are second part of the season now when championship is decided. The conclusion is: WE MUST WIN!!!!

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
  3. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arent Barca still appealing the suspension of Ronnie?

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised nor very concerned with a loss. If they can pull it out, great, but I think the real Barca will return after this game.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Eto'o scores. It's taken us too long to produce goals w/out Eto'o. Larsson just isn't fast enough anymore. We should've gotten 3 vs Zaragoza and another vs. Atletico, Larsson is a great sub but we need Eto'o to keep the defenders back anticipating his pace.

6. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Valencia will also likely miss Mista and Baraja so this is good news for us, Kluivert even if he hasn`t been starting might also be out of this one. Vicenter and Marchena are definetly out.

We have to watch out for David Villa and Aimar...

7. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Kluivert is confirmed out....he went under the knife today for his persistent knee injury.

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    i will say that im satisfied with a tie cuz we have a depleted lineup

9. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    This will be interesting match and tactical too. I am still waiting for newa about Ronnie playing but I guess LFP wont allow him.

I think if stop Villa we have done half of the job. Valencia will miss several key players and we should use it. We are going to have complete midfield and that is very importent. Etoo is back :D, Giuly will play on the right and Iniesta on the left if Ronniw wont make it. I think ww should win it, Mestalia has been good ground for Barca in last seasons.

10. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    This also means good bye to his world cup hopes unless he recovers in time and makes a frantic push for a place, Van Basten has not selected him for a while, same as Seedorf.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
  12. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Per FC Barcelona.com

No biggie.

13. Eto'o_4life

Eto'o_4life New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    I would be happy with a tie which would still maintain our 9 point advantage because I don't see Real M winning away at Atletico this weekend, considering their confidence is at an all time low. Losing 6-1 with a fairly strong squad is always a morale blow.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be happy with a draw. But I don't want to to be up 2 and let Valencia come back.

15. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    If Deco is out it becomes harder but we can still get it done given that Valencia has so many key players out. This leaves us with only Iniesta as a playmaker with a stretched bench. We might actually start with two forwards, Larsson and Eto`o with Gio as a left winger.

16. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Van Bommel take a knock as well?

17. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

as far as i know its athletic bilbao

18. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    We are in big problems now, after Ronnie and Messi out of the game Deco also wont play due to an injury :(
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060211/NOTICIA212252418.html

No Xavi, Deco, Ronnie... who will create our game. Van Bommel form is poor. It looks like Iniesta will have to work very hard. I guess Larsson and Etoo will play bouth after all. It should look something like this:

.............Valdes

Belletti ...Puyol...Marquez...Gio
    ...............Edmilson............
    .......V. Bommel......Iniesta
    .....Giuly................Etoo
    ..............Larsson.........

It could also be Ezquerro instead of Ronnie and Etoo as center forward. But I guess Rijkaard will put out formation with Larsson as center forward and Giuly and Etoo as wingers to brake Valencia defence. We are going to be scary again with our counter attacks. I only hope that we dont recieve goal soon.

I guess Real Madrid wont win the match in Bilbao. Looking from that point of view a draw would be aslo good resoult for us. Still Ia have full confidence in Barca to win the match. After all Vaelncia also wont have all players. Vincente and Marchena are out, I dont know how is Ayala... I think we still have good chance to win but with absence of Deco the might be a big hole in our midfield. Van Bommel should have his best performance of the season!!!

19. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

To be honest I think the team you are playing is the team you should be worried about. Real Madrid are not going to win the league although if they do manage to win tongiht then I suppose it makes the league open again. If Barca progress in the Champions then they will be playing 2 games a week several times meaning Valencia always have the full week break to win their games in the league. I would be seriously more concerned about Valenia than Real Madrid if I were you.

20. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    This line up is not menacing but capable of taking all points, we only have to be concerned about the bench, i guess they will bring in Christian, Gomez and Verdu from Barca-B.

I suspect Frank might also start with Gio as a left winger with Sylivinho as the left back.
    True Van Bommel hasn`t been in top form may be this will be th time he returns to his best.

21. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    The full list of players for Valencia:

Valdés
    Jorquera
    Iniesta
    Van Bommel
    Ezquerro
    Gio
    Puyol
    Oleguer
    Giuly
    Larsson
    Gabri
    Sylvinho
    Belletti
    Maxi
    Eto'o
    Márquez
    Edmilson

17 players only, I dont get it why Rijkaard doesnt call some B team players ?!

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    cuz sometimes hes an ass

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh don't remind me...

24. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    How many potential subs are allowed? I just recall that England allows just something like 5, while UEFA/FIFA seem to allow 12.

25. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    In Spain, Cup comps take 5, and League and UEFA comps have 7. In England, both cups and league only allow 5 (I think), but they still use 7 in UEFA comps. WC and Euro NT qualifiers also take 7.

Continental and World NT competitions DO allow the whole squad (12 or 11, it depends) to sit on the bench, but to be fair, it'd suck to be called to a World Cup and never even make the bench.