Barca - Malaga pre/post analysis

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Mar 24, 2006.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Barca is playing in Malaga this saturday. With 12 points advantge and three vital games ahead of us Rijkaard didnt include Ronaldinho in team to face Malage in order to give him some rest. There is actualy a long list of players that arent in the team: Puyol (5 yellow cards), Marquez, Edmilson, Messi, Xavi (all injured) and Ronaldinho (rested).

The team for Malaga clash:
    Valdés, Jorquera, Iniesta, Van Bommel, Ezquerro, Van Bronckhorst, Larsson, Oleguer, Deco, Rodri, Maxi, Sylvinho, Gabri, Eto'o, Motta, Belletti y Giuly.

With so many players out the starting line-up should look something like this:

...................Valdes
    Belletti...Oleguer...Rodri...Sylvihno
    ..................Motta...................
    ......Van Bommel....Deco.........
    ...Giuly.......Larsson.....Eto`o

I would say still a strong team. It will be very importetn to score first and soon enough. Malaga might be last in the table but still they are quality side that should be respected.
    It will be interesting to see who is going to be team captain for this match while Puyol, Ronnie and Xavi are all out. I bet on Deco!

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hopefully this wont be hard...Malaga is literally the foot of the table.

3. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    We need these crucial three points today, we are injury depleted but the good news is that Malaga is struggling and missing some key players. Starting players Juan Rodriguez and Alexis are out.

We will have to work collectively and hard to get an away win, never easy playing away. Young Rodri might get to play which is good for his development. I hope no more injuries. Ronnie is rested so santi, maxi and the rest have to work harder.

focus is also on the RM-Depor match, should be a great match and Osasuna up against Bilbao away. Another worth watching match is Valencia away to Sevilla.
    i hope all our rivals lose so that we can pull away.

4. Eto'o_4life

Eto'o_4life New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    My bet is on Valdes or Eto'o for the captaincy, as they are very vocal on the pitch.

5. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    With all the players we have out i cant believe Iniesta is not playing.

6. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a reason that entire lateral side of the stadium is empty?

7. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    goooooooooool etoo!

8. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    the assistant nullifies the goal:rolleyes:

9. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    it might be because they are saving him for the champ league match, he will get to come on later on and may be Deco and santi. We need a goal sooner.

10. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From what Im reading Arnau the Malaga keeper is having a great game to keep us off the sheet, and there was a handball on the disallowed goal

11. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iniesta is coming on, and yes, it was a handball.

12. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    yep the chances are coming and i feel that soon we will get a break through, we need to keep concetrated and not to allow them to counter attack us when we push forward.

13. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yea handball from the malaga player:eek:

14. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    the fukin assistant had allowed the goal and then changed his mind beatch.

15. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Etoo hit the post.Game over 0-0

16. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005
    Hes a madrid fan:rolleyes:

17. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    yeah i can see some los comedicos onhere, too bad they are going to finish another season with out a trophy:D gotta love perez. We pick up a point and focus on Benfica. plus wait for surprises tomorrow. Rm against Depor and Valencia faces Sevilla. Osasuna also will find it hard to win away to Bilboa so all is okay for as long as we don`t pick up more injuries.

Eto`o was unlucky not to score but he will be ready when we face RM at the camp.

18. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OT. first is first. sorry for taking cesc from you guys:eek:

OT. thank god we kicked them out of the champions league otherwise it would of been an embarassment to see juve knock the stuffing out of madrid once again.

also another thing, cant believe tommy smyth actually had a decent commentary:eek:. he nearly blew it when he was comparing gabri and larson tho.

19. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Other good news is Osasuna lost to Bilbao

20. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Tommy Smyth used to be good once but sense then he has been diagnosied with ESPNitis, you get it when you commentate with the American ESPN commentators:D

21. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess that the officials are just helping us out again, right? We wouldn't be first in the league without officials taking away our goals for handballs purpotrated by the other team.

Or something like that...

The assistant should never ref another game.

22. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    same ref that cost us the kings cup by ejecting ronaldinho unfairly. they should never allow this guy ref barcas games! it seems like whenever he is working on barcas games something freaky always happens intentionally or unintentionally. i think we are jinxed with this ref.

23. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Without creative players such as Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi, Barca seemed to lack inspiration.

Still, luck, or the lack of it, was messing with Barca. Eto'o had a goal disallowed, and hit the crossbar just before full-time.

24. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    with dumb mistakes like what happened to us yesterday, i think they should introduce instant replay in soccer! it will eliminate all these costly mistakes by these linesmen and refs! these guys are human. they make mistakes and their mistakes need to be corrected in the moment to insure that the better team wins all the time!