Barca-Deportivo[R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    krazbo is 17 and DFR is 21 who's the young gun here? :D I'll be 28 in about 22 days!

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously its krazbo, eventhough sometimes I am guilty of childish antics.

Geez, Mario is old.

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Sorry you are wrong, I am 19. Mario remember us for your birthday in 21 days. We will sing some song or something like that, arent we guys!!!! :D

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez, not only is Mario old, he's senile. He forgets people's ages. krazbo said he was 19 in the thread he created then puts 17...WTH! 21 days..hmm..that puts it on.lemme use my math skills. November 9th. And my birthday is then 29 days.

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    november 7th

6. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preview from Espn Soccernet

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruña: Preview

PA

BARCELONA, October 17 (Primera Liga) - Javier Saviola believes Barcelona`s eight-goal demolition of Puchov in midweek will prove to be the ideal preparation for the team`s toughest league match of their season so far.

Barcelona entertain high-flying Deportivo La Coruna on Saturday in the pick of the weekend`s Primera Liga action.

And although Barca have yet to win at home in the league under new coach Frank Rijkaard, their UEFA Cup 8-0 win against Slovakian outfit Puchov was a demonstration of just how destructive the Catalans can be.

While it was a shame that only 29,000 fans attended the first-round European match, there will be plenty more inside the Nou Camp for the arrival of Depor.

Confidence in the Barca squad has soared since the Puchov match and they are running high on adrenaline.

Saviola, who scored twice against Puchov, said on www.fcbarcelona.es: ``As we go on winning, so our morale will improve and this win will certainly help us ahead of Saturday's game.

``We know Deportivo will be dangerous, but we just have to continue where we left off. We can't afford to relax.''

Depor, meanwhile, will be looking to recapture top spot in the division, which they surrendered after a surprise defeat at the hands of Osasuna, and they will again look for Walter `the rifle` Pandiani to provide the fire power.

Barca suffered their first defeat of the season in the last league game at home to Valencia.

So there will be changes to the league team, and Gabri Garcia returns to the defence for his first league game of the season after recovering from injury. He gave an assured display against Puchov even though he was rarely under pressure.

Luis Garcia is also likely to be given his first league start of the campaign on the wing, at the expense of Marc Overmars.

Phillip Cocu, who played in the centre of defence alongside Carles Puyol against Puchov, may be replaced by Michael Reiziger.

Rijkaard is set to keep faith with the trident of Gerard, Thiago Motta and Luis Enrique in midfield as they combined well during the European tie.

Gerard acknowledges that Depor will be tough opponents.

``Depor won here last year and dominated the game and we tried to stop them from the first minute,'' he said.

``It`s a different match to the game against Matador Puchov, it is difficult to play against Depor.

``They play from memory as they have a very strict formation which they use every week, but we will have to win because we have failed to do so this season at home in the league.

``The eight goals against Matador have been good for us by giving us confidence and there is a very good atmosphere at the moment in the dressing room.''

Barca`s main objective will be to record their first home win of the season but they face a tough task against one of the league`s better sides.

Depor will hope to put pressure on Valencia by winning on Saturday, with Rafael Benitez`s side not playing until Sunday.

Coach Javier Irureta is likely to name an unchanged side with the exception of Joan Capdevila replacing Enrique Romero, who misses the game for personal reasons with his child undergoing an operation.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit..my math skills have failed me, accursed American education system!

8. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gol de Luque (0-1) con la derecha. Ha recibido el balón de Capdevilla.

9. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gol de Sergio (0-2) con la derecha. Ha recibido el balón de Valerón.

10. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Another Depor goal, Sergio this time.

11. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    You're two steps ahead of me, are you watching the match?

12. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
  14. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    WOW, with this win Depor are leading La liga!
    Not bad.

15. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And with this loss Barca is in danger of falling to 12th spot!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They ARE killing this team!!! And by they I mean the people in charge!

16. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Until Valencia plays tomorrow.

17. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    what is going on at Depor? Have they lost a single match? I expected them to have a pretty good side but with the loss of Makaay I figured they'd be slightly inferior to last year if anything. I guess their system is working.

18. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    YEah, they lost one match, Depor is just a great team!! I dont know how they do it! but they had for the last 5 years or so.

19. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do you survive when 3 out of 4 of you back line are midfielders? No surprise you can't keep Depor out--of course, they've scored as many as Real...

20. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    so we lost huh? :(

21. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Whats that now, a Depo fan club in Barca site, it is not over yet!!! :confused:

22. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I read some articles about that match and as far as I understand we were not lucky at all. We should have scored twice in first half but outstanding performance from Molina, Naybet and Andrande saved Depo. The second half same picture, Barca hit the post have some chances, but Depo gave second goal with a lot of luck.
    This is unbelievable, I dont know what was wrong, why we didnt score, can anybody answer me please.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I saw the match in Hong Kong. And yes, I wanted Barcelona to win so that Deportivo would lose ground in the table.

Barcelona played very well and were controlling the game. Deportivo played with counter-attacks. Their first goal came immediately after barcalona failed to score.

Ronaldino played a great game, showing very fancy moves.... perhaps his best game this season. However, he is not playing with Saviola as a team. I was also impressed with Luis Garcia. He was not the best player on the field, but I noticed that he got some talents.

24. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldinho is Barca's best player right now, but he hasn't linked w/ Saviola + LG22 at all. That + the futility at Corners is why Barca lost. Sergio's goal was all Deportivo dominance. Luque's goal probably could've been prevented had Puyol been out in Right back instead of Gabri.

25. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Luque's goal was well taken. The whole back 4 were ball-watching. It didn't matter who was marking who on that goal.

Barça, and Ronaldinho in particular, played very well in the first half, but pretty much fell apart in the second. Luis Garcia (the best Barça player for 90 minutes) hit the post in the 2nd half. That was pretty much the only time Molina was beaten.

Depor's second goal was a nice counter. Valeron held the ball up in the box and jst laid it off for Sergio who finished perfectly.

My questions for Frank Rijkaard:

Why was your only substitution of the game Santamaria for LE21? Yet you left Gerard on who did absolutely nothing for 90 minutes.

Why does your squad consistently suck on set pieces?

Frank, the sooner you can get back to me the better. Thanks.