Banners 2011

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by ojsgillt, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Banners. OK. Here we go. Time to start thinking new year, new season, and new wall space.
    [​IMG]

Look above the Members Club and to the left. That is all prime real estate and a lot of it. The bridge is huge we are going to need at least 20 3x5.

the bridge.[​IMG]

Anybody got an idea where to get alot of indigo fabric/bed sheets/tarp/non paper background material? Paint and design costs will be shared amongst the banners. I bet we could get it down to $20 per. 600 all together? Man hours will probably be hardest to come by. I know I can spare a c-note to get 5 new banners hanging up in our new diggs.

2. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    I have many sources for the fabric. I am going out there today maybe I can take some measurements.

I believe that the bridge is going to be our banner space. I remember someone saying something earlier about the other open spaces being used for ads.

Maybe its time for a longer cauldron banner.

3. BlueandWhite

BlueandWhite New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am ready to get started making banners and flags and all that...I think we should see about getting some people together and brain storm some ideas.

4. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can pick up twin-size sheets at Wal-Mart for $1.99 on sale...a buck or two more if not on sale. We have used twin & king sheets from Wal-Mart for lots of banners. They have them in white and in navy...not sure about a lighter blue, but it's possible...they have a decent selection of colors.

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    White sheet plus RIT dye to baby blue can work. Other ways to perma-dye work also and may bleed less after rain. Someone has to do that color vynyl or equivalent. Had a broken dryer recently...my local laundramat had a gagantuan washer and a dryer big enough to do a 40 foot cloth banner. Local hotels will have bigger if you can shmooze the right person.

6. dada3345

dada3345 Member

May 2, 2008
    in series of tubes!
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the opener at least: "there's no place like home" :D

7. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be a place for us to store the banners and flags at the stadium as once suggested?

9. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yes there will be. And once I get dimensions of that room I will build some carts to store our flags on so that we can put them out easily.

I have asked David Ficklin for the dimensions of the bridge area vs estimating from a picture I took the other day. He told me that there will be some sign-age on the fascia of the bridge but they will not know for a few weeks what that entails. I asked for distance from the top of the railing down to a point that it will not obstruct the walkway at the top of the section or the people in the top row. I will update when I get that answer.

Jeff bought rolls of water proof Nylon when lived together. thats what we made the tall player banners, large Kansas City Flags and several other projects out of. That might be the way to go as they have held up well over time and were easy to work with. I dont remember how much they cost but it was not bad. I can check with my vendors from the theatre as well.

10. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome...one idea i think would be good to show some solidarity of ALL in the Cauldron and ones that are doing the area just outside of it (can't think of the name of it but Robert is going to be sittung there...), would be to have a banner that included all groups. Also we will make some down here to bring as well to help out!!

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cauldron Emeritus.

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few ideas I drew up the other night. I like the There's no place like home idea as well

13. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the funny blues - was trying the RGB values, the pantone swatches, and CMYK - lots of variance in how they come out.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I approve this one. He ever respond to the message you sent him?

15. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    No, not that I noticed. I'm hoping he'll be there. Maybe when we are in Chicago we can have the bus go by his house, and we'll kidnap him National Lampoon's style.

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    [​IMG]
    Can't decide if the G looks weird on his neck or not

17. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does a bit..

Maybe shift him a bit to the right, match the size of "Roger" to "Espinoza" (keep the effect of pushing it behind him..) and move the US flag under the Honduras flag.

18. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one is money. I love it.

19. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
  20. dada3345

dada3345 Member

May 2, 2008
    in series of tubes!
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Make It So!

I also like the True Grit and Smitty one.

1 person likes this.
  21. slashersfc

slashersfc Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I have no photoshop-fu at all I am not going to try to do a mockup, but I have an idea for a banner for when Jimmy comes back:

Take the Jimmy Conrad has a Posse image:

[​IMG]

Replace the USA jersey with an image of him in a Wizards jersey such as this:
    [​IMG]

Change the text to something along the lines of: "Jimmy Conrad Always has a Posse in Kansas City"

I know some people are not crazy about the idea of doing banners for players that are no longer on the team, but since we never got to do a proper send off, I think something should be done...

22. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was about to mock up a Sporty Spice 'Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough' banner but wasn't sure if anybody would get it ...

23. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be a good idea for the match at home with Chivas. I expect we will do something for Jimmy along the lines of what has been done for Diego, Chris & Nick.

24. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 5:50 PM
    To: Glidden Paint, Paints
    Subject: Glidden.com Contact Us Page Submission

The following message is from the Glidden.com Contact Us page.

First Name: Jeff
    Email:
    I'm a MLS fan in Kansas City. I bought lots of your team color paints the last few years to use for banners etc. Our team here changed its name and colors this past season as we move into our new stadium.

Will you have Sporting Kansas City's 2011 colors before the season? The pdf I see on the site still has the Wizards colors. We will be painting between 20-30 flags and banners before our first home game in June.

Thanks for any info you can give me, and thank you for supporting the league. I will always buy your paint, though it was disappointing to see you drop the sponsorship for Columbus.

Jeff

Thank you for contacting Glidden. We appreciate the time you took to reach us.

We traditionally update the Team Colors brochure yearly. It was updated in August and at that time, MLS did NOT have Kansas City's colors and logos ready. Since we are not updating the brochure again until later in the year, the brochure will not reflect these changes for some time.

What we can do for the Kansas City Market is give the new formulas to the local Glidden Representatives and they can share it with the Home Depot Stores so when you and your fellow fans come in, you will be able to get the official colors. I will have this out by February 1. That will give ample time before the June game.

If you need further assistance, please contact us via our customer dedicated number at 1-800-454-3336. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Katie Boss
    Glidden Paint
    Akzo Nobel Paint LLC

25. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Aside from helping paint when it comes time, this is what we need - it doesn't matter if you don't have photoshop skills. Put out your ideas when you get them people. I'm still sitting on the never surrender design that Adam made last year but couldn't get done. I think we could do that one if we have enough volunteers.

What do you want our stadium to look like on gameday?

Kev mentioned the other day having a section where we hang banners for legends of the club over the years. When someone new enters that class, we add their banner to that. Who would make this list for you?

Anybody have any ideas on what we can do for an opening game tifo?