Banner/Papers, etc for MLS Cup

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by K, Nov 7, 2004.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    LA guys are on top of their game, hey maybe they can put us in same section, we get bottom, KC gets top :p

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's Monday so some of this sh1t needs to be sorted today :)

http://www.bulkpartysupplies.com/

Here's table rolls:

http://www.bulkpartysupplies.com/cg...For=Table+Roll&template=htx/searchresults.htx

cheaper ones are on second page. 100feet x 40inches I think 1 red, 1 black, 1 white is fine - that will make 6 50 foot ones.

They also have streamers - red/white/black 12 for $5
    http://www.bulkpartysupplies.com/cg...splayNumber=20&template=htx/searchresults.htx

If conffetti are a go they have red/white/black ones

http://www.bulkpartysupplies.com/cg...earchFor=fetti&template=htx/searchresults.htx

Indiv. Pkgd: (1 Oz/Pkg) *** Pieces/Pkgs per Case: 12 - $10.04
    (cost/case)

I have no idea what amount that is, can't you people just use a fvckin metric system :D

------------------------------------

this stuff can be ordered and brought on plane or shipped to someone in LA that will be in our section. Doesn't seem *that* bulky to me then again I'm carrying 50 pounds of banners LOL

my suggestion is since this away games are about only time we have most people there when players come out is to do tablerolls in red/black/white x 2 (or 3) pattern when players come out, and possibly same thing before second half. Confetti/streamers after goal(s) - whatever we do it looks million times better to do things at once than someone throwing stuff on random :p Game's on ABC so if they pick up few shots - good publicity for groups and DCU.

Anyone want to take lead on this?

3. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they should put up some fences behind the goals in LA...they'll probably need em when Los Borrachos De Chivas get in there...that would give plenty of space for banner hanging and would be good exercise when we put one in the net(reference to the people who tend to scale the fence after goals)...honestly tho, bring all the banners you can and hang em wherever possible, it shouldn't matter if it's in front of the section or not. as long as they're there and visible, what else matters?

4. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Thanks for doing the research Srdan. I'd be happy to sponsor this and if people want to chip in by buying me lots of good beer in LA, well great! I would prefer that we have a delivery address near the Stadium or someone in LA that is willing to receive this stuff and cart it to the game.

Suzanne, would your offer to help out in LA include receiving a shipment from this store and bringing it to the hotel the day before (or to the game early on the day)?

Cheers,
    Tim

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Streamers in Walmart/Michaels were 50 cents a piece today, they had red/white/black.

K let us know if we're clear on those :)

6. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    A couple of things:

1) We had a lot of problems with Banners last year. They refused to let us hang up the Screaming Eagles Banner because it was not pre-approved. (Of course this did not stop me from tearing down the fire banner and hanging the SE banner during the game).

2) You will need pre-approval for any and all drums, flag poles etc. Chicago got them in last year but it was not easy. This needs to be pre-arranged. The drums are a must.

3) With the very limited banner space and the SE, Barra and LN banners a must we have to be slective on what gets hanged.

4) How about a six pronged attack
    a) Streamers - Ton of Red and Black
    b) Confetti - We can prolly get some of it in
    c) Ballons - Great visual effect after the National Anthem Etc.
    d) Table Rolls
    e) Mosiac display., Should be a small enough group to do it right.
    f) Is the large DC United Flag (the barra flag) maing it out there?

7. lovesuz84

lovesuz84 New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    LA
    Sure, i can do that and i can drop them off at the hotel on saturday or the game early sunday, it's up to u guys, i'd be fine with either one of those.

email me at ajloversuz@yahoo.com if u need anything from me, my address i figure,lol.

suzanne

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paul is speaking with our ticket agent re banners, instruments, streamers,etc. later this afternoon so as soon as we know I'll post here.

K

9. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Great! Suzanne, I really appreciate your help.

So ALL. I'm going to pull the trigger on the table cloth rolls, streamers (lots of those), and confetti (if permitted) once I hear back from K. If I don't get word from K by tomorrow (tuesday) morning, I'll pull the trigger on the rolls and streamers. We can play confetti by ear if needed.

As far as the big barra flag, I believe it is too wide for the section we'll have. I did some eye-balling of those pics, and I'd estimate the section at 30 feet wide. The barra flag is roughly 45 feet wide, as I recall. Plus, it smells and the airport dogs might mistakenly key in on it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Balloons and card effects can be someone else's game. I'm going to do these rolls, streamers, confetti (if permitted), and two big flag w/ poles (also if permitted). I'll be bringing three hand/buffalo drums out there, but we'll keep those on backup if Norte's BOMBO doesn't make it.

Cheers,
    Tim

10. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the ticket requests are pouring in we're still under 100 people in the section at the moment (unfortunately) so let's not do something that's bigger than the group.

K

11. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    It holds 200 you say?

We can always do the table cloth rolls side to side. Still worth doing even on a smaller scale.

Tim

12. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    How do we put in a ticket request? Martin and I need two, maybe three if we can convince my brother to join us. Thanks

13. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com

K

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    The order is in for the tablecloth rolls and the streamers. We're shipping them to Suzanne's in California (arrive Friday) and we'll do a drop off either Saturday or early on Sunday (to be worked out still).

Now, K and gocaps, please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to do like beg and plead for permission to bring in flag poles.

Cheers,
    Tim

15. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    while we're on topic I'd like to give a big fvck you to black cloth and yellow spray combination and 78458457 coats it needs to even start to hold. Thank you. :)