bankruptcy change

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8/25/2006 Bankruptcy change
    The Hattrick Football Association (HFA) has had enough of supporting players in bankrupted teams.
    - As of September 11 we will no longer pay salaries to players in teams that have gone bankrupt, HFA's spokesperson says.
    - This will of course mean that those players will leave their bankrupted teams and quit playing football since their teams cannot pay their salaries; but we don't see any reason for continuing to take the economical damage for teams going bankrupt.

National team players will however not quit if their teams go bankrupt. HFA will make sure they get transfer listed.

I personally like the idea.

2. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    mod please delete.

3. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Is this for teams in debt period? Or do you have to get to a certian level of debt to suffer this fate?

4. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Not Debt, Bankruptcy.

500000 indebt

5. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    That, believe me, is good news ...

6. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    So this means that teams will get walkovers unless they buy shit players real quick?

7. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm reading this right, there are two significant bits here:
    * Players are released immediately upon the team being locked for bankruptcy (I'd assume that this was previously held off until the midseason reset)
    * National team players will be automatically placed on the TL, reducing the amount of attention required of NT managers (as previously this would have to be done manually).

(unless they mean, instead, that NT players will be held on the squad instead of immediate release, pending the manager request for the player to be released, but I think the first option makes more sense if they're having to do special coding anyway)