Ban on playing abroad

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by PLSTN LMF, May 4, 2006.

1. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    why were saudi players banned from playing in europe after the 94 world cup??

2. Spinoza99

Spinoza99 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    London, UK
    i dont know,,,,,,, but i think that we want to make our league better by having our own players there

but so many could have gone to europe after 94 such shame. especially my main man our maradona owairan who can put everyone in pocket like park, karimi, kewell i think he greatest skilled asian player

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    No ban was introduced in 94, it was never allowed! Pre-1990 players were amateur, then when the premier league was launched, the professional code had no provision for players transferring abroad, and the clubs were more than happy with that status. The regulations were changed in 98 to allow players to play abroad.

4. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt Sami play in the Championship with Wolverhampton or somthing???

5. saqr

saqr New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Edinburgh-Scotland
    That's weird because Fahd AlGhishian went to play in Az Alkamar after 94. And Fouad Anwar went and played with a Chinese club.

6. Pescado

Pescado New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    Well, that's the problem.
    Saudi players are paid very well in the Saudi League,
    There's not a huge incentive to go play abroad for our players, I mean, would Yasser al Qahtani go play in Austria or Turkey for half what he's being paid in Al-Hilal, don't think so?
    Sad but true...

7. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Saqr,

You're right. I got the dates wrong. I think it was around 96 when Saudi players could play abroad.

Pescado,
    I don't think money is the main issue. While they are paid well in Saudi (up to 20,000 SR a month + package + sign-on fee), teams in big European leagues do pay more.

Problems for me are 1) players want to go well known clubs 2) Saudi clubs want big transfer fees.

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A very good example is Nawaf Temyat right now. If he just moves to another club, lets say Ittihad. Hilali fans will go crazy, thats what happened when Ahmed AlDokhi moved to Ittihad, whenever he played in Riyadh on the right side, the fans boo at him. Ahmed Suwaleh got a chance to play in Austria, a try-out, just when he was about to go, the club announced that the plane was delayed. Then the next day, while the fans waited to hear that he arrived in Austria, Hilal announced that Candino the coach wanted him, so there goes his chance, he will never go play out when his club is too greedy. All clubs in Saudi Arabia are like that, the Saudi FA is just a whimp, when they announced that April 21 was the last day the Saudi NT players to play with clubs, no one said a thing, but when the Alain game came , the Hilal media went and demanded the 9 players, they called the Saudi FA unfair, Hilali fans went and made fun of the training camp, saying that the NT was trying to win the WC with all this training camps. Its just simple, you don't have clubs willing to let there stars go anywhere out of there own club, so what about Europe.

9. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its not that the FA are wimps, its that they have a "special" relationship with Hilal, you know, metaphorically it could be said to be similar to a "family" relationship. If your brother requested something, a favour, would you ever deny him? ;)

The Hilal media should remember that and stop being spoiled, because they ruined us. Funny how Shabab are the champions of the league and not a single shabab player is in the squad...Funny how Shabab had the best defence this season and not a single Shabab player in this shaky excuse for a defense, especially Reda Tukar, who should be grateful he has good physique, but is useless. Anyways, we can hope for miracles.

ps Im not a Shabab fan, Im a KSA fan. But not this team, and not this FA, because this isnt the KSA national team.

10. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

OK Laith.... if you would have had been a Saudi National Team selector then who are the players that you would have selected and from which clubs?

Name your Saudi squad of 23 players:

Name & Club's Name
    1. .................... ......................
    2. .................... ......................
    3. .................... ......................
    23. ................... ......................

11. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    thats a problem in saudi arabia.on the show tareeq ila al mondial on ART,they had a report in which they went around surveying saudi fans,one hilal fan said that he would always see al dokhi as an ittihadi,"even when he's wearing the national colours".the media doesnt help either,as it is mostly club biased,it would attack players and turn people against them.why?true some of you are hilali and some ittihadi but in the end youre all saudi.in my view the national team isnt getting the support it deserves because of these club rivalries.this lack of support affects the players negatively.sure its nice for your club to win a domestic title but in the end your world reputation is more important.so what saudi fans should do is put away the club colours,the season is over,and stand fully behind the national team.now time to watch the togo game

12. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

I will write down which player should have been included, and which player not
    Include:

Issa Al Maheyani = Wehda (Top goal scorer this season!)
    Monaf AbuShqer = Ittihad
    Ahmad Autef = Shabab
    Mohammad Khojah = Shabab (he is a good goalie)
    Talal Al Meshal = Nasr (He has regained his old form)

Exclude:

Mohammad Anbar = Hilal
    Mohammad Daeyea = Hilal
    Omar Al Ghamdi = Hilal
    Nawaf Al Timyat = Hilal
    Saud Kariri = Ittihad

13. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Laith, I am a Shababi fan and I would never choose Khojah over Deayea, impossible. How can you remove Ghamdi and Kariri, you need at least 3 defensive midfielders, other than those two and Aziz they are the best in KSA. The only one I agree that should play from Shabab is Naser AlShamrani for Anbar, but there was no time to choose the other good Shababi players.

14. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If they did have special relationships with the Saudi FA, then they would have let the 9 players play from the beginning, not letting 5 of them play 2 days before the AlAin game.