balls of gold, balls of lead

Discussion in 'France' started by guignol, Dec 14, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm going to wait until all the CdF presentations are done to decide; so far they've done amalfitano and m'bia (the explanations correspond very well with my existing opinions of both players), and cris and lugano, two players i was surprised to see on the list. the explanation for cris i find convincing, and that for lugano amounts to why he should NOT be BdP, so again i agree.

2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I thought putting Cris on there was strange too, I have to read his entry

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    someone i know who is close to the club (though not necessarily to the pro team) has been telling me pretty much this for a long time. even before puel in fact. since i've always been a big cris fan i took it with a grain of salt, but now it looks like it was the straight poop.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the candidacies of diarra and ciani are now up. basically after the first pair (m'bia and amalfitano), no real hopeful has been presented yet. but these are the wittiest so far, and describing ciani's speed as lenteur luganesque is a kind of plug for the least deserving candidate of all. because if you can say that lugano is the most highly touted chèvre to play in L1 since kezman (i would have said kader keita, except that at lille he was very good), none of that is his fault. afaik, il n'a rien demandé à personne.

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    wow i guess i was right

AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+