balls for artificial grass (AG)

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by oifla, Aug 4, 2014.

1. oifla

oifla New Member

May 2, 2013
    indiana, USA
    hello all,

for the last two years or so we've been using a Nike AG elite balls but they are no longer making those so looking for recommendations for good balls on artificial grass. the advantage of these balls over others (including many $150 match balls) is that the bounce is truer on the AG (slightly heavier than match balls) and they stand up the abuse of the indoor facility (balls hitting back walls, metal roof beams, etc). we're looking for full size balls (5) for use on indoor AG surface. anybody have a recommendation? thanks

2. oifla

oifla New Member

May 2, 2013
    indiana, USA
    out of necessity (and not wanting to spend too much) i ended up taking a chance on a couple of Nike balls listed as 'Nike 5 Indoor' ($30 ea + shipping). they are fairly similar to the Nike AG balls i mentioned above but not quite the same. The AG ball had a slightly softer outer which was good for touch but bad for the place where I play because they would get damaged over time. A couple of weeks into play with the Nike 5 Indoor balls and they seem to be holding up better. like the AGs these are less bouncy than the premium match balls (and also seem to be slightly heavier), which is good for playing on AG.

still interested in alternatives for AG surfaces