Ballon D'or 2013 thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ---Z---, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blancone

Blancone Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I dunno now. If I cared enough about the Ballon d'Or I would be excited by this but can't say I am. I will say though there is some irony in having the Award Ceremony in Munich. A little bit interesting.

2. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    No people are saying Ribery shouldn't win it because everyone at Bayern deserves it. And don't tell me otherwise because you know I can find at least 50 posts saying that. Great logic that BTW. Everybody deserves it so no one should win it.
    I am sure you too were among the ones simply disgusted by FIFAlona for giving the trophy to Messi. You want the same injustice now?
    Unless FIFA was right then? Or do we now set the bar to treble AND world cup

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is a lot of irony in Cronaldo accepting FIFA's invite to the ceremony. It only took change of rules after the race to do that.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Update, why? Didn't voting already close?

5. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm going to give you the same courtesy I would give you a five year old and do my best to explain this to you.

You posted statistics of a year still in progress, you then post last season's statistics after the year was entirely finished, not when the voting took place. You make the remark the two years' are not comparable, I tell you that Ronaldo is missing a goal on your sheet. You say you don't care because the voting already took place. How can you post a finished year and compare it to one in progrees? Ronaldo could still score 6 goals this month giving him 74 to Messi's 45 which would 1 up Messi's difference of 28 from 2012.....

Now can you see the reasoning? Of course not. This is why everyone calls you on your intentional deciet and manipulation.

6. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Please find 50 posts of people saying that "everyone at Bayern deserves it". Because, if you actually read correctly (which I'm not sure you can) the general thought is that nobody deserves to be singled out at Bayern for winning the treble because their true strength is how they function as a team. A serious and significant distinction that you are clearly unable to understand.

Damn, it's not even fun going back and forth with you. I feel like I'm arguing with my 5 year old nephew.

7. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    He posted Messi and Ronaldo's stats from the entire year in 2012, not when voting took place, Ronaldo could score 6 more goals this year. Giving him a difference of 29 more goals than Messi compared to 28 for Messi to Ronaldo in 2012. Messi did not have 91 when voting took place, more illogical nonsense from the logical one.

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Because that's all what we have. How sad it is that you are trying to find such tiny abnormalities in post to actually have something to do in this thread? I would say very. I posted those because I had them ready, now I updated them, and guess what? It only made Cronaldo's effectiveness worse.

[​IMG]

9. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    It is not a tiny abnormality to compare finished results against unfinished ones, that is a major systemic error. Which is to be expected from you.

I think it was Schwuppe who said it best. According to Bada Bing the way for a player to be most effective would be to score a hat-trick in the season opener and then sit the rest of the year out. I can't put it much simpler or more directlty than that. So that pretty much sums up your effectiveness barometer.

10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not an error, because I had the date saying when it was made. It was perfectly legitimate statistical comparison. I'll put that post also in the 1st category.

As opposed of what? Scoring more than other? If goals were the meter, Zidane would have never gotten the Ballon d'Or.

11. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Hey Bada Bing, how do you penalize Messi for all of his unsuccessful though balls? I know you like to criticize Ronaldo's extra shot attempts but laud Messi's many through-ball attempts. If the objective is to create a goal it would seem he's not very good at doing it, While Ronaldo who attempts many less through balls has roughly the same assists as Messi. So I guess that would mean through ball to assist ratio, advantage Ronaldo?

Not just through balls either, Messi passes hundreds more times a year than Ronaldo right? So pass to assist Ratio Ronaldo is totally dominant.

12. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Because Barca has worse finishers. And Ronaldo doesn't build the attack like Messi. He just waits his team to create everything for him on platter. I'll will put that lack of logic also in the category 1.

13. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Just stop. Nobody is this naive.

14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicely argued. Almost mature.

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're wasting your time arguing with this incorrect fanboy.

He is the champion in changing the point, pointing out hypothetically incorrect situations and other bullcrap.

16. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    How about the lack of logic in saying Ronaldo waits in his team to service him when he has roughly the same assists as Messi?

Pass to Assist Ratio Ronaldo much more effective. Dominating the little genuis with significantly less attempts. Brilliant creator.

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ronaldo has a lot more shots, his goals about 75% are directly assisted, when Messi's it's only about 50%. This comes from the logic that Messi is also a playmaker where as Cronaldo is a striker. That's why Messi has also more passes and more than double the dribbles.

18. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    #2018 waitforit, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    That is new.
    You should ask Bayern fans if they too believe that. They think Ribery does.

I would find those 50 posts but I simply know that if I do my work would be in vain as you would simply ignore it just like you ignored the second part of my post

19. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    So Ronaldo plays as a striker and Messi as a playmaker and the little guy still barley has more assists than Ronaldo. Even better, this all the more solidifies my finding that Ronaldo is defenitely the more effective passer. Not only does he have significantly less attpemts, it's not even his role and still there's little discrepancy in assists between them.

Is Ronaldo the greatest Pass to Assist Ratio player ever? I think he might just be.

20. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Playmaking isn't only about assisting, and assists already depends on the ability to scorer to score, which in Barca has been notoriously bad. Playmaking is advancing play, Messi does it by interacting with passing, and dribbling past players.

I think Ronaldo might have the greatest dive to penalty ratio.

Pekerman and waitforit repped this.
  21. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

22. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    You can't argue with logic, half of the attempts as Messi with negligible difference in assists. Maybe if Messi ever left West Brom and went to say Barcelona, he could find some finishers worthy of his passing. Until then Ronaldo must be deemed the Greatest Pass to Assist Ratio player in the game.

Were you expecting to have it both ways? More wasted shots BAD, More wasted passes GOOD!

23. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I know, I never expect anything reasonable out of him, it is rather enoyable though seeing how many dimensions he can take an argument to on his eternal quest of being right.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More like Tom vs Jerry.