Ballon D'or 2013 thread

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ---Z---, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    I just said in here today that Messi is at any given time either the 1st or 2nd best player in the world, I'm no hater, I've come to appreciate his game. I still prefer Ronaldo but people are free to praise away over Messi. I interpreted your post wrong i guess as I thought you were saying even though Ronaldo has the goals this year Messi has been more "effective," impactful" "holy" and all the other adjectives Bada Bing dreams up. Based on you saying Gpg basically doesn't mean sh1t.

Ronaldo 68........... Messi 45 Ribery (20? 22?)

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh joy, the wiki statistics return.

3. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Everytime you post this is what I see, and I would assume some others as well.

4. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Why include soemthing Ribery wasn't able to do
    It's not his fault that 2013 is not a wc year. Ronaldo is so good that a guy needs a wc final on top of a treble to deserve it right

5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reported for falsifying a quote.

6. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Sorry here's some Whoscored for you:

Messi was injured yet again; effectiveness 9.99

Ronaldo scores hat trick in 3-0 win: 7.2 (he really needs to attempt more throughballs)

7. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are now manipulating whoscored ratings and statistics.

8. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Reported for chronically reporting!!!111!

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    We here this argument every December where Ronaldo fans try to equate Ronaldo's current year to a previous Messi year. And just like Ronaldo 2012 != Messi 2011, Ronaldo 2013 != Messi 2012 (some 20-30 less goals and 1 less trophy). :cool:

10. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Uh, because each respective year is different ? Because the World Cup is important? Are you even serious with that response?

11. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So Sneijder deserved it because of the world cup? Until then Messi deserved it?
    Yes the requierments changes every year. A treble in 2010 does not equal a treble in 2013
    Got it

12. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    If Sneijder's collective achievements weren't justifiable enough to trump Messi's superior statistics in 2010, where would be the consistency if Ribery's were to trump Ronaldo's? It has to be one or the other.

I'm calling logic on this one ala my ole friend Bada Bing. :ROFLMAO:

Guigs repped this.
  13. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes correct it has to be one or the other. But you know that it is the same for you. Because until this year you claimed Sneijder deserved it 2010. Now you claim Ribery shouldn't even be in the discussion

You said it was a great injustice back then. You want another great injustice this year?

BocaFan repped this.
  14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Effectiveness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah Cronaldo 2013 almost as combarable than Messi 2012. :laugh:

Then trophies:

Messi La Liga, Supercopa, Golden Boot, Best Player of La Liga
    Cronaldo -

Messi Copa Del Rey, Golden Boot, Best Player of La Liga
    Cronado La Liga, Supercopa

15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Sneijder deserved it in 2010, never mind that it was Milito who was chosen the best player in Serie-A and Champions League. :laugh:

16. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Messi didn't play 2 extra NT play-off games.

Try again.

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What? Try again.

18. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now we're preferring footballer because of others - including the media - are saying? Isn't that what you disliked a few pages ago?

What a hypocrite.

Mysterious repped this.
  19. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are the trophies given.

20. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    You're correct, I felt Sneijder deserved it, but a precidence was set so if there is any validity to the award the only choice is Ronaldo. Even past what took place in 2010, 2012 was really the year when the whole "individual calendar year" definition was put forth. Coincidentally (yeah right) the year Messi scores 91 goals. When it was mentioned Ronaldo had only 13 less goals seasonally (in 5 less games) and won the league scoring the deciding goal at the Camp Nou and outplayed Messi virtually everytime they met it all meant nothing.

That's when we heard about titles didn't matter, it's all about individual superiority and not what you win so this was the criteria that was set forth just last year. To now revert back to a team accomplishment concept would be hilarious. Which is what the haters seem to be clamouring for.

21. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    Update your spreadsheet bada bing, Ronaldo is on 68 goals now, and would those happen to be the infamous "wider rules assists" you are using?....lulz The one where if you trip on a ball and it bounces to a teammate who scores you get an assist? That visionary measuring stick you love to use?

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Can you really not think properly? They are not the SAME thing. One was a treble in a World Cup year. The other was not. The reason people are saying RIbery should not be in the discussion is BECAUSE Messi won in 2010. People are saying Ribery shouldn't win it BECAUSE how in the world should he if Sneijder, after winning a treble AND taking his country to the finals, didn't win it? Are you seriously unable to understand that? Holy crap.

Mysterious repped this.
  23. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The original vote happened already in beginning of November, it's what in all fairness matters, rest is just hype and cheating. I'll try to check how they where then.

24. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    You also posted Messi and Ronaldo's 2012 to draw comparison's. Messi did not have 91 goals when voting took place.. This is very illogical mister.. reported for no logic!!111

25. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How is it illogical when I'm going to post both 2013 and 2012 with same logic?

That was again category 1 post.