News: Ballack miss wc 2010!!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by bltleo, May 17, 2010.

1. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the latest news about Ballack:

"Ballack was the victim of a heavy tackle by Portsmouth's Kevin-Prince Boateng at Wembley, and while X-rays showed that no bones were broken, the extent of the damage is such that the German Football Federation has confirmed the midfielder will miss the World Cup.

"National team captain Michael Ballack is out of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. This is the result of an MRI on Monday morning "

"After the diagnosis of national team doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt today, a complete healing of the injury is expected. Ballack's return to training is possible at the earliest in eight weeks."

The news will come as a considerable blow to Germany coach Joachim Low, who was critical of Boateng's tackle on Ballack.

"He had no chance of getting the ball and a foul like that can seriously injure a player," Low said. "

--------------

I was so sorry to hear that Ballack will miss world cup 2010....it would have been probably his last world cup ...he was so looking forward to this..

Discussion:
    what does it mean for our national team now? From my point view it is big loss.
    He won first time in his career final game with Chelsea and he was so hungry to win titel in the world cup. It is big loss for our national team. For me as a big Ballack fan it is also big loss.

2. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. balla_basti

balla_basti Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Dhaka
    well, that is that then, isnt it.

4. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F**k. I know Ballack isn't the player he once was, but to me, there is no one better from a tactical standpoint, reading the game and putting himself in a spot that minimizes vulnerabilities from the opponent's attack.

Boateng's challenge should have been straight red when he stomped Ballack just above the ankle. The way the ankle inverted I had a feeling it was worse than what Chelsea indicated post-match.

The pathetic, crappy Wembley pitch also played a part in this as Ballack's last step before Boateng stomped him was a partial slip due to the turf giving way leaving Ballack in a more vulnerable position.

5. SLC25

SLC25 Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Jordan
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're screwed no doubt.

Now we have the youngest midfield in the tournament, no experience except for Schweini and even he is playing in a new position.

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frings? Maturity, foresight...(well except in the DFB Final)

This just sucks donkey wang.

7. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    very helpful information. I m not trying to be cocky but geez, I think I m not the only one in mood

Now ******** off.

8. Reich

Reich Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am sure khedira or whoever is going to play for him will step up their game but as a leader all the experience he brought to the table he was irreplacable.

the man deserved better =/

9. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watch us win the World Cup now. :p

Terrible that he misses the tournament, especially considering it's probably his last one. Already an inexperienced team and one of the leaders missing. I don't think he will be as big a miss as some will think in here, but he's still the captain and that hurts any team.

10. balla_basti

balla_basti Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Dhaka
    this is terrible. i feel empty.

11. c3011

c3011 Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Ohio
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is going to be the captain? We are lucky there are two good options in Lahm and Basti, I think either is ready for the challenge.

12. FCBfan

FCBfan Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope it's Schweini. Lahm is too timid to be captain.

13. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger should be captain imo.

Like I said before Lahm captain and Schweini vice-cap for Bayern, and vice-versa for Germany.

14. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I was shocked and sad when I saw the headline this morning as the world cup needs the worlds best players and Ballack is one of them. It was a bad challenge and deserved a straight red. With that clown playing for one of Germany's group opponents could it have been pre-meditated..??

15. Snakeater

Snakeater Member

Sep 21, 2005
    KP Boateng is a piece of sh*t. You don't tackle so recklessly in a Carling Cup game whatever that was. He should know better.

Feel bad for Ballack because he misses out on the last major tournament of his career.

That being said, I don't think we'll be that bad off. Ballack was never the fastest guy, and he's only been getting slower. His form this year has also been off.

I think Khedira's ready for prime time. He and Schweini will do fine. Slot a Westermann or Traesch behind as a DM, and we'll be okay.

16. Redsock

Redsock Member

May 24, 2007
    Very bad and sad new for Ballack and the NT

It's a huge loss because he was fit recently and played well for his club

Ballack and Schweini (in his current form) combo would surely have been great to watch at the WC :mad:

Shocked !!!

17. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I bet Kevin Boateng gotta be hi-5'ing when he realized ballack was out for wc

18. zacRWE

zacRWE New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Essen, Germany
    Big loss, but I think Germany can get by without Michael Ballack. OK, there in a hole, but Schweinsteiger, Khedira and Träsch could get the job done.
    To be honest, I am more worried about Özil's no-show in the Pokal Finale last Saturday.

19. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    terrible news, I feel so much for ballack, what an unlucky lad. pains me even more knowing that we might not see him in the Mannschaft forever. might be even ironic if we did manage to win the Cup :(:(

kevin prince is such a dick, deserves to be playing in the Championship next year

20. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ? I thought Ozil did alright, stringed some good passes and trickery as ever, but its hard to do anything against Bayern's pressuring.

Anyways, this should be the big break for Khedira since Low will not do the unthinkable by recalling Frings

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was played out of position, Schaaf's mistake.

22. bayern is god

bayern is god Member+

May 26, 2007
    india
    .............................Neuer............................

Boateng..........Merte.........Wester...........Lahm

....................Khedira........Schweini................

Marin......................Ozil......................Podolski

..........................Klose.................................

23. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We are f$$ked :(

Help us:eek:

24. duckster

duckster New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I can't blame Boateng. Of course it was an intentional foul (after what Ballack did before) but he didn't want to injure him. Bad luck :p

Löw will probably play Lahm on the right btw.

25. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rudi Völler about Ballack:

Germany's former manager, Rudi Völler, joined those bemoaning Ballack's loss. "It's brutal, terrible for Michael. He was full of optimism and wanted to play a good World Cup," he said. "There are players in the team who can't be replaced and Michael Ballack is certainly one of them ."