Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know - especially if you have paid a lot for it.

The only advice is can give is that you are just careful about when you use it. I tend to use my top end balls for freestyle. When my friends join me for a game of 5 a side i usually don't let them use my ball. It might sound selfish but they are expensive and i want it to keep its shape and in the best condition i can. The damage i told you about happened when my friends were just blasting the ball at the goal and it must of hit the wood behind the goal. It wasn't the end of the world because i do have a few more high end balls so just decided this would be the ball i used on 3G turf so im not so possessive of it now.

If you want to keep it in good condition just get a cheap ball to mess about with because to your friends its just a ball - they didn't pay for it so they don't care about it. On the other hand you brought it to play football with not keep on display so its upto you to decide. If you use it, wear and tear is going to happen simple as that.

appleCORR

2. ssbb8

ssbb8 Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I understand I think I am just going to use top end ball for my own individual training but when playing with my friend I will just use some cheap ball . Thanks a lot anyway . :)

3. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi all, need urgent help.

Purchased a MITRE TENSILE ball from Lovell Soccer a couple weeks ago. Arrived and all was good except one thing.

The ball aint round! On one side the thing is just not round....

It came deflated, and after I pumped it up it happened.

Any advice to fix it, or should I return it, (ps- I really dont wanna return it, I live in Australia, and it will take to long....)

Cheers guys!

4. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Photo on 2013-05-14 at 16.15.jpg
    Not really visible here, but here it is.

5. Bootboy

Bootboy Member

Oct 23, 2007
    North London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Probably the best thing to do is send it back, they will have a defective stock procedure to deal with it - but you could try deflating and reinflating it again but its probably to do with the stitching

6. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I just talked to some of my friends who said it is probably because it is a brand new mitre tensile ball, and because of its strange panels and stitching pattern, and also because it is new, it will take some time to get into its new shape.

I did deflate it and inflate it, only up to 80% capacity, and im going to leave it for the night. Wake up, and hopefully its good :)

7. scalver3

scalver3 New Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Hey, if you're still looking for this ball I have one! and I'm looking to sell it for the right price. Its only ever been kicked around my bedroom, pretty much perfect condition! Let me know if you're interested and I can send you pictures.

8. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lets see pics on here!

9. scalver3

scalver3 New Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
  10. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did you get the little box set that came with it? It was a black foam box with a slide cover with an orange scorpion on, and inside it had instructions and chalk to draw out your own arena with black plastic scorpion dog tags that you wore around your neck and won off the player you were playing again. It was so cool! - I've still got 2 along with my scorpion ball.

appleCORR

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  12. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    am I too late for the ball? :O

my email didn't notify me of your quote before

13. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm pretty sure he sold it on ebay - he got a good deal!

appleCORR

14. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    damn, i remember having that and it getting completely thrashed!

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just liked how you couldn't play with it in the sun because it would blind you!!!

appleCORR

16. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    agreed, the newest nike chrome ball wasnt anywhere near the same.

I picked up a aviatta volantes ball. It seems very nice, i havent played with it yet.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've seen the Olympic Adidas ball the Albert for £30, was thinking about picking it up. But the last ball i had with big pannels like that was the Jubilani and that got an air leak in the valve after a few uses - my Teamgiest 2 on the other hand is still going strong after years of use on mostly AG turf.

Anyone else got the Albert?

appleCORR

18. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I have the Tango 12 which I think is the same ball but different design. It's great except it has been losing air quicker than it used to, I'm not exactly sure why.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    See, thats what happened with my Jubilani - it was fine and then started losing air, and then it just wouldn't inflate. I don't really want to buy a ball for £30 and then it just go flat.

appleCORR

20. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    It's not too bad. I have a couple other match balls and they all hold air for at least a couple days. Even the Tango 12 which seems to have a small leak holds air for at least 2 days.

21. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey guys,

My Nike Seitiro match ball (EPL) after a while has got a valve issue. It doesnt hold air for long at all (like 1 hour) and im 1000% positive its the valve.

Anyone know how to repair it, or even replace it? Not many guides out there....

Anything will help, cos I need as much opinion as possible. :)

22. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inflate the ball and then submerge it in water while also squeezing periodically. Try to look for any bubbles. If you there is a leak you can try to purchase a special liquid that injected through the valve to plug up any holes.

23. AdidasPredatorMANIAC

Jul 6, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Ive done that and it is the valve it self that the bubbles stream from. Could I put the liquid in the valve and will it fix it?

24. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it is the valve then you could try applying some silicone lubricant. If that doesn't work then you need a new ball.

25. tilburysoccer

tilburysoccer Member

Sep 16, 2009
    KCMO
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    England