Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    I've just got the Adidas "Albert" which is effectively the same ball as the Tango and I quite like it.

Adidas Albert-3.jpg
    It doesn't seem to be as random when you kick it as earlier adidas balls were. I've got the original Teamgeist and Roteiro footballs but I like this one better.

Adidas Albert-1.jpg
    I also think it looks suprisingly good in person. When I saw the pictures I thought the colours didn't go but now I really like them. It also makes it easier to see cos the colours really are quite bright.

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do the bigger panels make much of a difference when you are kicking it? They look massive so I'm guessing you'd have a cleaner striking area? Did you pay full price?

appleCORR

3. TimLeB

TimLeB New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Sept-iles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, it's not totally random like the Jabulani but damn, it's a nightmare for defender..got a ball right on the nose trying to go for a header on a long ball..ball was moving so much. I was bleeding like $%/?*&$" and couldn't play for like 5-10 minutes to wait for the bleeding to stop.

appleCORR7 it's nice to kick, very responsive and you can generate a lot of power. But personnaly, I prefer tracers or the old adidas like the europass

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a jubilani and once I got used too it I actually liked it.

Gotto say that I prefer the teamgiests. I've got a little collection of those and they are so nice to kick. Btw, if anyone is interested the Adidas store in Birmingham have got last seasons champions league final ball on sale for £40.

appleCORR

5. soupster

soupster Member

Jan 9, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Sheffield United FC
    It is a nice ball to shoot with but as you say its probably not the best ball when it comes to judging whether it will move or not.

I also agree that the Teamgeist is nicer. Mine just seems a lot smoother and rounder, each panel fits together tightly. The seems on the new adidas balls have too much of a gap.

Also I got my Nike Aerow ball out to compare to the Seitiro and to me it seems both of the latest adidas and Nike footballs are less "lively", the bounce seems to be duller. It is probably part of the design as it makes them easier to control, but I still enjoy the spring you get from the Aerow.

TimLeB repped this.
  6. wchia1977

wchia1977 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Am a match ball collector from Singapore, does anyone have the play-off final balls from the nPower Football League for sale?

7. wchia1977

wchia1977 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    By the way this is my match ball collector website but this is still a beta version: www.afewgoodballs.com

I have pictures of more than a hundred balls to post still :p

8. Freeskier

Freeskier New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I have this final match ball from the 2006 WC

[​IMG]

Been a bit weary to play with it. I have a bit but I want to keep it in rather good condition.. What are some good balls I can buy now for less than $150 so I don't have to wreck the ball I have? It just so happened that all my other balls have either been lost or destroyed over the years and the nicest one is the only remaining one.. :(

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you dont have a good track record of looking after balls i wouldnt risk playing with that one to be honest. Just get cheaps ones in future if something always happens to them.

appleCORR

10. Freeskier

Freeskier New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Sorry, my track record is quite good. I just haven't bought any balls for a long time and the other ones I have been using ended up getting destroyed due to a lot of use. I lost one in the past 5 years so I think that's okay..

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In that case get a decent ball, just didn't want you wasting your money if you went through balls quickly. I've been using a teamgiests 2 ball for a while now and it's really held up well, you tend to e able to get the old designs quite cheaply now.

appleCORR

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone tried out one of those 250 brine balls
    [​IMG]

13. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know this is a long shot, but do the warranty on any of the higher end balls cover if the ball happens to pop from getting run over? lol

I could try to argue that it hit a post and popped, but it has 2 holes.

Thats what happens when you kick around with idiots that shoot as hard as they can at tiny goals.

[​IMG]
    2 months and it popped. The hole is across 2 panels basically, and has a small one on the other end. Any chance Select gives me another ball? Sucks to have a $120 ball go like this.

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dont think you will get anything for that sorry, the moral of the story is not to use your best ball when you are playing with idiots - they didnt pay for it so they wont respect it.

appleCORR

15. Clash10

Clash10 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Have someone tried the new Nike ball? Maxim or what the name is? need a new one now since my Jabulani has punctured...

16. USAChrisKY

USAChrisKY Member

May 20, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just have to say that is a nice ball. I really like it.

17. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking to possibly purchasing a ton of balls in bulk for training, does anyone have any recommendations?

18. Suit and Tie

Suit and Tie New Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was wondering the same thing and had been looking at the adidas 11Glider but haven't seen any reviews around.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pro Direct tend to do some good deals on balls if you are buying them in bulk, personally if they are just for a team to train with i wouldnt spend a lot of money on them and save the spare cash for a decent match ball.

appleCORR

20. bloodysoccerfan

bloodysoccerfan New Member

Aug 13, 2012
  21. amdmaxx

amdmaxx Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Anyone played with new Nike Maxim ball yet?

22. jappy

jappy New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hi im looking for the 2002 nike scorpion chrome ball.. Does anyone know where can i get a nike scorpion ball? Thanx..

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't think you will be able to get ne anywhere now.

appleCORR

24. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Anyone can suggest me a good ball for astro/3G turf?

thanks

25. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally id just get a cheap ball for 3G turf, your ball ends up getting a bit trashed on that kind of surface.

appleCORR