Ball advice/review/bouncing/feeling thread [2]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

No pun intended :rolleyes:

Continue to contribute SVP. Thanks

2. Alexio92

Alexio92 Member

May 16, 2007
    I am going to feel your balls! :cool:

or maybe not

3. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
  4. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Concensus for ball category in Big Soccer seems like

1. aerow 2
    2. teamgeist
    3. aerow or other

and some swear by Mitre Ultimax, but due to lack of availability in US many people, including myself, can't comment on it.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmmm ... i think id probably but my teamgiest about my aerow now ive used it more. But then again i do find it a bit too grippy to use in a game and it sticks to your foot. But its good for freestyle.

appleCORR

6. akirika

akirika New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Toronto
    the most bizarre thing happen to me today.

i went to a local sport store (i live in Canada btw).

i saw the Nike Aerow II in the same section as a Nike Premier since they look the same to the untrained eye. they were in the exact box as well.
    [​IMG]
    I could have easily opened the box and switched the ball around and got the aerow for $30. Normally they retail here for $150.

I didnt do it tho :(

7. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    I know it is technically stealing, but I would do horrible, unforgivable things to get that ball for 30$.

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

As would I. Don't think anybody would say no if you could get away with it.

9. COPA17

COPA17 New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i havent seen the nike mv ball get a mention on here and i think its as good as if not better than the aerow (havent tried the aerow 2 :()

also, i got it for 70 or 80 bucks off eurosport rather than the 120 retail and a lower-end teamgeist training ball--dont know its exact name--came free as part of a special offer sooo...good value!

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can get away with it in some sports shops (sports soccer) because the staff dont have a clue what the high end balls look like. My mate got an aerow for £9.99 because it was in the cheap ball basket and the girl on the till didnt know any better as it wasn't priced she just slammed it through at £9.99!! :eek:

appleCORR

AdidasPredatorMANIAC repped this.
  11. joey8sg8

joey8sg8 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Tea Room
    My problem is that at checkout I would be giggling like a twat, or atleast have a huge grin... Then the cashier would refuse to sell it to me because I look like I'm going to molest him/her. It's a process...

12. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    anybody used this one?
    "Pro 100T League" it's the one used in Scotland league.

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I believe that's the same as the Mitre that was used in the Championship last season albeit with a different design. It's quite light but pumps up well, so it's great for shooting. Quite easy to swerve it too. I'd give it two thumbs up.

14. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    What bigg said, plus it's apparently the fastest and the most accurate (whatever that means) ball on the market. They've come out with a few different color patterns of the ball depending where it's used. Mitre has a cool ad on youtube.com and their website, but I'm not 100% sure if it's Pro 100T; the ball looks pretty sweet though.

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

The ones I've seen are SPL, Championship, and both Wales and Scotland have international versions.

16. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    cool, I found one for around $65 USD. I don't know if I have time to snatch it before my plane departs. :D

17. Ronaldob4hegotfat

Ronaldob4hegotfat New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Australia
    I use Mitre Ultimax balls for school competitions quite often and they are really good. We also use Nike Aerow balls (first version) and I would probably prefer the Ultimax but by a very small margin. They also seem to be very durable.

18. akirika

akirika New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Toronto
    guys is this ball fake?

[​IMG]

19. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    since it says "Teamgei2t" meaning Teamgeist2 I wouldn't firmly say it's fake. It might be new design, which I like.

20. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004

where?

21. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    It was at a store in Japan but I decided not to get it.

22. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
  23. KHowe

KHowe Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Western MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Can anyone recommend some cheap practice balls? I'd like to buy 6-8 of them to practice free kicks with. If they come in a set, even better.

24. akirika

akirika New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Toronto
    i bought a nike vapor ball for $60 USD off of ebay. good deal? is the ball even any good? i only bought it cause it retails for like $120