Baldomero Toledo has screwed us again [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oke the Joke is indeed a terrible ref.

Toledo, meanwhile, has always seemed too comfortable making dramatic calls that he's not even particularly sure about. Usually cards, from my recollection.

2. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Sorry Fina thought we were on the same page on this.... Remind me not to ask you next time... Geez!

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    f* em all, guys.

Club 132 believes that all MLS refs hang out in bathrooms waiting for Larry Craig in order to practice blowing their calls.

4. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    +1 J1m...

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    And now we can add this past Saturday to Toledo's pathetic officiating. Two meaningless yellows on Reyna & Van den Bergh. The only ones that were legit are the two that Conde got.

Good for Dave van den Bergh to speak up and inform the people at MLS on how this dic officiated on FSC. He never got his marching orders from the league office. Blanco told him how to officiate this match.

6. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    1. I wouldn't want to be a ref. It's a tough job, and the fans hate you.

2. How does a person go about becoming a ref in MLS?

3. Why don't some of you apply?

I totally agree that our league has refs that make us an embarrassment. I also agree that Toledo generally does a terrible job (not just in our games either). Alex Prus, in my opinion, is the most fair overall (once again, not just in our games).

But seriously, we need good refs, and some of you who post here would probably be really good. I wonder what MLS would do if they suddenly had hundreds of fans from various areas applying? Would they pay attention then?

7. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minor point. (Actually, it's a major point overall.)

It's the USSF that controls the refereeing pool and is in charge of grading and approving refs. Not MLS

and that's really all you need to know about the chances of the ref pool improving.

8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Baldomero Toledo has screwed us again

When the teams were walking off at half time, I saw someone grabbing vdB's arm, which I expected because of the goal. He didn't look happy & pulled away from them! A few seconds later, he's being interviewed! :D At least he spoke his mind.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Re: Baldomero Toledo has screwed us again

That was Brian Tsao from the Communications department.

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    4 Winds. I honestly don't want to talk about a ref that screws us from points. I know it's a tough job. But somehow this Toledo guy has something against us. Reyna never deserved a booking that quickly. Van den Bergh never wasted the time, but Blanco throws the ball at him while VDB is tying his laces & a yellow card is out for delay of game? When he never delayed at all.

11. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for Red Bulls to pullout the tapes and display it to league for review. Quietly , that is so maybe we get honest calls coming to us come playoff time.

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003

I guess he deserves a mention for getting vdB to stop for the interview.
    BTW, vdB spoke with little or no accent. I guess that we can credit that to his American wife & green card!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_van_den_Bergh
    Van den Bergh ... is married to an American wife ... During the 2007 season, Van den Bergh obtained a U.S. Green Card ...

13. centrejack

centrejack New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    I thought there was a formal review process that the league did of every game until the Lombardo incident- the guy was caught on camera punching Freeman in the peaches, and there were no consequences. Clint gets a ridiculous straight red in the Houston game at home, and no review process to reduce or reverse the red card. The list goes on and on.

The quality of officiating is the biggest problem in the league this year.

14. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003

I heard that after the game someone found Toledo's cellphone. When asked how he knew it was Toledo's, the guy said, "That was easy. It said "10 MISSED CALLS!" :D