Baldomero Toledo has screwed us again [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Aug 25, 2007.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I will say that the boys made a mess tonight on allowing Twellman to score and putting one in our own net, BUT THAT ASSHAT TOLEDO HAS SCREWED US AGAIN ON THESE HORRIBLE CALLS! What the hell kind of penalty was that? He should've booked the guy for a dive, but gives the Revs a penalty?

Fine Claudio Reyna got a booking for his reckless tackle, but what about Twellman hitting Chris Leitch from behind? NO CARD WHAT SO EVER! HE ONLY GETS A LITTLE WHINEY DISSENT IN THE 87TH? Twellman goes to the Joey Franchino school of goonery.

Dane Richards got fouled in the area near the end line and NO PENALTY FOR US? I MEAN GIVE ME A F'EN BREAK!

HE COSTED US TWO POINTS LAST YEAR IN KC, HE KICKED OUT ABBE IBRAHIM ON TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEK YELLOW CARDS THAT WERE AT LEAST REGULAR FOULS! EVER SINCE HE GETS ASSIGNED TO OFFICIATE OUR MATCHES HE HAS SCREWED US ON ALMOST EVERY CALL! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AT US SOCCER?!

HE SHOULD BE FIRED!

2. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    W/e he'll get fired one day or just continue on his medicore ways like most refs in the US.

3. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Red Bulls screwed themselves. I don't remember anyone quesioning him when he gave that pk in the KC game. He is an awful ref but you can't blame the refs.

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Did you read my post on what I said in the beginning. Please scroll up.

5. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    This team sucks, just like USMNT did in 2006 under moron BA. All the players in this team can play one or two good games a year. That alone tells you how good a team is this new and improved NYRB is under BA. I had plans to go back to NJ on Sept.1, but I am not sure now.

6. Huwiler's Odoreaters

Apr 10, 2007
    It was a truly terrible performance from Baltimore Toledo.

I wish there were a little more publicity around the referee review process. Machnik works in the shadows. It was heartening to see the FA demote one of its own last week. The only time you hear that USSF refs don't cut the mustard is when FIFA rejects them: how we laughed at the humiliation Brian Hall suffered when FIFA said he wasn't good enough for the last world cup.

7. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F**k off to your Mets FC board, man. It is YOU who is the moron.

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

The ref, the defense or the lack of creativity up front. Take your pick. All three were really, really bad, and one by itself could've lost the game on its own.

But with respect to the officiating, it's been a few games since calls have gone our way.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Do us all a favor. Don't come. We don't need part time supporters.

Your just trying to find ways to throw your opinion of your hate on Bruce. I didn't like how the games in DC & in Foxboro ended either, but I'm not going to point the finger of blame all the time at Arena. Arena didn't tell his defenders to screw up at the start of the 2nd half or tell Carlos Mendes to hit the ball hard on the passback so he could score on his own goal. They did it to themselves and allowed 2 pts to slip then the pt to fizzle away.

You want to compare the Nats of 2006 to this club side? That's a pathetic statement.

10. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Thank you Roehl for throwing in some common sense since everyone else has lost theirs.

11. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    I guess I put the team together not BA, great.I supported the game of soccer first and the Metro's from day one,so just watch what you saying.

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I was right near the PK play. It was a relatively soft penalty, but the defender definitely pulled on Cristman's shirt in the box. Pulling an attackers shirt in the penalty area is always a risky play.

13. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess we are all frustrated with the team and the direction of our anger goes different ways. We still have a long way to go so hopefully the bad bounces, crazy plays and ref calls balance out in our favor at the end.

14. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    you have a good team. I looked at your board here and can't understand the level of vitriol. Red Bulls were unlucky, weird OG, Jozy getting a little hurt, but except for that your team is pretty good. Your forward tandem is the best in the league.

15. pjae

pjae New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    new york state
    thanks, bruce s. i think they're good, too, for the most part. what they need is a regular game win, which they can't seem to do lately (not including galaxy, that was an amazing game). i have to agree with the bad ref, however, and not just because he didn't go our way. twellman dives A LOT - and he's too good a player to keep it up. it just takes away from his overall quality. but he sells it and it works for him, so i guess i'll just have to live with it. there was lots of jersey pulling on both sides, and from where i sat dane was really fouled in the box - it was a cheap shot from behind, no ball, and nothing was called. i'm sure there were more of the same down at the other end, but it really felt like we were on the short end of that stick. twellman's yellow card was a joke, but it made me happy for a minute, so, again, i'll take it!

16. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You left out the red card on Mathis early in the season against Houston.

Overall, he is a good ref, but he does seem to fall more for dives than the other officials.

In the wake of the Tim Donaghy controversy, does anyone happen to know what the Vegas Over/Under was on this match? :D

17. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Cristman was being manhandled all night, I'll give him credit for not retaliating.

Apparently Twellman's yellow shoes are something sacred in NE because when he got the yellow I said out loud how nice it went with his shoes I was told by the soccer mommy sitting behind me I wasn't being very nice.

18. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    No arguement on the shirt pulling, it happened right in front of me. But doesn't a player who has his shirt pulled fall back toward the other player, not forward? Shalrie muffed the PK so no harm no foul.

And to be totally honest, in my opinion Toledo sucked both ways last night.

19. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sub - face facts. This team isn't good enough. Full stops. Sucks is too harsh, but still, not good enough.

20. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 years of suck. a 35 yard own goal. We can't ever beat DC or NE. It just keeps building

21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    the own goal was one of the weirdest I have ever seen. It was RIGHT in front of us in the Fort. Damn the Fort sure gave Conway some stick after that. I felt a bit sorry for him.

22. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    that's the way I say it. He dove cause his shirt was being pulled.

23. keepersdad

keepersdad New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    I was watching the game in Boston, and at 20 minutes into the first half they always interviews Steve Nicol. He even commented the the PK call was very soft. It was actually justice that it was missed. But are there really any good refs working MLS?

24. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Marrufo is the worst (ask FINA), Toledo, Vaughn and Brian Hall are close seconds... Okulaja, Salazar, Navarro blow hot and cold but in the past Abbe hated us...

The only ref I think cut us some slack is Alex Prus and from time to time
    Stott and Whelan

25. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ask me?

I'll tell you you're wrong.

Abbey Okulaja is the worst. Hands, arms, feet, head, and any other body part I can think of down. I am quite on record with this.