Balboa will we see his stuff?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrosarenumberone, Aug 1, 2002.

1. metrosarenumberone

metrosarenumberone New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    Will Marcelo Balboa Ever get to show us that he can play? I just think that he is trying to drop hints that he wants to go back to colorado because we seemed to get ripped off in the trade of chung for balboa. Balboa is a pussy he needs a brick thrown at him so he can realize that he needs to suck it up that he isn't on colorado anymore and he is in New Jersey. He better come back other wise i want chung back in a red and black uni

2. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

How many F'n times does this have to be said....

BALBOA WAS NOT TRADED FOR CHUNG !!

3. metrosarenumberone

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    he was in that deal wasn't he? because it seems fishy to me how we got balboa(aka Bumboa) and chung got shipped to the rapids. I want chung back. i want chung back.

4. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    I think you should rethink the title of this thread.....

We got unlucky with Balboa but, if he can make it back for the last few games and the playoffs I think he would be a great addition to a backline that is woefully in need of some leadership...

5. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    how about balboa for redondo. there's an even trade.

6. metrosarenumberone

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    how about balboa for spencer. We would be happy and balboa would be happy back in colorado(and watch him make a miraculous srecovery)

7. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    just focus on writing your cable company to play more metro commercials :)

8. metrosarenumberone

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    i wanna see balboa play we pay him and he dont play. Its just money we wasted.

9. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    Maybe if Nick & co. required a physical before the trade happened we wouldn't have been put in this situation?

just a thought

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Just a thought.

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

This is ridiculous already.

The Metro ought to put Balboa out to pasture for the rest of the season and try to get salary cap relief from the league in order to get some help on the defensive side of the ball.

12. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

Actually MLS has sort of new rule that they have implemented ... I'll try and find it but it has something to do with recouping money for your salary cap when you have had an injured player on your roster that's missed 50% of league matches...I think it was used for the Revs aquisition of Griffith's.

13. italia_in_02

italia_in_02 New Member

Jul 24, 2001
    NJ
    Re: Re: Balboa will we see his stuff?

Almost....team's can trade for "cap room" if they have a player that is lost for the season. So, if Balboa isn't coming back for the rest of the season, we could trade for "cap room", but I have no clue who we'd use the money on.

14. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Roy Myers is always a posssibility. Seems like he always recycles back this time of the year anyway. Too many SIs??? Just make up another rules as we go along.

15. MetroZebra

MetroZebra New Member

May 24, 2002
    Well, we finally got to see what Balboa is all about at the All-Star game. His stuff was really on display for everybody to see. It was really entertaining.........................................

The interview I mean of course! Veronica P^ssy talked with Balboa about his hair for an entire interview. They discussed when he had the flattop.....and the mullet.....and how it's all one long length now. Very insightful interview. In depth reporting by MLS's finest. Thanks for doing nothing to help the Metros,Marcelo. You were a real catch!