Baek Ji-Hoon

Discussion in 'Korea' started by sac517, Jun 30, 2005.

1. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Baek scored his first goal for FC Seoul in a 2-0 win over chunbuk hyundai.

The more I see of this guy, the more I like. A week or so ago, he declared his intention to make it onto the World CUp squad for next year. Kinda aiming high there...

Do you guys think he has a chance to make it on the squad? Due to his good showing at the WYC, he appears to be getting more face time all over korean media. I really think this guy is better than some of the guys we have on the NT bench.

thoughts?

2. gokorea

gokorea Member

Jun 2, 2005
    i dont know much about him other than his goal at WYC (which i watched like 30x..), but he's been getting a lot of media attention since then, especially since he's so easy on the eyes. what a cutie. i wouldnt mind seeing him on tv more often but not so sure if he's a proven player. if anything, Shin impressed me more at the WYC.

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe as a reserve but nothing more than that. Like Choe Tae Uk was in 2002.

Only young player i expect from the WYC squad to be a starter (or atleast a sub) is Park CY.

4. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

how about Kim JK?

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh Kim Jin Kyu. Totally forgot about him.

I think he's going to be in too because we lack defense so badly these days. I mean he's definitley talented enough to be starting but he really didn't have the best WYC performance and still very young.

6. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I don't think Baek should be in WC squad as of now. What has he done other than score a tough goal in YWC where we got eliminated in group stage? I loved his goal sure but come on, a single goal in YWC and a goal in K league aint enough.

Maybe if he starts making some serious impact in K League.

7. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

yeah i guess i got caught up in teh media hype (he does have a good face to look at)..but i think hes def soemone people are keeping an eye on.

8. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Considering the serious dearth of good defenders, Kim JK will have to do. But it was clear that he is far from world-class, or even continental class during the Asian Cup last year. Kaebi of Iran smoked him during the entire game.

9. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    I think this guy Baek is an over-hype...just a pretty boy captain... the goal he scored was very nice/ difficult shot but Media jumped right on, and next game wasnt so pretty...

Park CY/ Kim JK , we need to get these boys to Europe

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    the guy was absolutely lost during the game against Iran, but you gotta understand that he played his first game for our senior NT in the same tourney just two games ago against UAE.

in fact, he played great against UAE despite our team being down a man thanks to Park Jae-hong, and he also played a solid game against Kuwait.

so that game against Iran was only his 3rd game and he just couldn't keep up with skilled and faster guys like Kaebi and Karimi.

when Karimi was busy jumping to head the ball into our net, Kim Jin-kyu was standing right next to him doing NOTHING.

but other than that, he played well in almost every match he played for our NT.

11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Yeah, I agree. He missed an easier goal against Brazil.

12. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    i think if shin young rok learns how to shoot on target he would be pretty good....baek ji hoon should not be included in our a team YET....not until he can perform good with consistency in k-league and he also has to get in the starting 11 in fc seoul....what the hell happened to cho won kwang?!

13. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    He suffered an injury and couldn't recover his fitness/form before the WYC started, I think.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

Kim JK is going to end up murdering someone by accident and wil be in jail. sorry for being morbid...im just scared to death of that guy,.

15. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

김진규 = 전형적인 한국 터프가이 :D