Bad news trickles in.

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Weymouth Dave, Oct 31, 2010.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You're right why bother or get involved, but I care for the whole league including Breakers.
    Sorry I mucked up your forum. I thought WPS fans are all in this together. Unlike MLS forums where you and your whole family gets cussed out if you even dare to go on someone elses forum.

2. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well true. Sorry for my terse remark. I have a bit of a different relationship with the Breakers GM and that's what prompted my remark. WPS fans are in it together, but calling out the Breakers GM (or Sky Blue) is just silly. They aren't the investors.
    No point grandstanding about "definitely being committed or involved" if 365 days from now we're back to W-League as top-level and everyone becoming Yanks Abroad in the Super Duper Wicked Awesome Women's EPL (no idea what the formal name for the new league is).

Pretty sad that one of the richest areas of the country (Silicon Valley) can't front a women's team. And by no means am I calling out the NeSmiths. Calling out the people that can help, but won't.

3. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Matty,

Mrad and Myself are totally right for calling out the GM's. What would your relationship have to so with someone elses thoughts and opinions are? The Silence is a sign of weakness and disrespect. But wait you want me to be a season ticket holder?

4. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we're lucky that any of the league GMs even post on this site. I don't see Theo Epstein or even Mike Burns posting about goings on with the Red Sox or Revs. I'm sure they're telling us what they can tell us. The GMs won't even necessarily know any more, as they're not the ones with all the money at stake.

Andy, et al, I'm appreciative of the fact you have taken the time to keep us up to date, and I really hope it works out. I'd dearly miss having the Breakers and the rest of the league around.

5. mavric

mavric Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Boston Area
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be fair to call out if you have reason to beleive that the GMs are holding out on you...

I can not comment on your relationship with your GM, but we however have a trust relationship the Andy. He has earned it and has done nothing to break that trust. If he states that he stated what he can publicly then that is it. We trust that he discloses what he can when he can and we respect that. I think that is why you got so much resistance to calling out Andy.

That's my 2 cents...

-Don

6. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Everyone - I have one question for you - What would Andy, me or any of the GM's have to gain by withholding information? In the past - at least from my perspective, I have been very forthcoming and open to share information. If I knew I would tell you. Ilisa (FCGP) has been very open and honest online and in the newspaper, Philadelphia, Washington and Chicago have posted information on their websites. The deadline is and has been November 15th - it is COB PST Monday - that's what we know. These decisions are made respectively by the team owners who are on the Board of Governors. Some of us are alternate members of the BoG - but we aren't part of the owners only meetings. The decisions will be what they are, and will be the owners decision to make. It would be ridiculously stupid of us to speculate on what may or may not happen in our positions. We ALL want this to work out, We ALL want their to be a league in 2011 and beyond.

7. Weymouth Dave

Weymouth Dave Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Weymouth
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you folks have been very forthcoming. It's a very difficult situation for everybody that is hoping the league can move on. Some here are a little over the top with their anger which is born out of the frustration with what has transpired. We as fans need to keep in mind that the disappointment we feel is
    magnified for those working for the teams. It is after all their livelihood and something they have been working tirelessly for some time now. I hope things work out.

8. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Andy - I completely agree with you - we have chosen the same path as Boston and have not made any public statements regarding this situation. Time will answer all questions.

That was your comment! Why wouldn't you come out and make a public statement concerning your team and the process that the league is following to secure a 2011 season. How don't you feel that letting the fans know what the hell is going on isn't important. Your owners decided to move forward with out a front man so who give the updates, who explains the situation. Why are teams like you still collected money for season tickets if there is a chance that the league is folding? If you are not folding and will proceed with 4 - 5 teams let the fans know. How many teams will decide if there is a league? Who are making the decisions?

9. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    soccerbs - specifically what part of:

"The deadline is and has been November 15th - it is COB PST Monday - that's what we know. These decisions are made respectively by the team owners who are on the Board of Governors. Some of us are alternate members of the BoG - but we aren't part of the owners only meetings. The decisions will be what they are, and will be the owners decision to make" is not clear?

10. FCGoldPrideGM

FCGoldPrideGM New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Soccerbs - which way do you want to have it? WPS run like a business or not? We are more transparent than most.

Sorry you are in a state of flux with not knowing what is going on. There is business that needs to be done, and once everything is decided - you will know. We are not keeping secrets - we are just trying to run a business - and wouldn't you rather know the end result than the ups and downs? The story would change for you every day - and honestly, I would rather protect our fans from that rollercoaster - because from personal experience - it is emotionally draining.

11. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you really folding?

12. soccerbs

soccerbs Red Card

Jun 14, 2006
    Are you both kidding me? Go look on your WPS website! Please tell me how you have used that Website to keep your fans posted. Do You really think the same old 10 posters on here is your market. You have Thousands of fans who have wrote your league off! Hey fans wait until the 15th and we will let you know whats going on but but tickets....really?

Board of governors lol...Lots of soccer experience in that room.

Ms Gold I have stated that I appreciated your fight and you not hiding.

13. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    I really like it when GM's use this board to release information but unfortunately I'm not sure engaging in two-way communication is viable.

14. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
  15. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team: