Bad news from Naperville

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rocket, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the sports ticker at USA Today, the Galaxy beat the Fire tonight, 2-1.

The news isn't much better from San Jose. Midway thru the 1st half the Quakes are leading the Crew, 2-0.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Leave it to Shitcago to blow a 1-0 lead late in the game. It's 2-1 now in San Jose. Come on Columbus, I believe in you!

3. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Watching Pescadito put away those two goals brought a tear to my eye. He put away a corner kick with a brilliant header, and then he broke free and beat Thornton 1v1 from about 30 yds out.

If EJ is looking for somebody to emulate, that is the guy (except for the flopping). Pescadito puts the ball in the net many different ways.

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Crew tie it up in San Jose at 3-3! :)

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know as much as I hate that guy, he can finish like no other. I never heard Cerritos' condition, but I'm out of town (no real computer access till now) so can someone tell me?

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nevermind, disregard my question, the whole Fing season. Well lovely.

7. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Graziani scores the game winner in OT. 4-3 Quakes over Crew. :(

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello 4th seed.

9. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If Chicago could somehow, someway, get bounced out of the playoffs completely, it would be a huge boon for us. We traded for their #1 pick next year, and #2 overall wouldn't be too shabby.

10. Burn20

Burn20 New Member

Jul 29, 2000
    NJ
    Thanks to questionable lineups last week by Jeffries, we were forced to root for the Goons on Saturday. Then they couldn't even hold a lead at home to stop LA. What pathetic $hitheads. Next, Crew loses by an own goal in OT. What have we done to deserve this? I hope that after their well deserved rest, the boys come back ready to kick a$$. It's nice to finish up the season with the bottom feeders of the league, but after the last few days, I'm not taking anything for granted.

11. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    Buck up you guys. SJ was the 5th seed last year. Once you're in the playoffs, who knows? You have a strong team that easily is in contention to win it all. MLS Cup is almost certain to end up in SJ, LA, or Dallas this year, these three teams are the cream.

I'd be most concerned about losing Cerritos for the year, but it's not like Dallas doesn't have other weapons.

Last year LD really stepped it up in the playoffs. This year it could be O'brien or Vaca or EJ.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Burn in the playoffs, and in the mean time, will root for SJ to take points off LA to give you a shot at the 3rd seed.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's right, I mean we should count our blessings that we're even in the playoffs, we could be like Chicago (hahahahahahah). And who knows, maybe things will change in the playoffs, maybe Kreis will step it up. The week of hell is over, time to play like the Burn we love again.