Bad/Good Boot Fakes/Knockoffs

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by ISC22, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I think i can see a yellow card coming this way.

and povah, speak english...cuz.
    took me ages to figure out if you were trying to say because or cousin.

2. Povah

Povah New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    im 13 so get a life m8 <<<<<<< for those who can't understand text that means m8 ;)

3. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Nothing speaks to me more then a 13 year old telling me to get a life on an online forum, on a serious note, we got a fair bit of international members on the board so when you say m8 and cuz they have no idea what your talking about...

4. Povah

Povah New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this is just a gess(soz bout the spelling have irlens sydrome) but i recon your a bout 20 30 doesn't get out much n probaly still lives with his mum so i put it 2 you u suked of an orse
    n lets leave it at that cuz pretty odvious you have nothing better to do

oh and i am an international member as im from wales

5. ats494

ats494 Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. Povah

Povah New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    they look fake they just dont look rite and you are the one who started all this by laughing at some one because they got some thing wrong so you sir are the imature one
    Or do i need 2 read u a bed time story ??

7. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

honestly, it seems new superflies are the most faked boots out there.
    i would NOT risk buying any of the new superfly colorways off ebay, unless the seller has sold many others and has perfect feedback.

given that this seller only has one feedback, and the pics he took look like they have been touched up in photoshop, and theres no real detailed pics of telltale signs of fakery (if i was selling real unreleased superflies, i would take close up shot of the soleplate....printed on carbon fiber is a telltale sign of fake superflies), i definitely wouldn't risk buying from this guy.

8. ats494

ats494 Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wasnt really planning on buying them. I just want to see how long before a real pair is on ebay.
    Thanks!

9. soccerman11

soccerman11 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think fake. it looks like theres black heel pads in there if you look real close

10. ats494

ats494 Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. legalgooner

legalgooner New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brand New Without Box = fake

Why wouldn't you get the special silver superfly box with two boot bags...

12. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in most cases, especially with anything mercurial, thats definitely true...

although i notice quite a few adipures and other random boots being sold brand new without box that im sure are real....im pretty sure those are outlet store resales or something.

13. socc

socc New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don´t really understand why people is so concern about buying official/original shirts.

I´m a big shirt collector, I buy all my shirts online and all are "replicas", and guess what, when compared with an "official"/"original" is ABSOLUTELY the SAME, yes believe it or not is 100% the same (the texture, colors, patches, printings, etc).

Most of my friends now buy replicas online because of me. You can get perfect replicas at crazy prices... why so cheap? because those are the REAL prices, you can buy perfect shirts at 3 times cheaper than the "real ones".

People: all these kind of clothing (boots, shirts, socks, hats, pants, shoes and the list is endless) are 95% (maybe more?) produced in Asia!! In this percentage are obviously included your "originals" and my "fakes" :)

Sorry if this post got boring, but this is a topic that really turns me crazy... it´s insane that people pay SO MUCH for a single piece of clothing.

And, by the way, both "originals" and "replicas" are produced in China (probably by the SAME MANUFACTURERS)

Thank you.

14. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    while that might be true for jerseys, that is definitely not the case with boots.

fakes are nowhere near the quality of the boots they are trying to replicate. often times the materials are different, and the material they are made of can make a ton of difference....whereas a quality synthetic material replicates k leather really well, has good touch, and molds to the foot well, the shoddier, cheaper material found on fake boots often are detrimental to touch and molding of ones foot (ie make it worse, not better)

another example of material difference: the super expensive nike superflies have a full carbon fiber soleplate, which makes them incredibly light yet still strong. the bottom is weaved carbon fiber ribbons. on a fake superfly, they just digitally print a weave looking pattern on the bottom to fool people in pictures.

also, another thing, the boot companies require a higher standard of workmanship, wherever it is made. Fake boots producers could give a rat's ass about quality of workmanship.

and yet another thing: boot makers protect the "blueprint" of their boots, so to speak, so while producers of the real thing are going by this blueprint, producers of fakes are basically guessing at how to recreate the boot by backwards/reverse engineering it. I can attest to this, because I have several true pairs of Nike Laser 1s....then a website store fooled me into buying fake Nike Laser 1s (they had pictures of the real thing but sent me fakes)....i was able to compare the real thing to the fake, and all sorts of dimensions and shapes and fit were off on the fake. not to mention the quality was visably sh!ttier, and instead of kangaroo leather it was calf.

so yah, there is a reason people who like soccer boots dont buy fakes. maybe its different for jerseys, but its not the same with fake boots.

15. legalgooner

legalgooner New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he posted in the wrong section, as he was just talking about 'shirts'. Additionally, most of the jerseys that are available to the public are replicas, in that they are not player issue jerseys. The issue becomes if they are authentic or official replicas, which I believe SOCC is saying makes no difference.

Whilst the difference between an authentic boot or authentic jersey is vast, I no longer buy the fake replica jerseys because the consistency in the product is dodgy at best. The material is often cheap and sometimes irritates easily, the sizing is all jacked up, and any numbers or lettering are ironed on and will not last. And after you consider the shipping charges for a fake kit from Asia, you can get the real deal for a few quid more.

Anyways, back on topic to spotting knock offs and stopping people from buying fake Vapors for $100.

16. jordinho_23

jordinho_23 Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wouldnt even chance buying any kind of boot off ebay some are real and some are fake but I just wont risk it as I have heard of some horror stories from mates who have been conned by these rip of merchants on ebay. I know many of you guys are hard-core boot collectors and its great to find a rare boot to boast your collection but I just wont take the risk. The fake boots can be very deceiving and if people dont know the obvious signs they can easily be tricked. When I was in Thailand I went to many shops that are full of fake boots, shirts etc and its amazing at how good the Thai people are at making products identical to the real thing. I could of easily stocked up on all those fake vapours and made a fortune on ebay but im not that kind of person to rip people off. The same boots I saw in Thailand are the same boots being sold on ebay so for those of you who are new to the world of boot collecting or just someone who is looking for a new pair of boots please please please people dont get tricked into buying fakes.

17. riderboss

riderboss New Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    how do you insert pictures please.

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Go to photobucket and set up an account (www.photobucket.com) then upload your image, use the last code on the drop down menu and then copy and paste it.

appleCORR

19. ISC22

ISC22 New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Not neccesary :x
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    found out today my friend got ripped off on ebay on a pair of superflys like from afar they look like good fakes but up close they are poorly made =/

20. socc

socc New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, Ebay is in my opinion not the best place to buy good replicas at all... you should find an online store that is trusty and sell good replicas at good prices... and a good customer support is always important. Then buy always in the same place.

Thank you.

21. Shinobu

Shinobu Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Narnia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, everything is. I've ordered from him/her before.

23. Shinobu

Shinobu Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Narnia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds good, i might buy some stuff from him

24. ats494

ats494 Member

Nov 11, 2008