bad defence doesn't equal good offense

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by blank25, Jun 26, 2005.

1. blank25

blank25 Member

May 18, 2002
    bergen county
    In the beginning of the season the offense couldn't connect with the net with any consistency. My hopes are riding high with recent play & goals by gaven, jorko, razov and guevara. They should be clicking in the second half of the season. The bad defence by wells, parke & agoss gave away the game to the revs. Hopefully bradley & lalas will make changes to bring the team up to champioship caliber. Bringing in meola could be a step in that direction. Bring home the hardware metros.

2. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    Bringingin in Meola is only gonna do so much. Life for a keeper must absolutely suck if your defenders spend half the game in lala land. As far as I can tell a lot of goals are more the defenders fault for leaving the keeper out to dry which is more often than not the case for the metros, not that some of those goals last night weren't Zach's fault.

Jeff Parke has just disappointed me though. I loved him last season and this season I don't love him so much. A couple times he's been at fault for goals by stopping or not paying attention or something.

3. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Agoos was the start of the last twenty minutes that sealed it for Metro. Gave up before the set piece even started, which led to the Heaps goal. Fatigue or not, he does not belong out there. Killed all the momentum that the offense had built, however luckily, just minutes prior. We lost mainly because we let the Revs back in, and that falls at the feet of Agoos.

4. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Where is the "all of the above" option?

5. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    You are all morons. Wells is clearly responsible for 2 goals, very likely the Heaps headball too for not coming out, and you blame Parke and Agoos?

6. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    Meola is probably not the answer. We might to accept the fact that we remain a flawed team with little chance of winning a MLS Cup. :(

7. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad, I wanted to blame him anyway...

8. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    O.k. we can all say that the very first goal is Zach Wells fault. But Seeing the list and seeing how the percentages are as well as reading what you are saying here M.I.A.G.

YOU ARE THE MORON THINKING THAT THIS IS ALL WELLS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Parke stops, looks at the ball. He never looked up, he never looked for a teammate, he never, ever, ever looks to continue to play the ball and boot it towards midfield. He stops completly and Ralston took advantage of it.

At least Zach Wells pulled his shorts up and played his butt off to help Metro get back into the match. You want an "All of the above" choice on the poll question, then you can put all three in.

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

They're all tied in the poll (at this time). That's so funny.

10. kgv2182

kgv2182 New Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Meola will bring some bight to the backline I think; that's a start. Even if he doesn't play much, you know he's going to be barking and getting on players to lift their game...that's always a plus. The Metrostars are a good team right now. I've actually enjoyed watching them play recently. I used to just watch because it was good to support the league, but it's now good soccer. We just to need to bolster our defensive third of the field and we're set.

11. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your handle is "Mathis is a God" and we're morons?

12. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    Sometimes good defense equals good offense from it.