Bad Chemistry?

Discussion in 'England' started by SetPeace, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read on the www.Football365.com website about the halftime bust-up between Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, and David Beckham in last week's qualifier in Belfast. How harmful is this to England's team chemistry? I know there a lot of international stars playing for a given side across the world, and one of the good or bad things a manager has to contend with it the makeup of a squad. From England's perspective, do players from abroad look down on those who play in a domestic league, or do the home guys look down on those who play on foreign soil? How much of a problem is it, and how much control does the team's manager have over it? It has to be tough to stroke so many egos and juggle the hurt feelings of those left off the team or left off the starting positions for a match. I know the U.S. was really looking forward to France '98 after they qualified, but prior to the tournament, some players were left off the team altogether, and some who had played in most of the qualifiers saw little time on the pitch. There was a lot of in-fighting over Steve Sampson's decisions, and it showed on the field. We finished last of the 32 teams. Is this Rooney-Ferdinand-Beckham thing something that English fans should be concerned about, or will it blow over and be forgotten prior to the home matches with Austria and Poland?

2. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However small it is its still too big of a problem for Stupid Sven to fix.

I wish the FA would just outright say "Chelsea, can we borrow 12 million pounds so we can fire Mr. Burns?" instead of slowly fining it away from us.

3. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hus mr burns?

4. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    lol read in a swedish blog today that the englishmen is just stupid to blame Sven for everything. England best success is almost 40 years old, and in a final were they scored a goal which was very debatable. They're just overrated he said. So true.

5. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No one really gives a shite what you read, oh, and Germany's equalizer was of side in the final. So please fúck off.

6. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you just gave a shite since you replied and was upset.

7. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I beleive the Germanys 2nd goal was offside?

8. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Btw nearly all countries put the blame on the manager, after France's horrible show in 2002 French people blamed there manager, Turkey didn't qualify for 2004 and the Turkish support blamed the manager for it.

At the end of the day, managers allways get the blame for it becuase they pick the players, pick the tactics etc..

but if someone says "it's the players fault they are not playing well and out of form" well the manager is picking the players who aren't playing well and out of from"

or "the tactic backfired" well the manager pics the tactic and will get the blame for it, it's just the way it is, at club football and international football.

9. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    same with korea. they lost on a useless wc qualifying game at home in which they already qualified beforehand and the people blamed the coach and he resigned before getting fired.

10. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004
    London
    I blame the rising cost of fuel - do you know how much it costs, to fill up a Hummer??? :(

11. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I couldn't give a shite what gormless arse holes like you think, I was just putting your pathetic ass in it's place.

12. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    more than i cud afford. £1.03 for a litre and theres a fuel strike!! dont hummers do abt 0.5mpg...

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Rooney has to change his attitude. how can he do that to veteran players whom he probably watched when he wasn't even pro. so disrespectful of him to do that to Becks and Rio. Although, i can kinda see why he was that way it was still wrong of him to act that way to his captain and club teammate.

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Telling McClaren to ******** off regardless of whether McClarren should, is definatly too far and really should be disciplaned.

16. Brainodo

Brainodo New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Hoboken
    And won 4-2.

Your point (other than the fact that gormless dribbling mongs with a chip on their shoulder can't do basic arithmatic)?

17. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Their goal was offsides you moron!! Mikey and Colm are correct. The problem is that you come in here talking smack about shite you don't even know about. I suggest you do you homework and inform yourself about facts before you come on an English board and talk shite.. Also, Sven is screwing the team up with his formation changing and personnel usage. These are the facts... As much as I want to see Sven go, I think if he will go back to the 4-4-2 formation, and not switch it up because of lack of confidence ... ie. Defoe not starting against Wales because Mikey O. was out, then he can turn this ship back the way it needs to be heading....

18. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am all for Rooney showing emotion in the game. If some of the other players played with the same fire and compassion to win as Rooney does, England would destroy teams... The problem that Rooney needs to address is to be smart about it, and know the limit that he can take that emotion to..... :)

19. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    you are always blaming the Swede because of your pathetic patroism. I guarantee that wouldn't be the case if the english team was runned by an englishman. Thank god my country isn't dirty and have a media which isn't blaming all the results on the coach and not the players.

Then I saw a first page montage of an english newspaper where Sven is about to get executed, that is SICK, what kind of monsters are you anyway? Football is a sport and that frontpage should never been made.

20. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did you not read the part of my post where I made the statement that Sven can turn it around with the proper formation change back to the 4-4-2?? Judging by your literacy skills, you probably missed it.

21. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ask Graham Taylor.

22. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    We are blaming sven because it is his fault the team is playing badly, patrotism is a good thing and like White riot said, just look at Taylor, Robson, Hoddle and Keegan.

Which is your country that is so great you have it displayed on your name? Come one you can tell us.

23. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    If you are Swedish then there are probably a few movies you should borrow from the local video store.

24. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's is some funny shite........ :)

25. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fvcking hell did you not see what happened to Graham Talyor, Glenn Hoddle or David Beckham

read my first post in this thread please, it will help you understand more.