'Backs in Atlanta Biz Journal

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by eric515, May 15, 2006.

1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of a rehashing of the article from a few months ago:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2006/05/15/focus4.html

The writer starts off in kind of general terms, about soccer teams being fly-by-night (really, should have stressed that is the case primarily in Atlanta).

Overall, a good article...and uses that fly-by-night thing to describe how the S-Backs owners are taking things slow, and would like to get to MLS someday.

I have to breathe a sigh of relief on that one. Personally, I think they are lukewarm to the I/O model MLS runs...and are waiting for that to be relaxed even moreso.

Obviously, having a visible facility like the new park will hopefully build demand, so they can have steady attendance once in MLS, as opposed to only in the honeymoon period, like many expansion teams.

2. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I don't think I had seen that article before...good stuff. It is becoming more and more clear to me that the Backs do indeed want to get into MLS at some point. This contradicts some arguments I've heard during the past few years.

This passage in particular is very exciting...once again, its proof that we need to support the Backs as much as we can if we want MLS to come to Atlanta.