Back to Work, KC vs C-bus pre game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our magic number also decreases when the team behind us loses points, so a Chicago tie would knock 2 points off our number or a loss would knock 3 points off.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wouldn't it have to be the number 9 team that has to drop points, aka C-bus/CO. Chicago holds the number 8 spot.

3. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're probably right....I'm so used to being in the last playoff spot over the past couple of years, actually having somebody behind us that is already holding the last spot is mind-boggling!

4. mikeinop

mikeinop New Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Hello Wizards fans.
    Obviously, I'm new here, and generally speaking, new to following the Wizards. I am planning to go to Arrowhead for the game tomorrow night with my wife and thought I would see if I could get some tips on the game experience. Is there anything worth getting there early for? Where is the place to sit? Best ticket option just to pay full price at the box office right before the game?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

5. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Mike, Welcome to Big Soccer and into the fold of Wizards Supporters.

As for pre-game stuff, we have a large tailgate before every home game. We are located in lot C10 (look for the big RV and the blue & white striped KC flag)and offer all you can eat for $5, and for this game there will also be a keg provided by a member (I believe that is $5 also, here is the thread about the keg: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598354). The menu for this weekends game is variations of Chili: no beans, with beans, vegetarian, all beans...here is the menu thread: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598734. Food service typically begin about 2 hours befor kickoff.

As for where to sit, it basicallt depends on what type of experience you are looking for. If you just want to relax and enjoy the game without being expected to "participate", then look into sideline reserved tickets. If, on the other hand, you guys are interested in a participitory experience, I would suggest getting tickets in The Cauldron. This is the Supporter section, we stand, sing, chant, dance, wave flags, throw confettie/streamers. This is where the party is located! If this sounds interesting, I would suggest contacting Sam Peirron at 913-387-3400 (just ask for Sam), this will get you a discounted ticket that you can pick up at the Will Call window at the stadium.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in here or PM me.

Robert

6. JROWE

JROWE Member

May 29, 2007
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW I think the magic number is 14, (I know one whole point different!) but I suck at math and I went to an engineering school and chose not to be an engineer, so I'm probably still wrong. :) Teams losing should bring that number down and tomorrow we'll have a little part in that.

7. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, one point is HUGE where we are concerned (see 2005 and 2006 playoff scenarios as reference)! I got that number from somebody who put together a playoff thread, so I wouldn't trust it 100%. As long as we get a win tomorrow, we pick up three points and maybe more if Chivas can get a favorable result before losing their first home game next week :D.