Back From Glasgow: Ireland Scotland, Celtic, and Rangers, What's the deal???

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Lawmill, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Lawmill

Lawmill New Member

I've just returned from a week-long holiday in Scotland and I have a few questions about Scottish football.

First off, why does Scotland have a much more prominent league than Ireland? Ireland is larger and produces more top players.

Second, what are the national affiliations of Celtic and Rangers? I visted Ibrox, Hampden, and several Celtic official stores and came away quite confused.

Celtic seems more Irish then Scottish. They are green and white, have clovers all over the place, and the stores played Irish music. Why is it like this? Shouldn't they be playing in Dublin or something?

In comparison, Rangers seemed like a Scottish time. Yet, the shop at Hampden had lots of Celtic stuff on sale, but very little from Rangers or Queen's Park. What's the deal here?

I'd just like to say that Glasgow, all the bits of scotland I visited for that matter, is a fantastic city. Glaswegians are incredibly friendly and I've yet to see a better place in the Isles. I did not want to return to London and Brighton.

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Both are Scottish clubs but Celtic (obviously) has an Irish connection.

See the "questions about Celtic/Rangers" thread in this forum for all the details.

And since you're in England just ask someone who knows football and I'm sure they can explain everything to you.

3. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
  4. JimmyEatSoccer

JimmyEatSoccer New Member

Aug 30, 2002
    UK
    Cuz Celtic are a pack of Irish wannabies who play in scotland!!!