Azzurrini news

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by O'Ghiattone, Nov 17, 2015.

1. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    I'm not optimistic about qualifying in 2026 but the crowd support for Italy will be intense in many of the host cities. Especially Boston, NYC, New Jersey, Toronto, Philly etc. Find a way

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    48 team tournament. If they don’t qualify, everyone in the federation needs to face the wall

3. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The jersey shore crowd. 210073-84162129ac8fef9488358c92fbc980c9.png

Midfield General repped this.
  4. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cambiaghi was the best Italy player on the U21 followed closely by Rovella. Of course he'll be stuck in B this season as usual. Pellegri doesn't do anythng for me..constantly yelling at his teammates when the ball doesn't go his way acting like he's Ronaldo or something and then squanders a beautiful through ball. Finish healthy for a single season and I'll be impressed...

Also like Okoli, Cambiasso and Parisi.

5. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    U19's start tomorrow and Gnoto and Scalvii were denied by their clubs. Would have been a legit contender with those 2 plus Miretti. Still a very good team that should at least make the knockouts and therefore qualify for the U20 world cup

calabrese8 and r0adrunner repped this.
  6. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    0:0 at HT against Romania in the group opener at the 2022 ECU20.

Italy just missed the finish in order to be in front, overall they are in control.

Watching at uefa.tv

7. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Big 2-1 win for the U19 Azzurrini.

Goals from Baldanzi (Empoli owned) and Volpato (Roma).

Baldanzi's goal looks to be a goal of the tournament candidate.

8. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, indeed.

It was a deserved win, but Romania were a tough opponent to score past, credit to them.

Italy look like they have another gear or two to move into, which probably will be needed when they face France on MD3 on Friday (France beat hosts Slovakia 5:0 yesterday).

9. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Baldanazi's goal was fantastic..he seems to be a nice prospect going forward. I was impressed with the Italy trident of Bald, Nasti and Ambrosino..they had a bunch of nice little quick interplays to setup the Azzurri for scoring chances but in true Italy fashion we were only to net 2 where it should have been 4 or 5. Casadei is also someone to watch going forward and also the defensive pairing of Coppola (who already has Serie A experience) and Ghilardi who is owned by Fiorentina

10. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another win for the U19's today vs Slovakia. 1-0 on a goal from Ambrosino (assist to Miretti).

Should be enough to seal a spot in the semis / the U20 world cup birth in 2023.

Thought Miretti was fabulous again today... the kid is going to be the real deal. Just a shame that Allegri's "corto muso" will probably hold him back a bit.

11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so if we are keeping track at home:

U17 - QF of the U17 euros

U19 - qualified U19 euro semis / Qualified for 2023 U20 world cup
    (without even Gnonto or Scalvini who were held back by their clubs)

U21 - qualified for 2023 U21 Euros

positive results all around. They are qualifying for everything across the board. Would like to see a deep run or two from the U19 and U21 next year... but regardless... the talent is there. wake the F up Serie A. need to start learning how to play, and cultivate the talent and help them transition to senior stars.

r0adrunner and johnny6 repped this.
  12. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    The U 19 is real solid imo. The backline of Coppola and Ghilardi are gobbling up space. Faticanti Fabbian and Cesadei in midfield are all very technically solid and then upfront either Miretti or Baldanazi along with Ambrosino are standouts. I see big things from Miretti and Baldanzini (hopefully he grows a few more inches) I'm impressed by Ambrosini every time i see him. He reminds me a bit of Petagna with more pace. Just does real well with link up play and holdup.

You have to think this team will be strong contenders at the U20 world cup when you add Scalvini and Gnoto next year.

calabrese8 repped this.
  13. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    The last 5-10 years all of our U teams have been having results like this even in the age groups where Italy traditionally didn't have success like U17 and U19. The problem is these kids are being wasted by their parent clubs and not making the leap to Serie A. If you look at the Italy team that finished 4th at the U20 world cup in 2019, only Scamacca, Pinamonti, and Frattesi are playing regularly in Serie A and that just started this year. Not much different with the 2017 U20 team with Barella, Pessina, Dimarco, Orsolini and Mandragora but not much else. Rest of the team is Serie B or C. These kids just get loaned out to death where they could be low cost homegrown options on their parent clubs but there is no patience in Serie A for that,

indestructible and calabrese8 repped this.
  14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As mentioned in the other thread, something happens between the primavera phase and the U21's where players get lost. Bad programming and loan deals to shitty teams with shitty managers will ruin players.

Side bar, Serie B this year will be the best it's been in a long time. Many hungry teams looking to come back to A. Might be a great environment for some young players to grow. Cremonese is a great example of a team that had a good formula. Very good young players on loan (Fagioli, Zanimacchia, Okoli, Gaetano) mixed in with veterans. We need more projects like this

calabrese8 repped this.
  15. Alex101

Alex101 Member

Mar 15, 2017
    They remind me of Pescara 10 years ago when they got promoted starting a very young Immobile, Insigne and Verratti.

LGRod and calabrese8 repped this.
  16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe not as offensive or fun to watch, but that is a good comparison. It's these kind of projects that make success.

Also interesting to note all three teams that got promoted this year have really good experts behind the scenes. Braida at Cremonese. Corvino at Lecce. And the Galliani and co. at Monza

17. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought the U17 result was a bit disappointing. They were clearly second best vs Germany and the Netherlands.

That being said the rest of the results have been good with the U19 and U21 teams so far. It'll be interesting to see how the U19 team does vs France.

18. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They had opportunities to equalise after falling 2-1 behind but by the end France were clearly superior and deserved the win by 4-1.

19. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Yup, Italy were denied an early penalty that would have been one had VAR been used, also hit the post. But France was clearly the better team especially in the second half. I do think this game will be different with the Italy A team next time around (if they make it that far)

Continue to be impressed with Ambrosino. His play on the ball is superb for his age and that assist to Volpato was awesome.

r0adrunner repped this.
  20. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The semi-final line-up - and with it automatic qualification for the 2023 under 20 WC - have been decided:

Italy-England
    France-Israel

Austria-Slovakia will decide the final UEFA team for Indonesia next year.

21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    job done IMO. at minimum was the goal to get the to U20 WC next year... and then see what we can do with hopefully Scalvini, Gnonto etc reinjected.

r0adrunner repped this.
  22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-0 so far on a penalty.

23. lt22677

lt22677 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 10, 2022
    #1023 lt22677, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Hi I'm a fan of the Azzurri and I follow the Italian youth championships and especially the youth national teams, I put the videos of some matches of the youth national teams to see the players at work
    France-Italy U16 (friendly full match)

Italy-Spain U16 (friendly full match)

24. lt22677

lt22677 Member

Napoli
    Italy
    Jul 10, 2022
    #1024 lt22677, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Torneo delle nazioni U15

Italy-Chile U15 (1 full match)

www.facebook.com/gradiscacalciogio...82195372865818/

Italy-England U15 (2 match 1 half)

Italy-England U15 (2 match 2 half)

Italy-USA U15 (full match semifinal put the video at 5:00 because first there is a piece of Italy-England)

facebook.com/UdineseTV/videos/live-italia-usa/993242731586802

Italy-Czech Republic U15 (final full match)

Let me know if I was right to post these videos and ask me what you want

PS: unfortunately I have a basic knowledge of English, so I have to rely on the google translator forgive me if you see any errors, I'm sorry

25. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Grazie fratello. Se vuoi.. puoi scrivere in italiano con noi!