AZT90IV Thread All AZT90IV posts go here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wayne Rooney is wearing the new total 90s against Chelski this morning. Lets hope he can score in them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

appleCORR

Same as the other sticky threads, all posts for AZT90 4's go here. This is the converted from the Rooney in AZT90 IIII thread.

2. Slateford

Slateford New Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Singapore
    Re: Rooney wearing AZT90IIII

nice boots. too bad he got injured ):
    3-0 T_T

of course by nice boots, i mean they actually look good.
    but somehow i still think they're fugly =/

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

They look a bit too childish to me, but I do like the blue which is used, HOWEVER, something much worse happened...Rooney has injured his foot/ankle, and he fell down in absolute pain straight away, and he was carrried off on a streatcher, with his boot off and ankle heavily strapped up! The commentators mentioned the little support new boot technology offers, but I feel sick...Rooney may miss the WC!!!:( I don't like the guy, but if e is injured, that is a collosal knock for England, and I actually will feel soooooo bad if this guy misses his first WC.

4. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

the thing is, unless they drastically changed this line of boots.. the III's had one of the best heel counters in terms of support, IMO.

that really is awful news, and I hope he's ok for the world cup, especially after the year he's had. Rooney just can't catch a break when it comes to major tournaments it seems.

5. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore

AHHHHHH i cant believe it.....

6. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004

D'OH!
    Rooney broke his foot in 2004 -- right when the AZT3's were released at Euro Cup.

I am hoping that history doesn't repeat itself. The announcers during the game today spoke of how much support and stability have been left out of the newest boots to keep them light!

7. mrfocus

mrfocus New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Montreal, Canada

For some photos of the game: http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...|0|0|53438423|0|0|0|0|0|||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=1
    There are a few of Rooney, but none showing the actual fall that injured him.
    It would definatley not be good for England at the WC.
    Hopefully Terry's injury doesn't get any worse, but he just wanted to keep on playing, albeit at the end, he was telling the others to not pass the ball to him. Losing Terry would be devistating to England too. Best of luck for recovering for both of them.

mrfocus

8. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York

CRAP!!! That would indeed be the second time that Rooney gets injured after wearing crappy new Nike boots!!!
    Here's the first time when he broke his foot in 2004:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I honestly believe that Nike spoiled England's chances to win Euro2004 back than... Check out how the AZT90III heelcounter collapes when somebody stepped on it. Would never happen with an Adidas boot!

9. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I can actually agree with you. I can easily bend the heel counter of Nike boots like the Vapor or AZT 90 II in all directions, while the Pulse will not bend down.

Another thing...both those players will probably not be in the WC, AND, Rooney was both times injured by a Portuguese player, this time Carvalho.

10. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

I've seen that picture tons of times, and I still don't get it. I couldn't get mine to do that with a hammer.

11. Blake19283

Blake19283 New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Orlando, Fl

In the article on PremierLeague.com it said he was injured by Paulo Ferreira.

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Ah, damnit, I got the names confused...yeah, it was definitely Ferreira! Cheers mate.;)

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Yeah when I first saw the Roon in those it did worry me, coz of what happened last time he started in new azt's, said as much to my mate whilst watching the game.
    And then when that ref. let the game get out of hand (Lamps crunching Cristi twice and getting away with it, Roon killing JT in his RoonVenge mode, I always figured it'd end up costing England! What a terribble day for football in this country, a premiership bought for the second season, and now the loss of The Roon. Can we forfeit our place and let Cameroon take it? I'd ratehr see them play than England sans Roon!

14. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I only wear Adidas boots and that has happened to me before.

15. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
  16. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

after reading that, I'm fully convinced that it's the design of nike boots that cause a broken foot, and not the tackle.

Beckham must've been wearing Nike's when he broke his foot before the 2002 World Cup, otherwise there is no possible explanation for it happening to him, since he's a walking Adidas billboard.

17. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York

Beckham broke his toe in an area of the boot that is supposed to flex:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sport/newsid_1923000/1923875.stm

Rooney broke his foot at the base of a metatarsal bone i.e. his midfoot. That can only happen if somebody steps on it and a stud breaks the bone on exactly that spot or if the boot flexes in an area that it's not supposed to...
    You can test it in your bootcollection or in the shops: Nike boots flex alot more around the midfoot than Adidas boots! And that is definitely a designflaw.

18. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

I think that my manias flex a lot more in that area than my azt90III's. I could probably fold them in half, if I cared to.

by no means am I sticking up for nike's line of boots, saying they're better than any other, or anything else. I just think it's ridiculous to say that it's simply the boot's fault. Michael Owen doesn't wear azt90's, yet it happened to him. Danny Szetela(Columbus Crew) wears Tunits, etc.

Three different boots, three different brands- same result. so does that mean that all of them are faulty lines, simply because 3 players have had injuries while wearing them, whereas hundreds, or thousands of others wearing them haven't had the problem?

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I think its just coincidence that he broke his foot while wearing new total 90s both times around. I think its a spot of bad luck and it could of happened at any time in the season in any pair of boots. I just hope he's fit for the WC.

appleCORR

20. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Bad Luck and Coincidence don't happen, it's all a grandiose conspiracy against me and all the things I want from life.......

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

well maybe this will lower the english ego for awhile...

22. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003

...We hope.

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Nothing will ever do that - lol. We 'think' we can win every major tornement that we play in .... yeah the big word there is 'think' - lol :rolleyes:

appleCORR

24. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

fa sho, we'll own you!

25. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Well, if Rooney hurt is foot, it is going to be weaker than normal. He hasnt exactly changed his brand of footwear, so...you get it?

I don't believe that you can blame these injuries on a particular brand, but I am saying that the Nike heel counters are weaker than Adidas.