Away to Wycombe [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by mst77, Jul 31, 2002.

1. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    25-yard Zola goal in the first half, a goal by Jimmy was ruled out immediately afterwards. The commentators say it's been rather boring...

2. The Year Was1955

The Year Was1955 New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Disappointing result

But these things can be misleading, Ranieri and the Italians always have the boys working 2 training sessions a day right about now, so they were probably well tired. Could explain the "unexciting" factor of the game.

We did turn the style on a bit towards the end though, getting close on what seemed 6 or 8 occasions, but couldn't find the net due to some good Goal keeping and bad finishing.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Back from me Hols

Just read up on what was goin on in the game.
    No papers or computers for the past week..notin except scantilly clad women, sand and booze.......oh..and the missus to keep it all in check :)

Not much to be upset about in this one as the score really doesn't count for anything, except maybe to the other team.Everybody came tru it without injury and thats what matters at this stage of the season as injury can happen so easily to untried muscles that have been idle for a few weeks.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Words from Ranieri

On the game...

Claudio said after Wednesday’s 1-0 win: “Sometimes we made mistake, but I understand everything because the players are very tired. We have a lot of control of the match, but in the second-half the ball went from the box to box too early.

“I am happy because I know how much they train. Now our training go down and it is very important to go quick and get that fitness.

“Jimmy wanted to play again (in the second-half) like Marcel, like Frank Lampard, but I prefer to reserve them because yesterday and also this morning they played very hard in the training ground.

“Jody Morris had been injured and now is better and I hope to increase his condition because he’s very important for the Chelsea in the future.”

Morris had come back from an injured ankle suffered in Roccaparena after just a day’s training to play the second-half. The good thing is that after his ankle operation earlier in the year, which kept him out of contention for the FA Cup Final, this injury did not resurrect the old one. “The ankle’s been sorted out and everything’s fine,” he said, “and I was just unlucky to get someone tread on it and a bad sprain. But because everything is all right it was only a couple of weeks and I was back in training again.”