Away @ RBNY: 5/20

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by 110toyourleft, Mar 20, 2010.

1. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have plans of traveling to the game? I would think about flying or traveling to Columbus and splitting the cost of travel.

2. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm interested in going if we were to get a bus or something together. The only problem is I'll be back at OU by then so I won't be able to make any plans until fall

3. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the game's in May

4. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh whoops totally spaced and saw the 5 as an 8. Same problem but with spring quarter instead of fall.

5. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going, pending the schedule of tests and projects for some of me and my brother's classes. Probably driving to and from New Jersey in 1 day! WOO!!!

6. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Planning on going and possibly making a 3 or 4 day weekend out of it and seeing the city.

7. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't think about going, but after seeing how sick the stadium looks, I'm seriously considering it.

8. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I would be looking to do (have a 10am meeting Friday I should really be back for), so consider me interested in carpooling.

9. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get back at ya as the date gets closer about carpooling to the game. Helps to have more than just 2 people because gas is cheaper and the drive back over night is easier with 3 drivers.

10. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am planning to go. No doubt. Love the acela.

11. Joedogsweetman

Aug 18, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Already requested off of work for it. Im going with a buddy

12. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'll be there.

13. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So currently OSUBowler and I are interested in going out Thursday and coming back right after the match, any others interested in such an adventure?

14. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That thing's got to be a transformer. It goes from train in Boston to submarine in Rhode Island! Anyone seen what the robot looks like yet?

15. Clutz

Clutz Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said submarine, not space shuttle. Astrotrain doesn't quite cut it.

17. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My brother has backed out of the trip due to school projects being due the Friday following the match. Right now it looks like just CrewBeat and I. This is going to be a fun match against what looks like an improved Red Bull team. You will only miss one day of work, and you can just go in couple hours late the next day (or just take Friday off to rest). Don't miss out!

18. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be back from Germany at the end of April so I might be making a road trip with some friends to this one. I'd like to see the new Red Bull Arena and maybe head into the city for a day or two and visit some friends.

I also wanted to see if I could get to a baseball game that weekend, to see either the new Yankee Stadium or Citi Field, but the Mets are playing the Yankees in the Subway Series so you can forget that.

It'd be nice to see at least 10-20 Crew fans make the trip. I can't really commit yet, but I'm certainly looking into it. I'm trying to make at least one or two road trips this year. Going to see this match would really be great.

19. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should know this week if a bus trip is going to be planned for NY. Blake and I are trying to schedule a meeting with La Turbina to confirm that this is one of the trips they would like to do.

20. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clem I'm interested. I should be able to do a quick down and back. That way I can save as much money as humanly possible.

21. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must spread Transformers rep.... boooo

22. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm gonna be there +1 or maybe 2. I'm planning on making a weekend out of it though since I haven't been to the city in almost 10 years.

23. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do it!!!!

24. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's a bus, I think I'd be interested in that. If it's an up back, I assume you guys would do that, no? Otherwise, I'd be interested in occupying a seat in the LFC/Crewfan overnight convoy. I'm not exactly in a hurry to get back as I won't be working that Friday, but if that works then I'm all for that.

25. kmmc

kmmc Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's one of the things we need to work out with La Turbina. They usually like to return right after the match. A couple of us made the trip to NY last year in a van and it was about a 10 hour drive with a couple of stops. When you have a bus full of people the stops tend to take longer.

We originally discussed possibly leaving Columbus between 10:00PM Wednesday and 12:00AM Thursday driving through the night. That would put us into NYC early Thursday morning and give people a chance to see a little of the city. We would impose quite hours on the bus through the night and not distribute booze until the morning.

We would look at staying the night Thursday night after the match with a departure for Columbus first thing Friday morning.

These were all preliminary ideas