Away game viewing party 8/3

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Little Mac, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Fresh from my inbox!

:)

LM

++++++++++++++++++++++

Join the Spirit!

AWAY GAME VIEWING PARTY

Saturday, August 3rd @ 4 pm vs. Philadelphia Charge

Come watch the SPIRIT live on COX 4 at SEAU'S in Mission Valley!

- Trivia challenges!

- Great Spirit prizes!

- Awesome atmosphere!

- Seau's Restaurant is conveniently located in Mission Valley Center right off Interstate 8 at 1640 Camino del Rio North #1376. Take I-8 to Mission Center Rd. and make a right at the first light onto Camino del Rio North. You'll see Seau's in between Robinson's May and Bed Bath and Beyond. For more information on directions, call Seau's at 619.291.7328 or go to www.mapquest.com.

- Look for Spirit fans when you get to the restaurant!

Follow the SPIRIT on Channel 4 San Diego
    For more information, call 619.692.9872 or log on to sandiegospirit.com

Watch the WUSA on PAX-TV every Saturday at 1pm PT (April -August)

2. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Thanks for posting this Little Mac. I definitely plan on attending this next viewing party on Saturday.

I went to my first away game viewing party at Seau's last Saturday after having attended all of the earlier viewing parties at Sports City Cafe and I have to agree that it was an awesome atmosphere!! The trivia questions were a lot of fun and Tsunami and I even managed to answer two of them correctly and win a couple of very cool Inaugural Season t-shirts. :)

3. Little Mac

Little Mac New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Congrats!

That's awesome that you won a prize -- way to go!

It seems like the fans on this board have a good time at the parties... over at the WUSA Spirit boards, there's a guy bashing the parties.

Maybe we just know how to party better over here? ;)

LM

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Away game viewing party 8/3

At previous viewing parties I've also won a towel and a couple of last season's ball caps (the ones with the logo on the front.)

5. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Spirit Debut

The August edition of "In the Spirit" is set to debut on 03 August, right before the live broadcast of the team's game in Philadelphia. Maybe those of us that go to the viewing party can get Seau's to show that if we arrive early...

6. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though there was that 45+ minute thunderstorm delay, everyone had a good time (considering that the team fell apart in the second half.)

Partly, that was because of the delay. Channel 4 played the 15 minute preseason promo tape first, then the entire 30 minute "In the Spirit" August edition tape. All of the segments were great, but the one that cracked everyone up with 'Shauna the Window-Washer!' :)

And I won another inaugural season t-shirt (this time it was a large instead of the extra-large that I won the week before.)

One of the Seau's waitresses who helped out at an earlier viewing party came to stay with us at half-time (her shift had ended.) She had enjoyed the game that time, and how us Spirit fans acted - and wanted to support the team.

Anyway, hope that there are viewing parties for every game next year (in part, because that would mean that every game would be televised - I still can't figure why Atlanta, a Cox affiliate, can't have next Wednesday's game shown.. :( )

7. Little Mac

Little Mac New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Cool!

Congrats on winning -- again!!!

LM