Away game(s) idea for all supporters

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by craighwk, May 24, 2011.

1. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously away games aren't as fun since nothing beats going to a game, so there's less enthusiasm for them. There has been debate regarding the multiple viewing parties and everyone seems set in that regard, but my idea is this:

I assume the heads of the Rapids SG's are in some form of contact with each other. How about set several games a season where we ALL go to the "Official Rapids Viewing Party", wherever that may be. Make it a big deal, treat it like a home game (as much as we can), encourage everyone to come out. That way we get to hang with each other as well as support the Rapids "at home" (the bar).

I personally wouldn't mind seeing us do this once every month or two. At the very least, once or twice a season. If we can be in the same place at real home games, I see no reason why we can't be in the same place for a few away games. :)

2. Hoolie Dave

Hoolie Dave New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Craig, as you see in my other post, we actually had decided a plan to a couple combined parties, but it fell apart as groups got a little too busy on other things and communication/planning hadn't been done in time to make sure it was successful, so we reverted back to just having parties elsewhere.

There is a slight challenge in doing it at the "official" viewing party locations though. I have personally asked for a list of all the upcoming officially viewing parties and was told that they are still amending the list. This means we only know within the week before what the location is, and if by chance it turns out to be a location people are not too thrilled with (like driving to Aurora, or going to a place that is too small or whatever) then we wouldn't get a good turnout. We the Pid Army think it would be super fun to some time just bumrush one of these parties, or even possibly the Bulldog, and take the place over, sing some songs and such.

Anyway, due to this, we've just made the decision to go ahead and set up our parties at places we like that seem to want to support us and see how it goes. We like changing it up, keeping things fresh. We absolutely have no future agreements with any bar that we are their "home bar" or anything. We just plan things out game to game. We are lucky enough to have found some places where the owners are very supportive, so we tend to go there more often and give them our support (we've said from the beginning, we want to support establishments that treat us well).

As seen in other post, we have discussed that we will soon identify some new target dates to do some combined parties this year and have a little fun with it.

FYI, we've got a big combined party coming up, IN PORTLAND:), where we will all party together for the entire weekend. Can't wait!

3. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on. Yah I posted this yesterday and then almost immediately saw that this was something that was/is/has been discussed. :)

Bummer that they are tricky to plan. I guess it's not just as easy as saying let's go! Anyway, thanks for the reply.

4. Hoolie Dave

Hoolie Dave New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to say I appreciate your always coming up with positive ideas to make things better. It is tricky though to implement them as you can see, as there are so many personalities involved as well as all these bars with their own agenda, the stadium isn't built to help us, etc. It is at times ridiculous so all we can do is try and move forward as best we can to make it fun for everyone under the circumstances. Because really, that is what it is about, fun, right? We should NEVER forget that this is about having fun and supporting the team, not who is bigger, what bar makes the most money, or even what the front office wants. It is about having a lot of laughs. Cheers