Award recognition poll

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How should the team and its official supplier, Puma, recognize the team's past achievements?

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Patches and banners are fine and highly encouraged.

A star for every 5 or 10 MLS Cups wouldn't be a bad thing. Individually, it sucks and looks dumb.

If we do at some point add stars, they should be of the Chicago flag-style 6 pointed variety.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I like the idea of a patch for the Open Cup victory. I also think we shouldn't put a star on our uniform until we have one at the very least 5 MLS cups, if not 10. One star is pure stupidity. What will it be like in 20 years when we've won 12 MLS cups? 1 star for every 5 or 10 is fine. No recognition for the Supporters Shield on the uniform. A banner should be made or perhaps a flag can be flown or something. Of course all three accomplishments (should we get the third) should be pimped highly on the website, advertisements and anything else off the field.

4. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Andy Richter sez: Appropriate!

How about something for the fans? T-shirts ... I would buy. An Open Cup patch... I would purchase. or, the ever-elusive, oft-referred to, always-in-demand:

CHICAGO FLAG ALTERNATE JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Andy Richter sez: Appropriate!

That would be unbelievably awesome!

6. Jeremy Goodwin