Avila possible loan to Atlas

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Quills, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Quills

Quills Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Richardson
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess there's the answer..

Mixed on this one, glad to see him hopefully get playing time, glad to see him still on the roster for the upside..

3. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    So correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall any instances of a player loan freeing up a roster spot. Like Castillo in Chicago, he is still on their roster, just not his salary (supposedly). The wording of possible loan is a bit odd to, why send out any details unless this is sewn up? I have to believe the expectation is they pay his salary in full, plus maybe a little of extra to go to allocation funds, with the buy price at the end of the trial is lowered a bit. Maybe not though.

I think this is a good move for him, his game simply doesn't suit the American style. He is all technique and skill, with limited overall athleticism, meaning he can't run and run for days or at a particularly high rate. I actually like those traits about him, but this league is run by guys who would rather see a two way work horse than an all out attacking player. I think his game will translate nicely to Mexico where they give players much more time on the ball, and teammates make more dynamic runs. And no one will say well he didn't work too hard tracking back on defense.

4. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Man, I wish him well. He is not getting enough playing time here.

5. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    I agree with the above. I think Avi's game is ideal for MFL, and I think he will rock there. It is a shame that we have a league structure that is so quirky. Here, you can't put a player like Avila on the field for extended minutes, or he will expose you and you will get torched. However, if we happened to meet up with a Mexican team in CCL, a player like Avila would expose us and we would get torched.

Maybe Bob Bradley is right in hating MLS for NT player selections?

6. germ75

germ75 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw a post that showed he's back in Dallas. I don’t know if that's temp, or what it means, seems strange…

7. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Yeah, saw that too. Sounds like deal is dead. Too bad for Eric.

8. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely this is good as they will need him with all the games coming up.

10. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    This smells funny to me. From the SH interview, it implies that it simply was a matter of paperwork. But these moves don't end abruptly because of paperwork, if the i's and t's were issues, those would be ironed out and move completed. I wonder if Dallas tried to pull a fast one on this, either with % of salary they would pick up, or maybe Atlas simply thought it was a trial, and FCD thought it was a loan.

11. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I don't think this one is quite dead yet...

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Some food for thought: Maybe FCD pulled the plug on this at the last second because they got a good offer from another MLS side?