Av8tor Sighting??

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Offebacher, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone remember our Compadre Av8tor from Season 1? From Costa Rica originally I believe. I think the last game he attended with us was the College Station Game against Puntearenas. After that he went to Thailand (??) or somewhere in that part of the world.

Anyway, has not been seen or heard from since his departure either in Person or on the Boards here. If you look carefully at the Comments on Bernardo's Blog from the last few days, you see someone signing Av8tor on some of them. Same guy or Anderson with a new sig?

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me. IIRC, av8tor wasn't himself from Costa Rica, but was married to a Tica and ran a business there for some time.

3. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I was not sure just that there was some connection to Costa Rica. He was a regular at the games and somewhat on the boards before his departure and after he left it was like he was on that Oceanic flight.

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect that he'll just re-appear at some point and ask, "Where have y'all been?"

5. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think that's the same Av8tor. He posted something the other day on Bernardo's blog about seeing the games in Hawai'i at 1:30 in the afternoon and on a holiday. 12:30 am would be 1:30 pm in Thailand and Thursday, March 21, is Makha Bucha Day in Thailand.

6. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Plot thickens, must be the same guy. Now if we can only convince him to start our TA/EB Merchandise Machine, we could have some pretty cool stuff made.

7. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    It's me!!!! Angel flyin' low to the ground.

Still in Thailand...finish up school next week and will be hanging around ere, and probably moving up to Bangkok in the next couple of months.

Been following the Orange thru Bernardo and th occassional Sopcaster (Thanks to the Toronto fan for the cup game). Since I'm 12/13 hours ahead (daylight time is 12), the neighbors weren't real pleased with the noise and smoke at 2AM.

Besides being known as Land of Smiles, it's also Land of Copy. Whatever's on the list for the next campaign, let me know. I've got a couple ins with shirt and jersey makers. I'll check scarves. Any other ideas for geegaws, let me know.

I'm worried about the forward situation immediately. I want that CCC so I can sneak off to Japan in December and represent.

Congrats to the new TA officers...and a special hello to Anderson,Offe for calling me out on the Chron, and El Narajana. And Nobius...I keep trying to move my pin on the map but it ships me back to California.

I'll hit BS more regularly now that I've got net access. And help me out with those Sopcasts...the Hawaiian game is 1:30 PM on a holiday here.

8. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Welcome back Av8tor. Now send pics of the local hangouts :p

9. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Good to see you again :)

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back!

11. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see you back on the boards.

Always nice to see you can leave the Orange, but the Orange never leave you.

12. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais
    Don't wanna run afoul of the German mafia, so Offe or Schwabe, send me a good detailed scudetto photo or scan.

I know there's a lot of traditionalists here, but anyone open to the idea of SILK scarves?

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    That could work for decoration but I don't think they'd fair too well at games with the amount of sweat and beer that ended up on mine last year.

Oh, and good to see you back around.