Authentic/Fake shirts - worried your shirt is fake? ask here.

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by appleCORR7, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what up dude, I have recently seen a TON of fake jerseys US WC 2014 jerseys. This years Nike Match jersey do not have the T-Bars on the shoulders. If you have the jersey already check the inside washtag, if the tag is really long and has like 3 or 4 flaps with NIKE EUROPEAN OPERATIONS printed on it, it is most likely fake. If it has a small one flap washtag and a tiny little tag with a nike swoosh on it and a 6 digit code with a - there is a chance it s authentic. if it has a code type that code into google as appears with NIKE (ex: nike 123456-123). Next make the sure the jersey is unfolded and nice flat and look the sleeves, the sides and the hem of the jersey. The sleeves should naturally be angled downwards about 45 degrees and not be sticking straight out. Check the sides of the jersey and make sure they have the ventilation holes, if the shirt has 10 sets of holes look at the shape of the sides. Authentic match jersey have sides of the jersey curve in and give the shirt almost an hourglass shape down the sides. Next check if the shirt has splits at the hem, if they are not split then you have a fake jersey. Next The hem should be perfectly straight and not curved or bib shaped. Also check the Nike tag on the front, it should be a long rectangle with reflective silver decorations the says "AUTHENTIC FOOTBALL 2014".

2. IMK13

IMK13 New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the quick reply. Everything looks good on this jersey minus the washtag and the nike tag on the front. The washtag has 3 flaps with one having the date 2012/01 on it. Behind those 3 is the small tag that has this code on it Nike 518730-703. Google says its a 2013 Brazil Naymar though.

The Nike tag on the front has this (left to right) on top AUTHENTIC then the SWOOSH and underneath (left to right) 000167113 2014. All of the coloring on the tag looks good though.

Hopefully this thing isn't a fake but I'm not feeling to confident after googling that code.

3. SOCCERMARINE

SOCCERMARINE Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch, after reading this I'm about 99% you got ripped off. The incorrect code is a dead give away that is fake, for the Nike US 2014 Away match jersey should be 578023-657. There also should not be a 3 flap tag on it.
    I've seen some of these fake jersey go for about 250$. I don't how much you spent for the jersey but if yu spent more than 50$ for it i would ask for my money back. If the seller refuses then threaten to report him to ebay for selling counterfeit/not as described products.

4. IMK13

IMK13 New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm right with you on thinking this thing is fake. I paid $100 for it so I'll definitely be contacting this guy about a refund. Thanks for your help.

5. IceZ

IceZ New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. Diaby2AFC

Diaby2AFC New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I bought the new Arsenal Puma kit on eBay from a US seller. It was 2 days after the release.

It was the only one with a women's XS size. Not even Arsenal direct USA or Eurosport had this size in stock.

I'm just wary on why this low feedback seller had these and not even the official Arsenal store didn't.

It arrived and seems legit based on the little I know of it.

Can fakes be produced fast enough soon after the release date?

7. Caetano

Caetano New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #107 Caetano, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just grabbed this 2014 US away jersey with Donovan printed on it. Unsure now if it is authentic . Seeking help.

Details
    1) made in thailand (brothers away replica says sri lanka)
    2) Has 10 lines of ventilation holes 4-3-2-1
    3) The authentic tag has 2014 stitched in black and gold rather then black and silver.
    4) the sleeves do point downwards at about 45degrees.
    5) Has 4 wash tags inside with a little nike style code piece that looks partially cut
    6) My home stadium jersey says made in sri lanka. My netherlands jersey from nike says made in bangladesh.

8. Carbonyle

Carbonyle New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Definitely fakes? Was tempted to try but I'm worried my infos would end up in the wrong hands, even if I receive a nice knock off. I've been trying to get a centennial US jersey for months now......

9. Josh Holliday

Josh Holliday New Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  10. haggis823

haggis823 New Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    do you guys think this is a real or fake web site???

idfootballdesk.com

11. IMK13

IMK13 New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Tinho

Tinho New Member

Corinthians
    Jul 26, 2014
    Soccer
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #112 Tinho, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    I have two AC Milan fans issue jersey from 2011. One with Ibrahimovic 11 on the back, & one with Inzaghi 9 on the back. Both are size xl, & both are almost identical. I finally tried on the Inzaghi 9 last year after having it sit in my closet for 2 years, and a problem occurred when I washed it by hand. The 'Fly Emirates' text & the Inzaghi name set peeled off almost immediately. I almost never wore the Ibrahimovic jersey, as I worried that the same thing would occur. All this led me to believe that I had bad quality fake jerseys.

Here are some pics, see if you can figure it out:

IMG_5147.jpeg

The hologram looks different, like there's a few bobbles on it.

IMG_3959.jpeg

It looks different because of the lighting, I think it's the right shade of red.

IMG_3026.jpeg

The ClimaCool logo falls off. It falls off regardless. I only wore it a few times, and everything started to fall off before I even washed it. Luckily I could still iron everything back on (except the ClimaCool).

IMG_3392.jpeg

A closer look at the Ibrahimovic 11 customisation. There are still wrinkles after I re-ironed it on.

IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg

As you can see, the size peeled off. It was a mens size XL, it fit me more like a dress (that is another problem, sizes run really big). The AC Milan badge is embroidered & so is the adidas logo.

13. Tinho

Tinho New Member

Corinthians
    Jul 26, 2014
    Soccer
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have even more pictures:

IMG_1741.jpeg

The Série A league patch should NEVER look like that. Not even on a replica.

IMG_9294.jpeg

The Inzaghi 9 had a different AC Milan logo, like the 'ACM' font was different.

IMG_1725.jpeg

Look guys I am sorry for uploading so many large pictures, I am trying to explain myself as best as I can with details.

Anyways, I do not even think the white on the sleeves is even supposed to be that thick.

Meat & potatoes, I compared this possible fake to the Inzaghi 9, which was a definite fake. The colours on the Inzaghi 9 were darker, everything also peeled off, there was more pulls, and the text on the back of the collar was a different font. So what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

14. JDRH

JDRH New Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tinho repped this.
  15. Tinho

Tinho New Member

Corinthians
    Jul 26, 2014
    Soccer
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #115 Tinho, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Looks great! Here's a tip: on Chinese fake jerseys, you get an extra green tag that says 'considered design'. Even on the Chinese 'replicas' (not 'player version'), these tags exist.
    Hope this helps!

16. jerrymexes

jerrymexes New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi guys i am a new member here i do have a few ways to verify authentic jersey pls visit my facebook page. Sg soccer jersey fannatics. Tks

17. AkkaKenji8

AkkaKenji8 Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
  19. J 10

J 10 Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Are you serious? o_O The shirt doesn't even have the Adidas logo :ROFLMAO:

20. golazo_usa

golazo_usa Member

Oct 2, 1999
    You should also check at the brand's logo when it is sewn, to see if there is continuous stitching
    between the letters. e.g., the letters in adidas should NOT be connected together.

All the real (Adidas) jerseys do not have the letters connected.

Also check the team logo for details like stars to see if they are fully stitched and have consistent shapes. Some real
    bad fakes from China had missing threads in the stars (e.g., Inter Milan).

Most of the fakes can be easily identified, but the real good ones that you cannot distinguish from real
    are likely gray market shirts produced for the local markets with inferior materials. I've been to Thailand
    and Mexico and seen local pricing from legit retail stores (not stalls on streets), and nobody there charges
    $70 - $80 USD as the locals cannot afford to buy them.

Just like the college textbooks made in India for the locals ('Eastern Economy Edition') that are priced at a fraction of the selling price in the US college bookstores. Those who took Comp Sci courses know what's up ;-)

21. SoccerBoi10

SoccerBoi10 New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. ito480

ito480 New Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  23. reallymadrid

reallymadrid New Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anybody. In. Nyc. A real Madrid. Fan?
    Want a brand new Sergio. Ramos official. Pink long sleeve size medium jersey
    Message me if interested. Must come get it
    Kbonswa@aol.com

24. MILEMIL

MILEMIL New Member

Feb 6, 2015
    If you prefer the quality and comfort rather than design, discover MILEMIL young French brand that has developed leather soccer shoes high quality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Er1c25

Er1c25 New Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Hi everyone! Unfortunately, I unknowingly purchased a counterfeit jersey from eBay. Luckily, however, the seller refunded me my entire costs (probably because of the legal-sounding language I used). I will say that I do know I was lucky in that the seller resolved the issue rather quickly, as eBay's customer service is overseas, and they clearly don't have a good procedure in place for dealing with counterfeit goods that circulate on their site.
    Anyway, before I dispose of the shirt, I thought I'd take some side-by-side photos of the jersey next to a legitimate shirt. My legitimate shirt is a youth-size, so the scale of the badge and sponsor a slightly smaller. However, the comparisons still stand, as I'm sure will be verified by other users here.

I hope the pictures help others in their quests to attain their respective club shirts! If you find a seller, definitely have them take pictures of the following attributes, and it should limit your risk.

I'm accustomed to seeing counterfeit goods, having lived in different countries. I will admit, this one was actually a pretty impressive attempt in forgery. Things like the fabric pattern was actually weaved-in and not cheaply printed (as you might expect from other fakes). However, it's still a counterfeit and honestly, I can't think of a scenario of when I'd want to wear it.

[​IMG]
    This bag might actually be real, but I'm not after the bag.

[​IMG]
    The Adidas embroidered logo should be centered with the club logo, but only with shirts that are in this similar layout.

[​IMG]
    This was actually the most impressive part of the counterfeit. As most will confirm, the legitimate hologram is one solid piece. The counterfeit was more like a rubber frame with a sticker underneath.

[​IMG]
    This was harder to spot. The connecting threads were one-thread thick.

[​IMG]
    Don't forget to look for the serial number!

[​IMG]
    Take a close look at the positioning of the "cool".

[​IMG]
    Just another example of the lack of quality.

[​IMG]
    This one is tricky. Sewing machines use two threads - one that will show on one side, and one that shows on the other. Adidas feeds their machines so it will be white on the stripes, and red underneath. This is just a detail that you're paying for with a legit shirt. The counterfeit shirt is just a product of cutting corners, just using white thread for both sides.

[​IMG]
    Is it just me, or are the stripes not even the same thickness throughout?

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure that stuff is called 'webbing', but it shouldn't be there - again, another detail you're paying for.