Austrian Green Party politician accuses Iran president-elect of murder

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by BenReilly, Jul 3, 2005.

1. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L02381096.htm

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting bit about Arnold. Is this guy Pilz a kook, or is it normal Austrian policy to revoke the citizenship of native Austrians who dissagree with Austrian laws?

3. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Probably just a publicity stunt. Demand something silly and controversial and you get some headlines. They aren't taken seriously now so they are willing to try stunts. Or vice versa.

As Iran has said earlier this and the hostage claims are all part of the international Jewish conspiracy attempting to discredit their new President. It is well known that the Austrians have long been pawns.......um.....well maybe that logic falls through here.

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The story is baseless. The source for the "allegation" is an Iranian dissident" in France. These folks are just running a smear campaign, working with what is ultimately the totally opposite side of the political divide, and regretably often finding fools on the left to fall for their nonsense.

When it comes to Iran, both the left and the extremist right make the Bush administration look reasonable by comparison! Even though a lot of the smears ultimately originates with the same hands behind the scene, the Bush administration at least has to try to maintain a minimum level of credibility. These folks come with stories that the National Inquirer would have to reject, except they are giving a platform and "average Joe" will make up his mind regardless of the facts.

Already, Iran's president elect is, in the minds of "average Joe", one of the "terrorists" who took US diplomats hostage. Although the pictures show the opposite, that part of the story never gets the notoriety nor the attention the initial allegations get. By the time these folks are finished, the guy will be accused of child molestation, rape, murder, to top the image of him as a religious zeolot (not really true) and hardliner (somewhat true in the context of Iranian foreign policy).

Well, the good thing for him is that he doesn't have to stand for reelection outside of Iran. In Iran, he will be judged by what he does during his presidency, and not these allegations that have arisen sympathy for him from even his rivals in Khatami's outgoing government, denouncing the smear campaign against Ahmadinejad as an American and Israeli plot.

5. Mikeshi

Mikeshi New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Jasper,Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. I am glad someone is backing me up on this smear campaign idea. I can see Bush prostrated before his Jewish puppetmasters now in their smear planning meeting.

JPM: We have to get something on that Ahmadinejad and it has got to stick better than the hostage claims.

GWB: I know. We can get that nutbag Green Party leader from Austria, Peter Pilz, to make some wild accusations about assasinations. He's always making wild statements so people will surely believe him.

JPM: Is he one of ours.

GWB: No, but we are both Masons, Skulls, and Tripartites so he would never turn away a brother.

JPM: Excellent. Excellent. Get to it now Jr., but don't let the Monitor get wind of it. He'll see right through it and foil our plans to destroy Iran. He knows that once Iran falls the world is ours.

GWB: Thank you most gracious and honored masters. I will make it so. Goodbye.

JPM: Hold on GB. Say it.

GWB: Awww do I have to.

JPM: Say it.

GWB: Jesus wore women's underwear. Awww man. Can I go now.

JPM: Good. Good. Yes he did. And yes you can go.

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't believe he's a child molester.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002

http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,12858,1520533,00.html

8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    It's possible that the new Iranian president won via populist appeal on economic rather than political issues. Iranians elected the last president to support his promise of reform. After 8 years without sufficient improvement in their judgement, they have thrown in their lot with another approach.
    People forget how popular Huey Long was in Louisiana with his "every man a king" appeals to the poor. He wanted a guaranteed income to all. He was assassinated. http://www.sec.state.la.us/60.htm http://www.ssa.gov/history/hlong1.html

9. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Didn't Mohammed marry a 12 year old girl, or something like that...

10. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (1) An outspoken Austrian politician has accused Iran's newly elected president of aiding the 1989 assassination of a Kurdish opposition leader in Vienna, the Interior Ministry said on Saturday.

(2) the ministry said it was not investigating the charge.

Isn't this the beginning and the end of this story, Ben?