'Australia's AFC membership must be revoked'

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by left-footed-redded, Dec 10, 2006.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, great job on being adults on the first 3 pages. No more bullshit like the bullshit MVFC and ruud bought here.

Now my opinion on the matter. I have absolutley no problem with Australia being in the AFC. But they arent Asian, so,... I dont know, its OK I guess, I just find them out of place, and I dont think its something I'm gonig to get used to soon.

2. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    And we weren't islanders in Oceania like the Solomans, and Vanuatu or whatever?? So if we dont belong in asia, that means we don't belong in Oceania... So do we make our own confederation? lol

3. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
    In my opinion, break up the AFC. :D

4. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    lol nah, the others will just have to learn to play with australia. It's just a football confederation.. doesnt mean we are actually being converted to asians

5. moqool

moqool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    You make a good point. I really hope Australia plays with its first team from now on. I hate seeing them lose to Kuwait, and then make Kuwaitis think that their team is good.

If Saudi Arabia could crush Kuwait 3-nil, I'm pretty certain that Australia's first team could walk over the Blues with a 5 or 6-nil win. :cool:

6. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    to be honest magool, i dont mind a loss every now and then against a weak opponent especially when its just a dead rubber.. the big games are what count

7. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney
    I think you would find that Sheikh's comments were in reference to the World Cup Qualifiers and not the Asian Cup

But I do agree with your opinion in your last paragraph - there is not point in pointing the finger at another country. The best and only way to ensure Kuwait has a presence in the international football community is to improve the performance of the Kuwaiti NT.

8. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    So what if Australia plays in the AFC. I couldn't care less where they played as long as there was plenty of action and passionate football. Thats what matters. Bring on Asia!

9. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Coming runner up is hardly an a$$ whooping and our youth coach Ange costalopalopalopalopalopalou is THE worst youth coach ever and Craig Foster gives his "seal of approval" on that. We have a great youth side and some good players coming up through the ranks, we just need a decent coach which we never really had until Hiddink came long. Oh and by the way after our World Cup performance most Aussies now either respect or actually follow Football which rarely happened before. In fact post WC attendances at Australian games both at home and abroad are staggering and some records even being broken. Most Aussies nowaways don't see Football as a joke. The only thing they see as a joke, being new to the sport is excessive cheating, diving and players pretending to injure themselves.

10. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHa

Just to get you straightened up. The asians aren't afraid of the Australians. And if we were, u guys wouldn't be in the Asian cup at all. That's your proof right there that the Asians aren't afraid of the socceroos. We have the sons of the desert, The blue samurai, The Taegukk warriors and team melli ( i think the iranians should change their nickname to something classy, but that's another topic).

So bring all the heat you can to Asian cup 2007, because we will gladly pay you back the favor.

11. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    BRING IT ON LADIES! :cool: :p

12. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I am afraid but the ladies this time have to be you guys. And we don't like woooooooooooooooooooooing the soccerrrrrrrooooooooooos.:D

Oh yeah we will bring it on. But you ladies should be capable enough to get it on. (Ah!!!!! poetry at its finest. Shakepeare gonna be proud of me.)

13. These are some lame rivalries...

14. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    nice try but no prize for second best. ;)

15. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney
    Go Craig Foster!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. AussieLionHearts

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
  17. TheHiddinkEffect

TheHiddinkEffect Red Card

Oct 10, 2006
    I eat Corn Flakes.

18. i_hate_scams

i_hate_scams New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    australia should join UEFA.

AFC is crap anyway

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Imagine the flight times for teams heh;)

20. futuremelvicstar

futuremelvicstar New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    We are improving the quality of the AFC region thats how the AFC should look at it.

21. Zaphkiel

Zaphkiel Self-hating Asian

Mar 3, 2005
    ZOMG NONE!!!11
    it was improving anyway.

Your insertion into the AFC has nothing with teams becoming better.

You have just added more competition, and maybe expediated the process.

22. USArmySoldierMP

USArmySoldierMP New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Riverside CA, USA
    AFC let Australia in so the AFC must deal with it! Kuwait should face the facts, Australia beat them because they suck! Plain and simple! and the sheik is just hating because they wont get into the Asian cup or the World cup anytime soon but Australia might

23. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Kuwait did register a deserved win against us in qualifying. Its just that they stuffed up against Bahrain. We did the rightb thing by the Kuwaitis when we beat Bahrain twice. A shame Kuwait couldn't manage it once.

24. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think it's bin hamam who want Aussies to join AFC, let's wait and see what will happen if the Arab football confederation got a new boss

25. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    there shit, Korea are the only Challenge.