Australia vs Japan LIVE and PBP thread - AIM Chat Info [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Ombak, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah. he didnt look particularly confident on the play. the ball was just a really good cross. it's was done from so far out too. hung up there in the air for a while. maybe this is another example of the crazy teamgesit.

yeah i just saw it again on my dvr. takahara didnt even know where the ball is. pretty poor defending since there were 3 aussies there. but still. foul and im surprised at this call.

2. i_hate_scams

i_hate_scams New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    that was a disgrace, allowing that goal.

the refs are paid to do a job, so why don't they...

3. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    it is w/ a gk. he gets bumped in any way going for the ball, it gets called. even if in doubt it gets called.

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i think this is fine if it is inside the penalty area. that's fine and the keeper is more or less fair game. but it was inside the keeper area and he should be given extra protection there. yeah the keeper went out and bundled into Nakahara. but i think Nakahara did the same to the keeper. they were going towards each other...just didnt know the other was there.

5. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime: 1-0 Japan. Australia's attack seemed to languish a bit in the last 10 minutes or so. Question could surround the Socceroos fitness in the second half. Hearkening back to 1994 World Cup, I thought the most fit team in the tournament even though they didn't win a game was South Korea. They played a match in Dallas in 95 degree heat, but their guys still looked fresh at the end. I still think they are the most fit team in the AFC. Japan is probably a distant second in that category, but it could be enough for them to maintain the lead and possibly extend it. Australia must recapture the good play they showed in the first 25 minutes of the match.

6. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It can be, but it has to be an intentional blocking of the players path, usually off the ball. I think the LOTG call it obstruction. For exampe, you aren't allowed to run in the way of the defender so he can't get to the guy with the ball. If the keeper can't get to the ball because the box is crowded is a different matter if the field player isn't interfering (I think. Any refs out there to comment? Where's MassRef when you need him! :D)

7. zonametro

zonametro ASU here I come!!

Jan 26, 2006
    Arizona

perhaps they are getting paid more by Japan

8. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears this ref was paid, by Fifa and perhaps a check from Toyko. I'm glad that I'll miss the second half to class. What a joke.

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FFS!!!!!! .... Can we please, please use video evidence to decide major decisions like that one. I understand not bringing out the cam-corder everytime the ref blows but couldn't they at least give each team one replay each or something? I am going for Australia now... I'd hate to see Japan win (or eventually go through) because of that bulls$#@ call.

10. i_hate_scams

i_hate_scams New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    the japanese player hip and shouldered Mark...

FIFA refs f**ked up, and they know it in hindsight... but you know, they need to justify themselves...

like as if they are going say they are wrong..

11. Klinsmannfan

Klinsmannfan Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    On the goal - Could have gone either way. The ref allow the goal due to poor effort on the goalie. If he came out harder, the call would go to the Aussie favor.

12. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Whoever he bumpbed into (it looked liked Yanagisawa to me..) the guy had a smile on his face as he bumpbed into him. That's being a prick.

13. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he is actually just an incompetant boob.

14. anettle

anettle New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    that is disgraceful!! I am an englishman living in aus, that sucks! Japan sucks! The ref sucks! Why are the ******** so scared? Because THEY are tuffer? Bigger?? Shame Shame Shame on FIFA. NOT IMPRESSED!!!

15. i_hate_scams

i_hate_scams New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    the ****** player wasn;t even looking at the ball

16. taocpa

taocpa Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Bowie, MD USA
    After seeing the replay, that was a foul. The player was not intending to play the ball regardless of whether or not he was looking at him, the goalkeeper was and it should have been called. But that's life, so Australia needs to get over it.

17. i_hate_scams

i_hate_scams New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    we should take f**king FIFA to court:)

18. anettle

anettle New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    It Was A Foul. If We Can Get It Right, Why Cant The Refs? Fifa Has A Real Doozy With This Ref!

19. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    im pretty sure the ref is aware of his mistake. we could see perhaps some favorable calls for the aussies in the 2nd half. either way, this ref is doomed. thanks CAF for yet another good ref. hah.

20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got a clear view of a replay on the disputed goal -- there was no push of an Australian player to that of a Japanese player into Schwartzer.

I'm sorry, but the Socceroos got jobbed, big-time.

21. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! Watching the replays now... you can see it best on the ground level angle from the side of the pitch showing where Nakamura crossed from and Japan's #9 just completely flooring Schwarzer.

22. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    The more I watch it the more I don't think it was a foul. There was a big crowd, the keeper came out weakly and collided with another player and fell over. End of story.

23. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cahill needs to come on for Wilkshire, he's just not fitting in. Aloisi on in the 2nd half would be nice as well, he's good at taking chances. Harry is doing reasonably well, a nice shot shortly after the Japanese cheat-move.

24. anettle

anettle New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Wow, Tasteful Words For You

25. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, are they? I recall that refs are volunteers, which is why they haven't quit their day jobs.