Australia Ticket Lottery

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by lebowski2332, Dec 20, 2005.

1. lebowski2332

lebowski2332 Member

Dec 14, 2005
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

UPDATE Tuesday December 20, 11:30am:

Over 14,000 applications have been received. Please do NOT call to ask if we have received your fax or email. The staff in the call centre do not handle the applications & head office will not be going through applications until later in the day.

We will then start to process the applications to remove duplicates. Successful applicants will not be contacted until Friday of this week after 2pm. The process will be first-in first-served.

Australia is processing 14,000 applications it received by email on the first day of their process and will start to get responses to winners by this Friday.

We need to send Amy and our 1 fax machine to Australia to see how its done.

2. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Praise the Lord!

3. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Only after Amy and our 1 outdated PC actually process our ticket requests.....(She certainly deserves to go to Australia though, as she appears to be the only calm voice of reason available to all of us rabid fans.)

4. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How is it that the Australian FA was able to accept applications by email but the USSF, allegedly, was not. Fascinating . . .

5. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    This is their first World Cup in over 30 years and yet they seem much more organized/prepared compared to the USSF.... Interesting info on how they "failed" to qualify for any WC's betweeen 1978 to 2002 too- I didn't realize they used to have a playoff vs. a CONCACAF team before they even got to play a South American team. Brutal.

6. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This playoff was repeat of the last time they were eliminated, playing against Uruguay. I think the difference this time was having the second leg at home.

I've got family in Australia, and for a country with a fledgling professional league (It makes MLS look like the Premier league and that's no disrespect to MLS), this is a HUGE deal. I would guess Quantas will be ramping up flights just to meet the demand.