Australia in AFC = First step in the development of Australian football

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Soju Gorae, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Here's hoping their football will improve and flourish as they no longer play the likes of Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and New Zealand.

Playing countries like South Korea, Iran, Japan, and Saudi Arabia will get their national team to become more competitive and improve in developing their skill. Those four have lots to teach and help Oz's football.

Cheers. :D

2. kelle

kelle Red Card

Nov 14, 2005
    Are you always this misinformed...Moving into Asia will help Australia qualify every 4 years...Regular opposition such as Japan is better no doubt but I don't think it is going to improve their skills a whole lot.Their skills are pretty fair as it is...

3. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think it will improve 2 skills that we have lacked in recent times. These are

1. The ability to keep composed in pressure situations
    2. The ability to back up in a tournament.

I think our footballing skills are as good as any in Asia. Its these other things where the best Asian sides have the edge on us.

4. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Aussie players are as skillfull as any in Asia, but the team will be improved by playing meaningful games more often. The biggest improvement will be in ranking - we used to beat teams 31-0 but get no-where (and rightly so) as they were only minnows, now with better opposition our ranking should move closer to were it should be (approx. 20 IMO)