Australia court Klinsmann for World Cup

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Cloudkicker09, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblausklinsmann&prov=afp&type=lgns

We have been linked with Scolari, a Guus return, and now Klinsmann- I say we say YOUR HIRED to the first one out of those three that asks for the job. Every time I hear about Guus and Chelsea rumors, I get more and more worried that despite how much he may love us, I fear that he may take the Chelsea job instead of coming back to coach us.

I think it would be AWESOME if Klinsmann coached us, he focuses on building a youth team and youth program, which is something we despretely (sp?) need. I say give the man WHATEVER he wants and hire him on the spot, so that we can get to work.

2. ykickamoocow

ykickamoocow New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Australia
    The SBS guys talked about this on "The World Game" today and none of them seemed to believe it was a very good idea. I dont think they rate Klinsmann as a coach.

3. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann decides to help the Roos out, that's fine. As long as it helps them keep winning, sign him for the long haul.

5. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney
    I would still prefer Guus over Klinsmann.

6. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=82681

GREAT now not only is Graham Arnold hessitant to give up his job, but he does not want Klinsmann for the job......Arnie come on it is what is best for the Socceroos in the long run

Did I mention that I am all for Klinsmann, then again what about Guus, I support Guus loyally and faithfully like any good Aussie, but everytime Guus says that he wants to come home to Australia, I have hope, but then I hear about the Chelsea rumors, (that Abromavich is fed up with Jose Morhino and is looking to replace him with Guus) LOOK unless Guus would come out tomarrow and said that he was FOR SURE coming home to coach the Socceroos for the 2010 world cup, HIRE KLINSMANN OR SCOLARI...hopefully the FFA will be smarter then the USA, by giving him WHATEVER he wants without question and have him sign on the dotted line.

7. Seraphium

Seraphium New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    well its not up to him to decide whether he keeps it or not. No offense to Arnold i respect him very much as an assistant coach fo teh Socceroos, but he has go the team selection for this Denmark game very wrong IMO, and with these injuiries i thought maybe he would play the likes of Spiranvoic and Mcdonald, but instead he goes with players that are aging besides Brad Jones......

Furthermore he probably isnt going to change anything for the Asian cup, so we may well miss out on players like Spiranovic....
    I find it odd how he says it gives the younger plays opportunity, what younger players?? Okay Holman, Jones who else???

8. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I hope we sign him for a long term deal. Hes 42 and we need him to about 50.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He can encourage the team to play attacking football but can he get the team to do it properly? That's the main concern. He has to prove that he can survive without Joachim Low.

10. ykickamoocow

ykickamoocow New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Australia
    I really hope we dont sign him and its just a rumour as it doesnt sound like he is a very good coach.